5.0 out of 5 stars Used on a Canon PowerShot SD1400IS
I used the camera (plus protector) for two weeks straight. It was in and out of pockets, it rested on tables and desks and the protector ultimately was as good as new as the first day it was stuck on. Sometime in the third week I dropped the camera on a tile floor cracking the protector but the camera body and screen remained undamaged.

Removal was delicate but...
Published on July 11, 2010 by Mr. Snappy

1.0 out of 5 stars Super Protection for my Canon T3
Published on December 21, 2011 by D. M. Baxter

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Super Protection for my Canon T3, December 21, 2011
This review is from: GGS Optical Glass LCD Screen Protector 2.7 inches for Digital Cameras (Electronics)
I will start off by mentioning this screen protector would not work for a touchscreen LCD. I bought this for my Canon EOS T3. It fits perfect, and offers great screen protection. It is a thick screen protector, as it contains a glass layer, claims the product has 6 layers. Two protective layers, Transparent layer, Color Layer, Anti-crack layer, and the adhesive layer.
0.5mm thick, I will also point out that this protector is only adhesive around the edges. I really like that, because it's less of a chance that it could damage your screen. The adhesive edge is very sticky though, so you won't have to worry about it coming loose. I purposely tried pulling at the sides of mine to see if it would come loose, but no budge. There is no difference that I can see between the screen and the protector, looks the same. The only difference is there is a silver frame around it, but as long as you put the screen protector on correctly, it shouldn't obstruct your view. It doesn't bother me, but it may someone else. This is a very effective little protector, against scratches, scrapes and anything happening to your screen. It was priced very good, and worth every penny. I would advise if you really want to make sure it is on correctly, turn on your camera, so you can see where you should place it.

UPDATE PLEASE READ: 1-26-2012
I have had this screen protector on for about 6 weeks, Just today I have had to take it off because my Canon T3 has started giving me problems and I will have to exchange it. It wasn't too hard to remove. I used to CC to help remove it. My screen was left in terrible condition, most of the adhesive residue was left on the LCD screen and it has been hell trying to get off. I would not recommend this if you plan to re-sell you camera or just don't want your screen ruined.I don't know if this is standard for this protector, I just wouldn't want to chance it. I will not buy this product again. I've tried some lense cleaning wipes, rubbing alcohol, and still trying to remove it. All it's doing is scratching the screen with what I try to clean it with, so I'm trying to be careful. Please beware. And if anyone has any ideas please don't hesitate to share. I am changing my star rating also, so this review will be seen. I will update if I am able to get it off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Used on a Canon PowerShot SD1400IS, July 11, 2010

Removal was delicate but all the glue did eventually come off and the replacement protector screen is just as clear and durable (so far). Be warned that the SD1400IS screen is slightly longer on the right hand side than the protector is wide, but the actual displayed image inside the screen matches the size of the protector's area perfectly. In other words the Canon screen has wasted space on the right hand side. That minor aesthetic quibble doesn't detract from the otherwise picture perfect utility of the screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Screen Protector for Olympus E-PL1 Digital Camera, December 19, 2011
I received this product quickly and it arrived in perfect condition. Although I was somewhat confused as to the exact size to order for my Olympus E-PL1, this one turned out to fit the camera's rear screen perfectly.

I consider this product a "must have" for this camera and the price is a bargain, with free shipping and no tax from Amazon.

I can highly recommend this product for any Olympus E-PL1 camera, since it fits perfectly and does it's job without interfering with the camera in any way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the Trick!, May 6, 2011
This little guy really gets the job done!
I wasn't sure what to expect when I ordered it for my Rebel T3. I certainly wasn't expecting it to be so great for such a small price! It's just a thick (think DVD thick, nothing noticeable), completely clear piece of glass with an adhesive side that you stick to your camera's LCD screen. I was a little unsettled by the thought of sticking that adhesive to my screen....but it certainly doesn't seem to have any ill effects. It sticks VERY WELL, so be careful when you put it on at first and be sure you've got it in the right place! It's incredibly clear, as others have mentioned. You really would think it was part of the camera!
I'm very stoked on this purchase, and would recommend it to absolutely everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Optical Quality!, September 8, 2010
I have these on my Canon 40D & 7D. Have used them on the Konica Minolta
7D and the Sony a700. They protect and keep your LCD clean and readable.
I have used the 'film' protectors, but these optical glass protectors are the way
to go. Just remember to use a thin plastic card to remove them! Use a thin
library card, grocery store card, etc, but don't pry them up with something thick
it can damage your LCD. I have never had the problem and you wont either
if you go by the instructions.

Easy to apply to a CLEAN LCD and they will make you forget that you have
LCD protection on your camera. I sold my Konica Minolta 7D with one on
and the buyer thought it had no protection. I had to email her and tell her
not to buy any, since there was one on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Came in handy within hours!, January 1, 2011
Purchased this product on wed Dec 29. Arrived Dec 31 (New Years Eve) Installed it that afternoon. Took camera (Pentax Kx) to a New years eve party, where it must have gotten bumped, Protective screen cracked, but left zero damage to camera screen. Now im not sure when, or how hard it got bumped, or if the protector just cracks easily, but I know I am darn glad it was the protector that cracked and not my screen. Already ordered a new one with expedited shipping. PS. I couldn't find decent removal tips, I just used a thin laminated card, (not credit card, thinner than that) to slide around the edges, That still left a little residue, so I poured some Goo Gone in a lid and cleaned residue with a Q-Tip. Worked great, no damage to screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect fit for my Canon Elph 300HS, April 1, 2013
I bought one of these about 15 months ago when I first bought my Canon Elph 300HS. I'm kinda a clutz & I have young children too so I wanted to protect my investment. The screen protector worked wonderfully! It kept the LCD screen protected & free from scratches or cracks, just like it's supposed to (somewhat of a novel concept these days!). After 15 months of being knocked around, the protector had several cracks & many scratches on it. I was still able to see through it & the camera still worked wonderfully, but I decided it was time to replace the protector so I didn't give it a second thought to look up on my amazon order history to find the exact one I had purchased before to replace it with. The old one was easy to remove, just slide a credit card under the edge & slide it back & forth until it brakes free from the camera LCD. The new one has been on about 2 months & I'm having equal success this round! I would highly recommend this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Loves These Screens, September 28, 2012
terster "Terster" (Madison, WI United States) - See all my reviews
I reviewed the 3.0" screens. So i'll try to keep this short(er).

The screens are thicker than most you get in the store. It seems a bit thick at first but it grows on you quickly. More importantly, there is a nice black boarder around the edge and it is crystal clear.

THe price is cheap, so you'd think bubbles, marks, cheap, etc... nope. None of it.

Crystal clear. Once it's on, it's ON! IT's not going anywhere until broken.

My son has dropped my camera more than once and it shattered the screen protector, but not the screen on the camera.

It took some umph to pull the old one off, but it came off without any real issue. There was no residue which was awesome and 2 min's later, the new protector was on and we were back!

I use the 3.0, 2.7 screens. I now keep one extra of each on hand at all times for i really, really like these screen covers!

I recommend getting 1, giving it a try. If you like it, awesome and if not, sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked Like a Charm!! CANON A2200, October 22, 2011
I bought this for my canon A2200 powershot Canon Powershot A2200 14.1 MP Digital Camera with 4x Optical Zoom (Blue)camera and boy am I greatful I did. I was using my camera to take pics/video's of my granddaughter cheerleading at a football game. I was so into the game that I forgot and "DROPPED" the camera!! OOPS!! I looked at the lcd and was panicked, it was shattered, like a spider web effect. I was so worried, as the warranty wouldn't cover that. So I took the glass protector off, VERY CAREFULLY, (as I was so nervous about what I would find) But to my relief, it did as promised. HOORAY!! The original LCD screen just had the glue residue from the glass protector on it. I was ecstatic... I thought I ruined my camera. Now after I cleaned off the glue, (thank you goo gone) the only damage to the original LCD was a small scratch in the top left corner of screen. That I can live with, (besides i probably did that myself trying to clean off the glue without goo gone...) THIS PRODUCT IS WONDERFUL. I HAVE ALREADY PURCHASED A 2ND ONE FOR THE SAME CAMERA. BTW I HAVE ONE ON ALL MY CAMERAS. GLASS IS THE WAY TO GO. I hope this helps, I have a photo of the broken screen protector if someone would like to see it. I defitnetly say buy it. A+++++!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow great product, May 4, 2011
My old film screen protector only lasted a couple months till it began to peel, allowing dust to stick and unable to stick back to the screen. i got tired of dealing with that and didnt want to end up buying the same crap. i saw this one and it sounded great and at a great price. and it is. the protector seams to be great quality and is clear, like looking into a brand new lens. this looks like it belongs on my camera. i recommend you have the screen lit before you attach, and clean your screen well. the only thing for me on my olympus e420 is the lcd bezel is wider then the protector, but it dont bother me. the 2.7 is exact and thats what matters most.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›