Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now Tikes

on June 28, 2012
First off I should start out by saying that I am very conscious about my teeth, to the point where you could call me "smile obsessed." I have tried a lot of whitening products - in-office whitening, at home custom trays, strips, you name it I've tried it. I also have VERY sensitive teeth. Strips have never worked for me and they actually scare me a bit because I have a friend who was using Crest whitestrips and fell asleep with them on and now all of the nerves in her teeth are completely messed up and she cannot eat anything too hot or too cold (it has been SUCH a fiasco for her). The at home trays are uncomfortable and really messy (the product always gets all over my mouth and onto my gums and The biggest problem for me however, was the immense pain (zingers aaah) I would get from these trays and the gum irritation. The in-office whitening was the absolute worst for me and the pain I would get I couldn't endure (I actually had to stop mid-visit because I couldn't handle the zingers haha and then I swear breathing hurt my teeth for a long time afterwards haha). Furthermore, all of this has been incredibly expensive and clearly not worth the expense. And then I found Glo.
I initially purchased it at Sephora (the no sensitivity, but in-office results really got me). So I went home that day and used the device and to my luck there was NO sensitivity. I used it as directed for five consecutive days (4 8-minute applications and each day I saw results - even after the first day!! I couldn't be happier with the device and I am even happier that I can use it again when I feel my teeth need it. The initial investment is worth it completely because you can use it over and over again and just buy new gel vials. It is less expensive than what my dentist charges for one in-office whitening and you get countless whitenings! Another great thing about it is that you can share the actual device. My boyfriend got so interested in it that I got him a mouth piece and how he shares it with me! It is a great gift (gave it to my mom for mother's day). I am so happy with the product and I truly recommend it.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 11, 2013
Overall, the device worked as advertised, but I didn't see it as being significantly more effective than something like Crest White Strips. The big benefit seems to be 3-5 days versus 7-10 days.

Clear, easy to follow instructions.
No teeth sensitivity after use
Mouthpiece was comfortable. Pretty sturdy.
No problems doing other activities, however, every 8-minutes you do have to re-apply so you are kind of "trapped" into completing the cycle.
The power device held the charge and I was able to complete each treatment easily.
It worked. My teeth were whiter after 5 days.

Gel applicator/brush was kind of hard to use. It snapped out of the tub easily, but it was difficult to know if you are using 1/4 of the material for each 8 minute treatment or if you were getting an even application over your teeth. After two days, you start getting more accurate. Hard to apply to bottom teeth.
Can be a bit messy. After each 8-minute treatment, there is a lot of saliva/gel mixture to spit out.
You definitely have to use the supplied lip balm. If you don't, your lips will get a raw, dehydrated feeling.
on June 30, 2012
Overall- I love this and find it to be incredibly effective. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone- especially those who have had problems with sensitivity before.

Appearance: The device itself is *super* sleek looking- like an Ipod.

The gel states that you get no sensitivity because it stays on your teeth and doesn't get to your gums. Personally, I always have INCREDIBLE sensitivity after any whitening treatment, to the point where it's miserable. I have had none so far with this (I am on my fifth day). They say to store your gels in the fridge and it's a bit cold feeling when I first apply them to my teeth but other than that it's totally comfortable.

The mouthpiece itself is relatively comfortable and easy to keep in without feeling the need to clamp down the entire time (which hurts, especially after 32 minutes). It warms very gently but seals well. Just a note, though, make sure you apply the (included) lip treatment. Not only does it keep any stray gel from damaging your lips but it makes it easier to get your lips around the mouthpiece (a kind of lube).

Most importantly, I have results. My teeth are DEFINITELY whiter. It does caveat that it can only whiten you teeth to the whitest they NATURALLY can get- that is different for everyone. So if your teeth are already super white you may not see an enormous difference. My teeth were, thanks to four years of smoking, still a bit yellow despite my best previous whitening efforts (including strips, trays, pastes, paste additives, and gum) so I have seen a large difference.

Again, I highly recommend this. Five days in my teeth look better than they have since I first started smoking. It is expensive but I am glad I bought it and would buy again.

Just a note- each gel capsule holds four (or more, I can usually get five) treatments, so you get more than it appears for your money with the actual gels.
on July 17, 2014
Last year, I purchased the GLO Science Brilliant Teeth Whitening system from an Amazon seller. Please be aware that the majority of Amazon sellers are not authorized by GLO Science to sell their products. By doing so makes your one year warranty with GLO Science null and void. GLO Science provides a list of the authorized sellers on their website. If you are set on investing money into this product, you are much better off protecting your investment by purchasing it directly from the GLO Science website for the same price as sold by Amazon sellers. By doing so, it ensures that your warranty will be honored for one year from date of purchase. You must also register both the remote and mouth piece separately on the GLO Science website. Personally, I believe the GLO Science Brilliant system is a total waste of money. Approximately, nine months after my initial purchase I spent an additional $135 on boxes of whitening gel, lip balm, and a mouth piece for my husband. When I attempted to use my GLO Science system for the third time, it was dead. So, I got two uses out of it at a cost of $199. My purchase was through an Amazon seller who told me that nothing could be done since my warranty had expired two weeks prior. I later learned that the Amazon seller was not authorized to sell the GLO Science system and my warranty had been null and void from the day I purchased it. So, against my better judgement I just purchased a new remote only from an Amazon seller for $79. Since I already had invested so much money into the extra mouthpiece and expensive gel, I thought it would be worth the $79 investment. I knew that Amazon's return policy would at least cover me for the first 30 days after purchase. GLO Science does not sell the remote only-just an entire new system for another $199. Well, the new GLO Science remote arrived today. Surprise, surprise. Just another defective GLO Science remote which I'm returning tomorrow.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2014
I love this product. After using the Glo system five times I was getting complements in how white my teeth were getting. It's quick and easy! I would recommend this product to anyone. You really get what you pay for.
on July 30, 2015
This product really works. I was hesitant about the cost but I'm so glad I went for it. I had previously tried the syringes of gel that you put in a tray and keep in your mouth several hours (purchased from my dentist), but I found that inconvenient and didn't really see much difference. The GLO product is so much better because it takes only 30 minutes, once a day for 5 days. It was easy to fit into my schedule. My teeth went from dull yellow to bright white. I'm very happy with the results. See my before and after pic! (The remaining bit of yellow is old composite filling that can't be bleached, but my dentist is going to restore it.)
review image
on March 19, 2015
The package should have contain 10 g-vials whitening gel, but this one only had 5! watch out! for the original price of $199, you should got 10 g-vials whitening gel according to GLO science and Sephora. So don't be tricked by them! I think I will return this!
on October 13, 2012
I cannot say enough good things about it! To give some background; I smoke regularly (which I hate to say) and also love my strong Spanish coffee with the consistency of maple syrup, daily. I carry a tooth brush in my purse and brush my teeth throughout the day to make sure I'm not "that girl" with the bad breath. I also go to the dentist twice a year for cleanings to try to counter the effects of my unhealthy habits. So while I am very conscious about my oral healthcare and don't have stained teeth, they definitely were not "pearly" white either. Like a lot of reviews on here, I've also tried many bleaching products. Had custom trays made at my dentists office & tried several different brands of bleaching gels that I purchased at my dentist's office over the past 10 years. All of them made my teeth SO SENSITIVE that just smiling sometimes would give me shooting pains. Not only did it hurt but I felt ridiculous when I had to explain to the person I was talking to why I just reacted like a bee stung me in the middle of a conversation. I also have used the over the counter whitening strips and the Colgate one you paint on your teeth. The sensitivity wasn't as severe, but still there. And to add to it my teeth were never really any whiter! Not that I noticed anyways. Once my dentist fully explained what that pain meant & that the enamel was being stripped from my teeth during the whitening process; I stopped bleaching my teeth entirely. That scared the crap out of me! Apparently you had to compromise having white teeth for unhealthy teeth! What would my teeth be like at 80 years old then?! Which is the main reason I decided to spend the money on Glo, it doesn't strip the enamel off your teeth & therefore there is no sensitivity/pain either.

I also give the Glo system 5 stars for simplicity & ease of use. I will put the little iPod looking dock around my neck, paint the gel on my teeth, pop the tray in and start the 8 minute whitening, then proceed to do the dishes, laundry, play on the computer, etc. The light goes off when the timer ends and I'm on to the next 8 minutes. I also use Glo more frequently than the up keep schedule the user manual recommends & it not only works great, but I have no sensitivity or other negative side effects. I've been using it for about 6 months now and wanted to wait awhile before I posted a review in case there were any negative changes, equipment failures, etc. and I have NOTHING NEGATIVE to say at this time.

Couple of other things I wanted to point out. 1. If you are married/live with someone you can also buy an additional mouth piece (or even use the same one if it doesn't gross you out) and really get a bang for your buck! The initial cost is really the only major expense. The whitening gel that you then purchase is really minimal and I recently have seen it at Sephora as well. I purchased mine on (Home Shopping Network) and saved almost $100. 2. I read some reviews about the individual gel containers being difficult to open & paint on your teeth. Most of those comments were from reviews that were over a year old, so I don't know if they have made improvements on the dispensers since, but I have not had any issues at all. I also originally saw this product being displayed on one of the HSN shows and saw the demo's. I would recommend looking for a quick tutorial on YouTube if you want a frame of reference. I personally, pull my lips aside with one hand and use the other hand to apply the gel. Otherwise I end up getting it on my lips. Common sense, really. 3. Don't expect your teeth to look like Jessica Simpson's or the model on the tooth paste carton. If that's the only thing that is going to satisfy you, go get veneers. But if you want to them NOTICEABLY whiter & brighter without compromising the health & sensitivity of your teeth, this is a beauty must! I would say my teeth are 3-5 shades whiter and have actually been complimented, out of the blue, by both strangers and my friends.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2013
If you are looking for a whitening system you will not be disappointed. It is absolutely worth the money. I had great results.
on April 13, 2015
The GLO teeth Whitening system worked better than I'd even hoped. The instructions were easy to follow. There was minimal tooth sensitivity, something I really had trouble with, when using other whitening products. I'm 60, so my teeth are not like they were when I was young, but the device worked really well on tea and coffee stains. My teeth are much whiter and brighter. I use the device for one 8-minute period every week to maintain the whiteness. The only problem I had with the whole procedure was not using enough of the salve on the inside of my lips. My upper lip was really sore, until I learned to apply the salve more carefully. I am really pleased with this product.