5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good
Published on November 18, 2009 by KC Man

3.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Ripoff
These bulbs are $35 cheaper if you buy them directly from C.Crane.

Also, these are the old version. For the price Amazon is offering these ($70), you can buy the new version, which is more efficient and brighter (Geo3)
Published on January 28, 2010 by Maverick Johns

3.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Ripoff, January 28, 2010
These bulbs are $35 cheaper if you buy them directly from C.Crane.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good, November 18, 2009
KC Man (Kansas City Missouri) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GEOBulb C. Crane GB2083ATE II LED Bulb, Soft White (Tools & Home Improvement)
I have tried several different LED lights for practically my whole house. Some were "OK" and some failed immediately. I hesitate to write anything of praise of the six kitchen lamps I got today, but the quality is obvious. These things are heavy so be careful when putting them in. I chose the warm white which gives a nice glow to my bathroom. Here is the main, and perhaps only reason I chose this brand. They carry a 3 year warranty and so far I have no found and LED that carried any warranty. I use 42 watts to brightly light up a good size kitchen. I swear these are brighter than the 60-watt recessed bulbs I had before. Same for the bedroom, 4 7-watt lights produce more lights than the two 100-watt bulbs I have before. From what I hear, if the bulbs are pointed at the ceiling (bedroom) they are more effective. I realize that the price is high on these but five years from now when they are still running you'll feel you made a good deal. I can usually tell about about a product by the way it is packaged and presented. This was excellent. I may be back here crying in a week about lamp failure but I doubt it. New technology is costly, so don't buy the junk floating all over the internet. And dispose of those ugly, dangerous CFL's as soon as practicable. Good LED's are the wave of the future.
Update: after 2 1/2 years the bulbs are still perfect. Made in America, not China, and the quality & durability shows.

Three year anniversary: The bulbs are still burning bright! Give this "Made in America" company a chance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Geo Bulb, soft, December 9, 2009
Sierra Bill (State of Jefferson) - See all my reviews
I've used these bulbs for about 2-3 months now. The "soft" version of the Geobulb II that I purchased is definitely not a replacement for a 60 watt bulb. I see there is now a Geobulb III, which is supposed to use a hair less power and provides more lumens. Many of the product descriptions on Amazon are inaccurate....thank goodness for reviews from real humans that have actually plunked down the $ for a product.
Anyway, I would visually approximate the output of the geobulb II "soft" version to be equivalent to a 45-50 watt incandescent bulb. In many locations, this will not be a problem. But if you need the 800 lumens that a 60 watt "soft white" incandescent puts out, it's not there. In the Geobulb, it is fairly directional, so if you need most of your light shining away from the base, that will help.
This and all LED bulbs are for those who are willing to subsidize a better future (I've bought 6 so far). Pay back is years down the road by 4-5 years by my calcs, having paid ~$55.00 for it here on Amazon. But it will be the folks who purchase these bulbs now that bring the killer good and less expensive LEDs to all of us sooner.
Other good features on the Geobulb: Comes on immediately (even when cold), lasts many years, has a 3 year warranty.

13 April 2010 Update: I think it's very important to know where things I purchase are made. Geobulb II is made in China, but alas, I can't see where any of the other 4 brands of LED bulbs I've purchased are made in the USA either. Bummer.
Also, there seems to be little third party specifications associated with this new technology in lighting. C. Crane seems to have done a pretty good job, but many other bulbs and manufacturers specs offer little to accurately compare the various characteristics of the light a source emits. "Soft white", "cool", "daylight" are subjective descriptions... all these should be expressed as degrees Kelvin, E.G. : 3100K.

5.0 out of 5 stars geobulb is good, January 7, 2010
I have been using this geobulb (soft white) as my main light for over 6 months... the color is good... the light the leds put out is very solid (no fast flicker like most bulbs)... in my opinion they are worth the $100... the light feels good and cool...its plenty bright enough..its brighter than a bright desk lamp...It lights a 500sq/ft room pretty well... you cannot look directly at the bulb when its on..thats bright enough for me.. the heat sink gets hot but thats expected when you push leds this hard for the extra lumens..led light isnt hot like from normal bulbs, but the leds make heat underneath when pushed hard... thats just the way the technology works... they could make a bulb that does not get hot but they would have to use double the leds to get the same lumens... I can tell a huge difference when comparing to other types of bulbs... if you put your ear right up to it you can hear a little buzz... unless you use it as a very close reading light, you wont hear it... i was concerned about that and happy to report it passes the quiet test.. as others say, they will get cheaper in time...

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool Lighting, April 6, 2010
Charlene Clark (Baltimore, MD USA) - See all my reviews
This bulb fit into my ceiling fan out on my porch. It emits a great daylight-quality light. My neighbors have noticed and admired it.

1.0 out of 5 stars $82+ are you kidding??, July 24, 2011
Well well well. $82 to $90 flickering dollars. AmazingZon. Given the price and "reliability" "liability" I shall pass these LEDs and CFLs up for a while; maybe for a year or so and leave these for the fools. I am going to stick with my state of the art: dimmers and the off switch thank you.