5.0 out of 5 stars TEAC Product Review
Published on September 10, 2011 by Paul

2.0 out of 5 stars Great while it lasted...
Published on January 30, 2011 by SueV

5.0 out of 5 stars TEAC Product Review, September 10, 2011
This review is from: TEAC GF-550 Turntable with Cassette, Radio and CD Recorder (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
After receiving a bad product made by another company, I received this wonderful CD Recorder made by TEAC. Right out of the box it started working properly and has been ever since. It is so easy to use and the instructions are simple to understand. I recommend this recorder to anyone who is interested in making CD's from old phonograph records and cassette tapes and it has an excellent sound also. After recording a CD on this recorder I immediately played it on my big stereo and it sounded terrific. Thanks to TEAC for making such a good product and to Amazon for selling them.

Sincerely,

Paul

4.0 out of 5 stars Great general compact audio system, October 10, 2011
mykecusa "mykecusa" (Roseville, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I have records, tapes and CDs. I simply wanted a compact system I could listen to these, plus a tuner. My first effort was a major flop. Wrong product and wrong vendor. One of those "Bad" internet purchases. Fortunately I recovered from that and ended up with a great compact audio system from an excellent vendor. Both are needed to be really successful.

The Teac GF-550 serves my purpose perfectly. I am impressed by the sound clarity and volume coming from a compact system. Granted it does not have dual cassette player/recorder, nor multi-disc CD player. However it has a very useful CD recorder for burning audio CDs of my cassette tapes and records. I think it comes down to exactly what one is looking to accomplish, and at what price.

The manual is adequate, but not terribly fully explanatory enough for this technically limited individual. While I burned a CD I really do not fully understand all of the settings that can be made. I am truely happy it is basically an automatic process. The default settings seemed to work just fine for me. The Teac GF-550 does just what I was looking for

2.0 out of 5 stars Great while it lasted..., January 30, 2011
I bought this about three years ago, and for the first couple years it got light use...mostly listening to old records and cassette...during which it worked well, the sound quality was decent, and I was a happy camper. Recently I started recording some of my cassettes and records to CDs, and my favorable opinion collapsed. The cassette player fried itself while recording a Patsy Cline tape (didn't like C&W maybe?) and then a short time later the recording function itself started acting quirky...sometimes it would record and sometimes not. (not just C&W)
Basically, the unit worked well as long as I didn't use it much. Now I'm looking for something with which to send records and cassettes into my trusty iMac where I can burn them to CDs. Suggestions appreciated. TIA

4.0 out of 5 stars Teac is the brand you want to purchase!, December 18, 2011
Carl Taylor Sr (ACCOKEEK, MARYLAND, US) - See all my reviews
I am a long time purchaser/user of the Teac stereo products and they have proven to be of good quality,workmanship,durability and sound! There are many different brands of these Turntable with cassette,radio/CD recorders that I had never heard of so I strayed away from the unknown and went with what I new and have experienced. I don't believe you can go wrong with this one (Teac GF-550) for the money; check out "Hammacher Schlemmer magazine and you will find the identical product,(Teac)model HT-76797 for $399, I paid little more than half of that for my GF-550.

4.0 out of 5 stars TEAC GF-550 a good buy, March 12, 2012
I bought this for my 55 year old brother who always wanted a CD burner to back up his collection of cassettes he created over the years. He doesn't own a computer and couldn't afford a separate CD burner. I came across this on Amazon.com and when I saw the price and it was manufactured by TEAC I had to buy it for him. He loves it. He spends hours making CD's. It's easy to operate and he is happy with the sound. The one thing he said that is missing are bass and treble knobs when recording. He did say the preset levels are perfect and he probably wouldn't adjust them anyway. Don't judge the recording quality by listening to the CD on the unit with it's 3" speakers, but pop it in a car or a home entertainment system with larger speakers and it sounds great! I would recommend this as an inexpensive way to burn CD's.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, January 10, 2012
Received it last week & bought it for the most part to turn my tapes into CD'S. Have spent 3 days playing with it & am very satisfied with the result. My only flaw that I have experienced so far is while recording the tapes, the tracking number skips occasionally. One song may start in the number 9 slot & finish in the 11 spot. This does not effect the recording of the song to its conclusion.

5.0 out of 5 stars TEAC Turntable, etc., February 22, 2011
This is EXACTLY what I have been looking for, easy to operate, sound quality is awesome and it's all in a nice package.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, January 9, 2012
It arrived as promised and was in excellent condition. Made for a great Christmas gift and my wife was extremely pleased with it. Just what she wanted.

3.0 out of 5 stars Some what disappointed, May 21, 2012
DJP (St. Louis, MO United States) - See all my reviews
The unit does do what it says it will. However, the record player needle is of poor quality and skips quite a bit. You would think for the money that the needle would be of better quality. In addition, you really have to baby sit this thing while your recording albums. The auto advance doesn't work very well and you end up with multiple songs on the same cd track if you don't manually advance it. The sound of the recorded cd's was actually pretty good.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT TEAC GF-550, January 31, 2012
I have had this item for about a week and I received it in a timely manor. So far it is working well and making good CD's. I have recorded two records at this time and the CD's sound great!

Rate and Discover Movies