1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Table for the Money, take your time putting it together., October 5, 2012
This review is from: GLD Fat Cat Sheffield Foosball Table (Sports)
I'm trying to be realistic when grading this table. Is it the same quality has a more $$$$ table, of course not, so rating this 4 or 5 stars is not the same as rating a more $$$ table 4 or 5 stars! Did I buy this table at Amazon, no, I live out of country and due to weight restrictions, unable to get it mailed. But we use Amazon and lot and we love them.

Instructions:

I was glad I read a few reviews from others regarding putting together these kind of tables. Biggest word of advice I can give is read a bit ahead, as it makes some sense sometimes to install that bolt now, vice a few steps down the road!! One can't just shut their brain off and just follow the instructions step by step--is it that difficult no, I'm a guy and I did it by myself in approx 5 hrs and that included taking my dog for a walk and taking a few breathers.
They take a lot about "pre-drilled holes" well as we all know talk is cheap and in a few instances, there were no pre-drilled holes; AND on the legs, they were in the wrong spots!! 2 of the legs were wrong, while 2 were correct, so I just measured the correct ones and relayed that on to the incorrect ones! Once I realized it was wrong, was an easy fix. One just has to look at the diagrams.
As I mentioned I did this table on my own! Except for 1 part, flipping the table up onto its legs!! I brought in the muscle, my wife!!

The parts are sort of numbered. The # is on a sticker. But if there are 4 of the same part, only 1 will have that sticker
There are no spare parts!! So don't lose any screws!! They come in a big blister pack that is numbered. I had no missing parts.

Table

I must say it is very sturdy!! Yes it is made out of compressed wood (MDF I think what it's called) but it doesn't move!!
Not the biggest fans of the 2 included "soccer balls" Would much prefer a plain old round ball. Not a big deal.

It plays very well. We have only played a few games on it, but it plays just as well as any of the big $$$ foosball tables I have played. The only question is durability, which I will report back on from time to time. The only problem I have had thus far, and it may just may be me (more practice) is that one likes to keep their forward player "up" but in my very limited play, they tend to drift "down" so they interfere with ones long range shots at goal! But over all we are very impressed with how sturdy it feels and the enjoyment we have gotten out of it. When we are playing, the table does not move at all!! So overlooking a few of the mis-drilled holes (or not pre-drilled at all) I still give this table a 4/5--well for now, time will tell if it keeps its score!! And it may lead a harder lifestyle than some tables, as it will be staying outside (under cover) in Managua Nicaragua!!

Helpful Instruction Tips:

* Separate the parts
* Ensure you assemble the table where it is going to be played, as it may not fit through your door
* Check for damaged parts first
* Step 1 (page 8) I was sort of confused,lol So I did step 2 first--Then I attached part #6, then #7(which completed step #1)
* To be able to complete step 2 on my own without any assistance, I used containers to hold up one end as I screwed it down, then attached the other side(part #8)
* Step 4. This is where the holes were missing and drilled incorrectly. Take a look at Step 5 and you see at the bottom, the "wood" from both touch (#1 & #2) and at the top they do not touch!! And the Grey of part #3 faces outward!!
* Step 6: I recommend putting in the 4 screws (part #34) you see in Step 7 first. It's a tight fit to get the bottom two in (well the top when you flip it around,lol) So once you have them in place, then go back to step 6. Finish step 6 and then finish the legs as per step 7
* Since it is going into MDF and not real wood, some screws do not "tighten" but does not seem to be a problem.

CONCLUSION:

It is a very decent table for the $$$, it appears solid and plays as a foosball table should. Only question we have is its durability since it's not made out of solid wood, but again, it's much cheaper than most solid wood tables! So I give it a 4/5 due to missing or incorrect holes which added a bit of frustration to the process, otherwise it s a 5/5 (for now). I believe we will get many hours of entertainment with this table and would recommend it to others. I will report back if we run into any type of problems.

Oct 25 2012
Wife and I have played with a lot and still enjoying it. Everything works as it should. It stays outside in our covered patio. No complaints!

UPDATE: March 01 2013

Still holding up very well, no problems--do not play it a lot!!

GLD Fat Cat Sheffield Foosball Table
$499.99 $361.84
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Rate and Discover Movies