Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Price:$9.97+ Free shipping

If you have always-on DSL (Digital Subscriber Line) Internet service with a DSL modem and are reading this, you probably already a DSL filter on your phone line. Your ISP (Internet Service Provider) should have already provided them, but they can sometimes slip up, or you may have added a new phone and plugged it into the jack without thinking about it. Keeping it simple, this GE DSL Phone Line Filter can help cure a number of phone ills. If you have a wireless modem used to connect a new notebook computer or Kindle Fire and are running into interrupted connections, chances are that you either don't have one of these on one of your phones, or (and this isn't common) your old one has konked out.

You should install a DSL filters on:

* Standard Telephones
* Modems and phones sharing the same jack (phone side only)
* Connected phone devices such as answering machines and Fax machines

Do not install DSL filters on:

* Modems
* Empty phone jacks

Installing a DSL filter on your modem will interferes with your high-speed Internet service, so just don't do it. They go on the phone lines only. Just install it into your standard RJ11 phone jack, then plug the phone wire into the DSL filter. You'll see that it's even labeled on the filter itself... it couldn't be easier.

If your phone line is hissing and crackling and your DSL Internet connection becomes intermittent, this is the first step to curing the problem. If you install one of these and still have the problem, chances are that your outside phone service box has issues, such as corrosion on the lines, and in that case you may have to call your service technician.

This may be the most inexpensive way to cure the problems listed above, so don't overlook the obvious, when it may be simple to correct.

4/26/2012
0Comment| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2011
I've had DSL for a while, and recently connected a phone to an old jack in my bedroom. This jack has ancient wiring, and when the reception on an old corless phone I plugged in was very staticy and inconsistent I initially attributed it to wiring. Around this time my wireless DSL started "disconnecting" randomly. I researched the issue and discoverd that a filter is required on all phone lines and that that was likely the cause of the static as well. I had tried several phones and finally bought an old corded wall phone. We this affordable little gizmo solved all of my problems. The bedroom phone is now crystal clear and my wireless internet no longer disconnects randomly. Problem solved. If your looking for something to solve a similar problem, this is your gizmo.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon April 7, 2011
After purchasing a new cordless phone and reading the instructions, I found out I should have a DSL phone line filter. We had previously had static so I installed this. I already had a splitter for the two phones on my desk, one cordless, one a landline; so I just plugged this into the splitter and both lines have been crystal clear since then.
So this has proven to be an effective device, for not just one but two phones.
on January 29, 2013
It never occurred to me that these little units don't last forever, they don't. You need to replace them every few years or so, so you might as well get a stash to change out when your DSL gets wonky.
on November 29, 2012
i needed a filter for my fax in order for it to function properly but my cable provider told me that it was not something they provided. So i went online and found a very reasonably priced filter that works great. yay :)
on December 9, 2015
My DSL modem supposedly has a filter built into it but I was getting internet disconnections any time someone picked up the phone. It was momentary, but just enough to be noticeable. Contacted my ISP who assured me I did not need this since my phone is plugged directly into my DSL model and that modem's phone port has filtering built right in. They wanted to schedule a home visit, and let me know if they determined there to be a wiring problem in the house then it was on me to pay for the work.

I figured for ~$5 this was worth a try, and I'm glad to have made that gamble. It works great, I've not had any issues with phone/internet inerference since attaching this to my phone line. I would recommend anyone experiencing similar issues give it a try! Worked for me!
on July 13, 2011
The price and quality of these GE DSL filters is an excellent combination. My phones sound crystal clear now that the DSL filters are in place. I would recommend these filters.
on February 8, 2015
Item received was not what was advertised. Indicated it would work for 2 phones - which means it had to have 4 wires and photo I looked at showed 4 wires but, item I received had only 2 wires. Returned item.
on October 5, 2015
Yay, worked great, cleared up the static on our phone line. Too bad the phone company had to quit furnishing these necessary items to their DSL: customers, so much for their customer service. This item was available, shipped quickly, received it fast and best of all, it works. Price is acceptable. Saw the recommendation to replace these regularly as they do wear out.
on June 27, 2016
Ordered a new phone set and I was having issues with clarity and static on the new phone lines. I did some research and discovered that using a phone line filter may rectify the situation. I ordered this item and it helped tremendously.