5.0 out of 5 stars Always wear protection
This shield is made of glass, not plastic film. It can absorb abuse and save your LCD screen.

Clean your LCD well. Then remove the cardboard mask from the shield, revealing the tacky surface around the edges. Line up the unit so that it is perfectly centered over the LDC and press it on. Simple. Takes about one minute.

I am very pleased. All the...
Published on February 7, 2010 by VinylMan

3.0 out of 5 stars Protects the screen well while it lasts. Has issues if you have to remove it.
I purchased it for my Canon XSi - It fits well and protects the screen.
However, I accientally broke the protector so had to remove it. It leaves a lot of sticky residue on the screen which takes too much time to clean. Can it be improved?

Overall, I would have rated the product 4 stars, but for the issue I would give it a 3.
Published on November 10, 2011 by Shalabh Singh

5.0 out of 5 stars Always wear protection, February 7, 2010
This review is from: GGS LCD Protector glass for CANON EOS 450D 500D T1i XSi (Camera)

I am very pleased. All the skin-oil from the nose goes on the shield and not on the LCD. Also, any scratches will be on the shield and not the LCD. I can not detect any degredation in the image view.

I would not think of taking my camera into the field without this shield.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits very well on the T1i, July 18, 2009
the screen fits very well on the T1i. the size is perfect and it is easy to install.It sticks out a little but it doesn't seem to be an issue. The glass looks durable and I don't feel bad anymore to clean the screen with my shirt. I posted pictures so you can see it is much thicker ( and better) than a plastic protector.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Screen Saver, December 31, 2009
This is a great product that has already proven itself to me! I bought one when I got my new DSLR back 6 months ago and while on a trip, my screen must have gotten impacted and instead of my new camera being broken this protector cracked instead (it is glass after all). No damage whatsoever to my camera. So I bought this second one to continue my protection (while at the same time being even more careful with my camera handling!). It is very clear and you can easily forget that it isn't part of the camera's LCD as there are no air bubbles like the flexible films. I will say, however, that it is a bit hard to remove all the glue when I was replacing the broken one. But a little isopropyl alcohol and diligence/patience and it was well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon LCD Optical Glass Screen Protector, March 6, 2010
The LCD glass protector is worth its weight in gold. Recently my Canon XT1 was lying on the back seat during a wildlife shoot. I had to make a sudden, hard stop and the camera tumbled off of the seat onto the floor with a heavy 100-400 lens attached to it. The camera must have landed on the LCD screen because when I inspected it for damage the camera screen was broken and the edges were chipped off.

I thought the damage was to the Canon's LCD screen but when I pulled the GGS DSLR Optical Glass Screen Protector off the LCD did not have a single mark on it. The glass screen protector had taken the impact and saved the Canon's LCD screen. Maybe this was because it sticks out just the thickness of a playing card or maybe because the self-adhering tape on the optcal glass protector held it in place during the fall.

Whatever the reason I immediately replaced the GGS DSLR Optical Glass Screen Protector with a new one. I would rather replace these all day than to have to send my new Canon XT1 to be repaired.

Also, I will never, ever place my camera on the seat again! Further, the Canon XT1 and the Canon 100-400MM lens were both still working very well! This demonstrates the durability of the Canon line of cameras and lens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, built like a tank., December 15, 2008
Rubin Abdi (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Note: For the Canon XSi (450D), there's no status LED display. The photo for this product shows two screen protectors, one for the LCD and one for the LED. If you order this for the XSi you're only going to get an LCD protector as you don't have an LED to worry about.

The thing is more or less glass with a border of sticky stuff. I've had it on my camera for almost a month now and have been unable to make a mark on it. Pretty happy.

The only down side to it is it sticks out a bit away from the camera. I could see it getting ripped off the screen at some point in time, but there isn't much one could do about this issue as the glass for the screen its self is rather flush with the case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great accessory, November 16, 2008
Loren S. Fiedler (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
For ten bucks, you get a little peace of mind without sacrificing your LCD display's optics. Installs in seconds and no bubbles like you might get with film-type screen protectors. There's no obstruction of the display. The adhesive is a 2mm strip around the outer edges of the screen. It remains to be seen whether claims of easy removal, reusability and no marring from the adhesive are true, but of course I'm hoping not to find out. You get a more rigid and seemingly durable shield (again, with better optics). Aesthetically, it looks like it belongs on the camera and it cleans up as easily as the original screen does. Considering I spent over half a grand for the camera, the extra $5 or so over the cost of a cheaper screen protector is a non-issue for me. Well worth it, in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon T1i Screen Protector, June 2, 2009
T. Allen (Brooklyn, NY) - See all my reviews
The product arrived as promised in great condition and protective packaging. Although is was originally designed for the Canon 450, it fits the T1i perfectly, as they have the same size screen. It looks like it is part of the camera, and does take away from the look of your new Canon. Enjoy it, works as intended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always use Protection, May 16, 2010
G Young (Shingle Springs, CA United States) - See all my reviews
The 3" LCD screen on my Canon Rebel XSi always seemed a bit open to scratches and soiling that would need cleaning which in turn might scratch the surface, so I bought This Optical Glass Screen Protector by GGS. It was very easy to install and fit the LCD size perfectly. I took my time adhering it as the instructions did say that it would be hard to move it after it is attached. It seems completely transparent in that It doesn't darken the LCD screen at all. and it seems quite durable. I feel much relieved that my LCD screen is now completely protected from soiling or damage. Nice product and you really can't tell that it is there!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, August 7, 2009
Great product, best way to protect your screen, super quality, only enhances the looks of your camera. Super fast shipping, excellent price. Can be a little aggravating replacing a broken screen protector. Takes some effort to remove the sticky stuff (like removing a sticky price tag). Still the best way to go.

5.0 out of 5 stars lcd protector, April 25, 2010
Well you pay over $500 for a camera ,so protect it's LCD screen for just $20. The glass protector is easy to install and remove if need be. Be sure that the screen and protector are clean for the install. Never use canned air on any part of your camera. NEVER!