Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 26, 2014
I'm on my second pair of these boots. The first pair lasted 3 years. The tops still looked good but the soles were so thin I could feel everything I was stepping on. They have a lot of toe room but my foot doesn't slide around in them. There is one problem with them, the smell. OMG it's like they were dipped in gasoline and wrapped in plastic to hold in the smell. I've tried washing them with dish soap, setting them in the sun and I've ridden my motorcycle to try to blow the smell away. It isn't working. I think they'll have to sit for a few months before they are wearable. The smell makes my husband nauseous. I got him a pair too, same bad smell. My first pair smelled but not like this. I hope they air out I love to wear these. Might by another pair so they will be ready to wear in three years when I have to replace these ones.
*UPDATE*
Three months later - I've let them sit and air out. They are tolerable to wear if I am in a well ventilated area. My husband won't ride in the car with me if I'm wearing them. But it's getting better.

*UPDATE*
I have been wearing these boots for three months. Mostly every day. I'm not on my feet a lot but I work in a building with concrete floors. I also ride a motorcycle most days but I don't drag my feet at stops or anything. The soles of these boots are nearly worn out already. Under the balls of my feet the boots are flat and thin. I had my last pair three years and I don't think these will make 4 months. I think I'm going to go back to Doc Martins and just pay more to get something that will stand up to life.
on October 14, 2014
I should have heeded the warning of the lower ratings from other people. My bad! I ordered the next size lower as advertised and they fit fine. The problem was the heel construction of the right boot. It just looked...off, for lack of a better term. Put the boots on to walk around for a test run. Took 3 steps and the heel began to immediately separate from the upper. I would not recommend looking at these boots as an alternative to
the real thing. Oh ya, and they stink too. Smells like typical petroleum based rubber products from China.
on September 23, 2014
Had them for 3 weeks, glue separated from the heel to the main construction of the boot on both boots, very dissatisfied with overall quality, my original pair from 70 lasted 2 damn yrs, before anything even LOOKED like it was starting to wear.
on June 26, 2015
I bought these boots when another living historian asked me to be part of the 101st Air Assault Division's Fire Support Base Ripcord in the A Shau Valley in 1969.

I was hoping that these would be at least nearly as good as in quality as the ones that I bought at a camping gear store outside Gate 5 at Ft. Gordon, GA back in 1986 and wore for the next seven years in the Army and for many years after until I lost them during moving to a new home in 2000 or 2003. These cost the same as that previous pair, but the same price 29 years later means the newer ones are actually a lot cheaper, so of course, they're going to be made cheaper, too. I wore this pair about a half-dozen times before one of the eyes came out. I'll just have to leave them in the closet except when I am part of a Vietnam War living history exhibit one day each year. That's the main reason I bought them. If I wanted to wear them for hiking and other things like my old pair, I would have spent more money and bought American-made boots.

The size is good, but the tops kind of crease across the boots halfway between the toe and the bottom of the laces and push down on my feet when I walk.
on March 18, 2015
I believe that there are bogus knock-offs, third parties, and used boots from people saying they are new messing up the REAL boots reviews since Ive read them all and see the trend and where it leads to. All I know is I just recieved my boots today, Fast shipping thank you, and wore them all day w/o any feet hurting or soles falling off eyelets popping off what have you! After the full use of a day in these boots I pulled them off and my feet were not totally hurting. I would still say, YES put in a size 12 gel insole! YES buy a size smaller as the 11 is the 12! And last and really the least of my worries, YES they do smell like kerosene and that is ok its not that bad really!! These are quality boots for the least expense and I dont have a bad thing to say about them at all so Do your due diligence and make sure you are buying the Rothco brand FROM ROTHCO and you too will be excitedly surprised at how well the purchase turned out to be and just how quick Amazon will get them into your hands and onto your feet. GREAT BOOT, GREAT STYLE, GREAT PRICE, GREAT SHIPPING Four greats equal a purchase in my book!!
on August 15, 2015
I've worn Jungle boots for 40 years (not the same pair). These are a little flimsy compared to issue boots. They quit putting in a lot of tread in the center of the boot so they are thin in the center where the steel shank is supposed to be.

To make these usable,
1. Put on 72 inch laces so you can let the seam in or out as needed without unlacing the boot each time you take it on or off.
2. Put in some jell soles in them and on top of the jell soles a standard insert or arch support.
3. Cover the leather in oil or saddle soap so that the leather becomes flexible.
4. BREAK THEM IN by wearing them awhile each day until they conform to your feet.
Overall they cut some corners in building these, but for the price they work ok.
on August 16, 2013
I work in a country bar as a bouncer.. I need tough boots and I've worn this style in the past. They got here on time and I wear them 3-4 nights a week... So far so good, beats wearing cowboy boots
on May 15, 2015
Firstly, pay attention to the Product Description. I ordered size 11 initially and they were huge. Dialed back to a 10 and those will be good with what I'll be wearing (heavy wool socks). Highly recommended to purchase one size smaller than you normally take.

Next main issue is the smell, yes, the smell. I have them outgassing in my garage right now. They smell like mothballs, and not just a hint of mothball, an incredible overpowering odor of mothball. When my child walks into our garage and says "why does it smell like mothballs in here," that tells you how strong it is.

Thirdly, the laces. Picture show them going through all the grommets of the boot. The laces that came with the boot are not long enough to do that and still tie them at the top. I have to skip grommets.

Other than all that, they seem OK. Once I take them out for a week of Northern Tier camping/canoeing/portaging, they may gain or lose a star.
on December 1, 2015
I love these boots. I ordered a size lower than usual thanks to reading reviews. I've had no problems out of these boots except they're kind of hard to get on and off, but that's to be expected with tall boots like this. The only reason I give these 4 stars is because they look cheap. I know they are cheap, but they really do LOOK cheap in person.
on June 5, 2016
Bought them for my daughter, she wanted to wear jungle boots with my old uniform she found boxed up in the garage for a history class I was teaching. We try to make history come alive by having people dress in period uniforms. Boots fit great and arrived early and were a bit hit along with my old jungle fatigues with the students. HOOAH!