Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: GGS Canon EOS 7D LCD Optical Glass Screen Protector
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

இ Fuzzy Wuzzy's Summary:
ѾѾѾѾѾ Highly recommended with warm fuzzies!

In the past, I have applied various stick-on adhesive-backed plastic film screen protectors to the screens of my Canon 30D and 40D, as well as using both custom pre-cut and cut-it-yourself plastic films for the screens on my cell phones and iPods. If the film protector gets scuffed or scratched on my cell phone or iPod, as it always seems to happen eventually, I just wait awhile and let the scratches and distortions build up on the film before pulling it off and replacing it with a new film. However, having scratches and scuffs accumulate on the film protector that covers the screen of a digital camera becomes a far more significant annoyance when I am trying to carefully review photos. Even a few scratch marks on a DSLR screen protector becomes a nuisance when I am trying to review photos on my camera. And so I went ahead and bought these awesome GGS optical glass screen protectors for my 30D, 40D, and 7D main LCD monitor screens. I still use the small film section of the Lexerd - Canon EOS 7D TrueVue Crystal Clear Digital Camera Screen Protector to protect my top LCD panel on all three DSLRs.

Unlike the flimsy plastic films, this screen protector is actually made of a very rigid optical glass material that is 0.5mm thick. Lining the outer perimeter of one side of this very thin sheet of glass is a precisely-fitted 3M double-sided adhesive tape. The precision fit of this adhesive that lines the outer border of the glass is important because if there is not a totally good seal all around this glass sheet, it can allow dust particles to get between the LCD monitor and the screen protector. But upon close inspection, I think that my screen protector has a consistent seal around its entire border.

To mount this screen protector, first make sure that the LCD monitor is totally clean. Then peel off a plastic backing to expose the adhesive, carefully align this screen protector over the 7D's LCD monitor, and press it into place on top of the LCD monitor. Unlike using plastic films, you do not have to deal with possible bubbles or bending/warping happening underneath the screen protector.

The adhesive that is used to mount the screen protector holds it in place firmly, yet if you need to remove or just re-position this glass screen, you can (very carefully) slide a thin razor blade or box cutter blade underneath the adhesive to slowly and carefully lift it off the LCD monitor.

This glass sheet does not seem to attract fingerprints and smudges the way most plastic films that I have used tend to do. And, most importantly, if I rake my fingernails or even a house key across this glass, I do not leave any marks or scratches on it. Try that on any plastic film! This is the perfect compliment to my 7D's very nice 920000-dot 3-inch LCD monitor.

The fit and sizing of the glass is also very precise, going out to all the edges of the LCD monitor. Because this glass is 0.5mm thick however, it does stick out more than if you had applied one of the plastic film protectors. You can actually feel the edge of the glass protector as it sits on top of the LCD monitor, and so that part of the camera's back surface will not be flush. But that is inconsequential to me as I love the clarity of this protector and how resistant to scratches, smudges, and fingerprints it is.

Well worth the money for some added protection!
on March 23, 2010
This is the best thing you could ever buy for your 7D LCD screen. I have had the crappy plastic films, and the plastic covering which works okay, but this thing is flawless. It is a snug glass shield. I was scared I would mess it up when i was installing it, but this wasn't the case. I turned on my LCD screen, wiped it off with a sunglasses microfiber cloth, peeled off the plastic and stuck it right on. It was simple to center it and there were no air bubbles. +1 for Amazon, +1 for this product, and +1 for 3M. Buy it.
on December 19, 2011
1) This is NOT by GGS, GGS logo not on it plus no GGS packageing.
2) This is NOT hard Glass material
3) This is a Cheap Plastic, broke while examining it.
4) I have purchased GGS Glass material LCD protector from eBay last year and that was Real GGS Glass LCD protector, not like this Cheap Plastic.
5) The packaging is not even GGS also. Came in a package with no label, nothing. Just the item with a barcode on the package.
6) I purchased from eForcity, maybe other sellers would have the Real GGS Quality glass lcd protector. DON'T BUY !

I have uploaded couple of pictures so you can see what I'm talking about.
on March 9, 2011
My wife purchased this for my birthday, going right off my wish list. Unfortunately the product that came is NOT the one shown and described here. What came is the GGS Third Generation screen protector, which has some significant differences that may not be to your liking. The biggest issue is that the 3rd Generation version that I received is NOT thin, it is quite thick on the back of my 7D. Further, it does not stick with any adhesive at all -- and while this may be considered a good thing, it's also NOT good, because the protector, as installed, can slide around a bit. Now, I'm sure its functionality is great as a protector of the 7D's screen, but the fact that it's extra thick now, and moves after installment, leaves me disappointed. Not to mention the fact that they're sending a product that doesn't match what's shown here on Amazon. I'm leaving the protector on my camera for now, but I may send it back.
Fuzzy Wuzzy's Summary:
***** Highly recommended with warm fuzzies!

Well worth the money for some added protection!
on March 17, 2011
This LCD protector is a great addition to the camera for a little extra protection. It's not a technical piece of equipment but build quality is a solid plastic and doesn't feel flimsy. Installation is quick and easy - snap off the OEM eyepice, slide this protector in, and slide the OEM eyepiece back on top of it. Although the actual protector piece *can* be lifted away from the LCD screen when mounted, overall it fits firmly and flush. There is a paper gasket on the underside of the protector area so it should add extra protection against dust, etc. getting under it. Everything looks OEM which is always a plus. The eyepiece does extend a little further as stated in another review but it's really a non-issue IMO. I actually think it's better this way since the extra distance helps prevent any oil or sweat from your face from transferring onto the screen while looking through the viewfinder.

For the price, you really can't go wrong with this product. I've owned a few DSLR's but never installed a LCD protector on any of them before. With the quality and OEM look of this product, I'd be happy to purchase this product again for any other DSLR in the future.
on May 6, 2012
Let's keep this review simple. I installed the screen protector, the glass shattered, which scratched my lcd screen, which defeated the whole purpose of this product. There were no instructions to guide you and the packaging was unmarked so the make is unknown. Was the $6 worth it? Sure; it certainly taught me a lesson. An expensive one at that. LOL.

Note to manufacturer: use hard plastic.
on April 30, 2011
I had just purchased my Cannon 7D and I wanted to get an LED protector for the "Live View" display. I didn't want anything sticking to the lcd, thus this fit the bill. This mounts under the eyepiece. Installing this was easy, but I needed to exhert a little pressure to push in the protector under the eyepiece. Once installed this does look fantastic and actually looks OEM. Also a very solid build and professional look.
on November 28, 2011
This is much better than those plastic LCD protection covers for your camera that have air bubbles, scratch easily and for me seems must be changed out every month or two.

I have used this product on my Canon 7D for several months now and I really like it. It fits well over the back of the camera with very little edge so does not catch, and looks as though it came this way from the factory.

At first glance of this product I thought the vendor sent one that was just another plastic protection cover, but reviewing and inspecting the item, this is very thin. Only 7mm thick with optical glass coated (very clear when viewing images) with multiple layers which does what it was intended to do. I am fully sold.

I find it a very good product at protecting my LCD screen and being easy to install. I no longer have to worry about scatching my LCD with this product, or replacing those plastic (air bubble mess) screen protectors every month or two. This items cleans well and adheres to the back of the camera just outside the edge of your LCD screen without blocking any of the image, menus or functions. Optically adjusted and layered with 6 protective coatings makes it a keeper.

Better to scratch this up rather than your actual LCD screen and for the price of plastic screen protectors one could change this out yearly if needed for this price. Great product, very satisfied...
on January 26, 2012
I bought this because I didn't want a flimsy plastic film protector since those have a tendency to get scratched pretty easily. This protector does the job. It's thicker than the thin plastic films and won't scratch or smudge as easy. It doesn't quite live up to its anti-glare claims 100% of the time, but it does a pretty good job. I wouldn't say it's as bad as a few of the other people on here have said. It doesn't sit flush with the camera, but it hardly impacts me at all when I'm shooting. And as far as the instructions, while they're horribly translated, you don't even need them. Don't let other reviewers scare you off because of that. All you do is take off the film and stick the thing on. I'm not sure why they were so confused by the instructions..

All in all, this is a good, cheap, durable screen protector that fits the 7D near perfectly. You'll still notice some glare in harsh sunlight, but you won't see many scratches or smudges, so it's a fair trade off.