This folio is pretty much exactly what I was expecting from the product description. It looks nice, it's easy to use, and I like this one over a lot of similar folios because it has more pockets. There were a few things I was wondering about when I purchased it, but I figured for the price, I'd gamble and find out when I got it:
- Can this be used with a phone that's...
Published on September 14, 2012 by SliceDiamond

3.0 out of 5 stars not quite right
the credit card pockets have no bottom so all the card sink all the way down and cannot get them out easily
Published 21 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Good folio! Useful, professional looking, little cheap but it's ok, September 14, 2012
This review is from: GEARONIC TM Wallet PU Leather case Card Holder Flip Case Cover for Samsung i9300 Galaxy S3 III, White (Wireless Phone Accessory)
- Can this be used with a phone that's already in a case? Nope! My SG3 is in a relatively thin case (the Diztronic Matte Back Clear Flexible TPU Case & Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S III (Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Verizon and International Carriers) [Diztronic Retail Packaging]) and I have to remove it to fit the phone into the folio. Not a problem.
- How does the front flap (the red part) attach to the body of the front (the white part)? Answer: it's magnetic! I'm not crazy about having a magnet pressed right against the phone, but at least it's fairly weak.
- How exactly does the phone stay in the case? Well, it's those two white clamps that you can see on the sides of the phone in the product picture. They're flexible enough that you can insert the phone either by pressing it into the clamps or by sliding it in vertically - it's difficult to remove by prying the clamps apart though (I'm not sure I'd want to anyway), but it's easy enough to slide the phone out vertically. The clamps are coated so they don't scratch the phone, but they're not overly grippy either.

A couple things I also noticed when I received the case:
- It smells VERY VERY strongly of some chemical - maybe vinyl? Whatever it is, it's crazy strong. I febrezed the living daylights out of it and that helped a bit. Mostly it just needs to air out for a long time. And be repeatedly febrezed.
- The quality is ok - some of the stitching is a little crooked, the cutouts on the inside are kind of sloppy...but nothing that's very noticeable (the cutouts for the camera, etc. are covered by the phone, though the cutouts for the card slots are still visible). The inner material (the red part) is stretchy but doesn't have a lot of spring - it stretches to accommodate cards and such, but it stays stretched out when you remove them. I suppose I would describe it as a bit saggy.
- There's a patch on the inside of the case, under the phone. You can't see it in the product description because it's not pictured open without a phone in it. I loaded a photo of my own so you can see what I'm talking about. It's a patch of grey nylon-y fabric glued over a rectangle of something rigid. There's no indication of what it is, but it almost looks like the kind of old-school RFID squares that retail stores used to stick on stuff for security. I peeled off the backing to check it out and it appears to be a chunk of styrene inserted into a cutout in the case, which I can only assume is designed to afford some extra protection for the phone, since the case itself is made of a soft, styrofoam-like inner material. It's a liiiiiiiiittle suspicious looking, and it would be kinda nice if the seller mentioned what it is in the product description.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with this purchase, especially for the price, and if I wanted one in the future I wouldn't hesitate to buy it in another color. I also received it quite quickly - the shipping estimate is very generous, but I actually got it in the mail three business days after I placed the order.

3.0 out of 5 stars not quite right, January 3, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible!!, April 8, 2013
The pockets for the credit cards have no bottom so the cards fall all the way down the sleeve and less than 24 hours after I received it the strap on it broke. I would not recommend this item to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars It only lasted a couple of months, April 2, 2013
The right hand side that keeps your phone inside the case the plastic, begins to crack,, I had it a few months and slowly it started breaking apart until it was unable to hold my phone and it slipped right out. I loved it at first but ended up hating it after a couple of months, now its worthless and the edge of my phone is damaged.

1.0 out of 5 stars bad quality, March 19, 2013
After one week of use, it's getting loose and makes my phone damaged.
It is useless!!!!!!
DON'T COUNT YOUR EXPENSIVE PHONE ON THIS CHEAP STUPID COVER!

1.0 out of 5 stars dont buy!, February 23, 2013
One of the bars that holds the phone in broke within a week or less of using it! Not worth the money!

1.0 out of 5 stars CHEAP PRODUCT, March 5, 2013
THE CLASP WILL NOT STAY CLOSED AND MY CREDIT CARDS SLID OUT OF THE POCKETS!!! IT A GOOD THING I WAS PAYING ATTENTION OR I WOULD HAVE LOST MY CARD AND ID!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, September 21, 2013
Works well for what it was needed for. Its not for protection but rather for convenience, helps me hold well with all my cards and such.

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, July 28, 2013
It has a nice look and the phone fits well, but the material could be a little better to keep the phone safer and the credit slots are too big so the cards slide all the way down.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not hold, February 5, 2013
As title describes. This case looks good, but doesn't hold phone. Phone falls out of case, so hope your phone doesn't fall on a hard floor. Defeats the purpose of a case protector.