4.0 out of 5 stars Great screen protector.
The GGS screen protectors are by far the best ones in my opinion. They are constructed with several layers of various glass substrates. They can be removed and reused, unlike the cheap single plastic protectors that are way overpriced.

Published on February 22, 2011 by AWBoater

I just purchased a brand new Panasonic Lumix FZ100 digital camera.

I figured I would buy a 3" screen protector to keep the color LCD screen free from fingermarks and dirt.
Published on December 23, 2010 by Dennis M. Meyers

4.0 out of 5 stars Great screen protector., February 22, 2011

The only downside is the manufacturer doesn't provide H x W dimensions for their product. Many cameras have custom sized protectors, but if your camera is not listed, it is hard to know which protector to purchase. The only dimension is diagonal, which isn't satisfactory as not all camera viewfinders have the same aspect ratio.

I have purchased several of these, and I have provided dimensions below:

Generic protectors:

3.0" diagonal: 2 9/16" W x 1 15/16"
2.8" diagonal: 2 9/16" W x 1 43/64"
2.7" diagonal: 2 9/16" W x 1 13/16"

The dimensions given are the edge-to-edge dimension of the glass. There is also a black border about 1/16" around the edges.

Specific equipment protectors:

Nikon D3000: 2 9/16" W x 2 3/32"
Nikon SB-600 Flash: 1 5/8 W x 1 1/8 H

For specific equipment protectors, I would avoid purchasing a screen protector for anything but the intended equipment as there are often custom size borders and perhaps equipment names on the protector.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for Canon S95, October 10, 2010
I spent a good few hours trying to find a glass style screen protector that would work for my Canon S95. I used to own this type of screen protector for my Panasonic LX3, and wanted it for my S95. Given the options out there (which I found this was the only one) I am overall satisfied with it. My only issue is with how it fits over the screen, which I will get into later in this review.

Why choose this over the cheaper plastic screen protectors? Those screen protectors tend to get dust much more easily along the edges. It also tends to peel back over time. Even if they say you can wash it and reapply, I really wanted to set it and forget it. It is really not noticeable in terms of added thickness to the camera, so I am very pleased with that and with the protection quality.

My only complaint is how well it fits over my camera screen. Around the edges of canon S95 screen is a few millimeters of blacked out glass, which the screen protector did no fully cover, so it's not completely flush. I am sure this was built to be a universal type screen protector, so I somewhat understand.

I would highly suggest this for any 3" screen that you are looking to protect that has a ratio of 4:3, but my application was specifically for the Canon S90/S95.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surprised!, January 22, 2010
I had pondered getting one of these for quite some time and then received
one for Christmas and just got around to installing it on my Sony a700.
I hope to never take it off unless replacing it with another GGS Optical
Glass Protector. This makes reviewing my images a pleasure and I'll
never put the OEM plastic protector back on if at all possible.

Try one of these and I think you will be surprised as well. Much better
than any of the other vinyl, plastic, adhesive or cling protectors.
NO AIR BUBBLES. No distortion at all that I have noticed and much
less glare so far.

I just ordered another for my other camera body and one for my
brother's Pentax. He admired mine and I think he'll be happy with
it and it will protect his LCD better than what he has on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, June 7, 2010
Just perfect for the new purchased Panasonic DMC ZS7
Very easy to install and much better choice then the peel plastic type screen protectors.
The camera will surely appreciate this extra protection.

5.0 out of 5 stars This product works!, May 5, 2010
Bob (Sebastopol, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I ordered one of these over a year ago and installed it on my Canon G10. It was easy to install and if you didn't know, it looked like the lcd screen itself. But the great thing about this product is that I tripped and fell while I had the camera in my hand and it took a serious hit against a rock. The lens protector cracked, but when I took it off to check the lcd...not a scratch. Because of this protector I still have an unmarked lcd. Incidentally, the screen protector comes off easy using a credit card to slide under and separate from the lcd screen. My only complaint is when I bought this one year ago it was $4.95. Now it's $9.95 to $14.95...double to triple the cost in a little over a year!

5.0 out of 5 stars FIts X100S and X100 - Works Great, October 2, 2013
CN "CN" (Boston, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GGS Optical Glass LCD Screen Protector 3 inches for Digital Cameras (Electronics)
I've used these on many cameras over the last ten years or so. They apply easily, stay put and offer great protection for non-touch screen cameras. I'm posting this review to state specifically that this 3" version offers full coverage for the Fuji X100 and X100S screens. This one has a 4:3 ratio. There is a 3:2 version that will *not* fit. The black border at the edge of this one matches the outside of the X100/X100S screen.

2.0 out of 5 stars This 3" LCD camera screen protector is good only on certain cameras!, December 23, 2010
Dennis M. Meyers "DennisM" (Wayne, New Jersey United States) - See all my reviews
I just purchased a brand new Panasonic Lumix FZ100 digital camera.

So I received the protector, peeled off the top protective paper and did the same thing on the bottom. It was positioned over the LCD display and it fit perfectly, or so I thought!

The protector was placed over the display, and I then went to close the LCD display, with no luck. You see, this unit was too thick to allow the display door to close. The best way of describing this piece is clear plastic with a frame around it. The problem is the frame is just high enough to prevent the door from closing! The plastic looked very clear and defect free, but if you can't use it on your camera it is no good to you at all.

My advice is that if you have a digital still camera with an LCD door that swings open, you can't use it!

A camera back with just a screen on the back is fine, but a closing LCD door makes this piece unusable!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easiest Protector to Install Yet, April 1, 2012
Thomas E. Tweedel (Austin, TX United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I got this for my Fuji FX100 and it works quite well. The edges of the protector extend beyond the edges of the screen covering the mounting area. But on the fuji the mounting area is flush with the screen so its all one big happy surface to stick this thing on.

This is a stiff rigid guard made of glass with different coatings on it. The installation instructions are brief, clearly translated from Chinese but adequate because this is the easiest screen protector to install I have ever used.
1) Clean your screen (I used lens cleaning stuff) and turn your camera screen on.
2)You pull the protective tape off both sides.
3) Stick it on.and stick it on. Because its glass, and rigid its easy to line up and drops on with no bubbles, creases, lines or other annoyances. That is all there is to it!

It looks great, is very clear, easy to clean. It doesn't seem to make the screen significantly more or less reflective/glossy.

The only "drawbacks" was mentioned on another review is that it does have a little thickness to it, so for folding articulated screens or super tight skins or cases it might be an issue. Also because it is stiff it might not be suitable for use with touch screen controlled devices, maybe someone else has tried it on one.

So..
Pros
Cheap
Easiest to put on of all protectors
Good light transmission

Cons
Added thickness/stiffness may be an issue for some devices.

Conclusion
Its great, I'll be ordering more next time I get something that needs it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost fits Canon T3i, April 14, 2011
I bought this for my Canon T3i/600D and it almost fits perfectly. If you center it, you'll see a mm or two not covered on the sides. The flip screen will still close just fine with it on.

Very easy to install, it just glues on basically. Great deal for what it is. I recommended this to a friend.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT GOOD FOR CANON T3i!!!, July 18, 2011
Don't buy this if you have a Canon T3i/600 D. First of all It doesn't cover the entire screen and secondly you can't close the screen because the screen protector protrudes. DON'T BUY!!!