‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars erythrocyte plush is adorable, November 30, 2011
This review is from: GIANTmicrobes 5"-7" Plush Red Blood Cell (Erythrocyte) Microbe (Toy)
I was in the midst of studying red blood cell disorders when I happened upon a smear and realized how unbelievably cute these cells are - by far the cutest cells in the human body. Of course I head over to Amazon to check out the stuffed animal situation and find this adorable little guy. Can I say it's fun? I mean, it's cute to look at, but I'm an adult and generally do not play with stuffed animals. Would I buy it for potential children? YES. The description it comes with is not just 'dumbed down science', but gives a surprising amount of detail which I love! Have I mentioned how cute it is? It is small relative to other stuffed animals but it sure is the biggest RBC I ever did lay eyes on!

It will be my white elephant christmas gift this year, I'm sad to let this adorableness go.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son sleeps with blood, May 10, 2009
Anne North (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
UPDATE: We were sitting in the lobby of the Pacific Science Center last week. It has big art prints of microbes on the wall. I leaned over and said to my son, "Hey, what's that a picture of?" He responded, totally offhandedly, "Oh that? Iit's an erythrocyte." He's just turned 9. Yay for Giant Microbes

My son (who was born in 2003) has a bunch of giant microbes now. We have the flu, typhoid, polio, fat cells, bed bugs, a red blood cell and a white blood cell. These are fabulous, well constructed educational stuffies. They come with detailed explanations and fantastic pictures of the actual microbes. We've combined these with the Grossology book for a fun, silly educational experience. We have a lot of fun with flu in particular pretending to sneeze and throwing it at each other. The red blood cell is particularly aerodynamic and helps my son understand how blood works and, combined with the lumpy little white blood cell, explain how his blood tries to keep him healthy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, December 8, 2011
Bought these for my son (8) who is so fascinated with science. He loves them, and now wants his own microscope!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gifts, April 1, 2014
I have no complaints about the quality of my purchase. Your plush toys make fantastic gifts for us laboratorians! Keep up the good work!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good conversation starter!, March 30, 2014
It's a little red doughnut! This is a great office mascot for my desk as we look for blood on items, and the reaction to indicate the presence of blood is catalyzed by red blood cells.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift for Science, March 27, 2014
This is a really awesome gift, especially for science majors/graduates etc. I gave this to a close friend who happens to be a Microbiology major, and she fell in love with it, along with other GIANTmicrobes that I've given this her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun little dish or red blood cells, February 10, 2014
There really isn't a lot to say about these. They are pretty self explanatory and great products that look exactly like what they say they are. I'll be buying her more over the years.

4.0 out of 5 stars GIANT Microbes are awesome!, January 20, 2014
I love all the different disease and microbe choices! Fun for gifts and decorating co-workers cubes in the pharma industry!

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable!, November 22, 2013
Bought this for my sister who is a frequent blood donor and she loves it! Every time she goes to donate she takes it with her and all of the phlebotomists gush over how cute it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Giant microbe, October 3, 2013
The product was just as described. The price was good for the product. Very fast shipping! Happy with my purchase. Thank you very much!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›