Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Customer Discussions > What They Always Tell Us forum

GLBTQ YA fiction, snarky narrator?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 2, 2011 12:01:21 AM PDT
I've been racking my brains for the title of one book I'd meant to read some time ago but never got around to, and now I can't remember for the life of me what it is.
-It's a piece of GLBTQ young adult fiction (hence the topic).
-The narrator is male, snarky (and, if I recall, very cynical), and is (I believe) a big city resident.
-The novel is fairly recent, within the last five or so years.
-I'm positive the author is male.
-I think that the cover art was a photograph of someone sitting on a stoop.
-Covers the usual themes (I think): coming out, summer loving, the ins and outs of pubescence.

I most likely found this via the page for Peter Cameron's /Someday This Pain Will Be Useful to You/, which, while wonderful, is not the story I'm describing. (Although cover art bullet aside, I might have just nailed that book in its entirety.)

Fruitlessly scavenger hunting on Amazon will eventually wear you down, so any help would be vastly appreciated!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2011 9:21:54 PM PST
Marc F says:
I'm sure you've probably already found this, but I think that the book you're after is "Leave myself behind" by Bart Yates.

I loved this book, but was a little disappointed with his followup work. I guess I just wanted this story continued.

Marc
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jun 2, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
What They Always Tell Us
What They Always Tell Us by Martin Wilson (Hardcover - August 12, 2008)
4.6 out of 5 stars (58)