Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
GMAT Math Prep Course
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
* Probably one of the most thorough GMAT quant books though sometimes a tad over the top
* Has good coverage of exotic question types: probability, statistics, combinations, fuctnions, counting, etc
* Questions arranged in Easy, Medium, Hard sections - you can skip right away to the harder questions or vice versa
* Some strategy elements
* Diagnostic test in the book
* Data sufficiency practice (about 100 questions)
* Tons of practice questions and a fair share of hard ones
* Not a book for beginners and assumes familiarity with basic strategies and format of the test; has a potential to frustrate a person who is just getting into it
* 500+ pages - easy to get bogged down and can take quite a while to cover
* Does not point out which items are critical/most important to remember
* Structured in a slightly unorthodox fashion (pretty much starts with symbol-type questions and then jumps to Geometry)
* Does not help spot some of the easier solutions, but instead does a head-on approach (which is probably more reliable, but takes time)
* Has a few sections that may not be very important for the GMAT such as Graphs and Charts
Overall, good 500+ page math book and if nothing else, is a good collection of questions.
Let me know if you have any questions about this book,
BB, GMAT 750
Founder of GMAT Club
WARNING: the Kindle version contains many errors! The errors are OK and you figure them out after reading the problem explanations, but these errors CAN and WILL get frustrating at times. The number of errors greatly decreases towards the middle of the book. I contacted Amazon support about this issue and the support personnel told me that the errors are a publisher issue and that the issue will be escalated. Haven't really heard anything since.
With the above said, I would still highly recommend the book and even the Kindle version (that's what I used). The Kindle version is an absolute joy to use when studying from iPad.
The book's main shortcoming was the lack of tricks and shortcuts. There simply isn't time to fully solve every problem fully on the GMAT and sometimes I knew of easier methods to find the answer quickly with skills I learned with the Kaplan book.
You might find some other well known brands to have more sex appeal and some flashy stuff to turbo charge your skill set. This book on the other hand is basic,honest and offers a very enjoyable learning curve. It will help you to gradually develop your skill set by taking you through easy questions to tough one.
I will strongly recommend this book to anyone out there who fears GMAT quant. You will enjoy this book and build a solid foundation. Its the simplicity and detail of this book that makes it so unique!!
The only other things I could complain about:
1: Some of the difficulty levels seem to be off, with some medium questions being hard and hard questions being painfully easy. I remember one 'very hard' question (Counting section, around 60% of the way through) where if understood weighted averages the only possible way I saw to screw it up would be to accidentally subtract .05 from .55 instead of .5 from .55.
2: The books favors long solution explanations. In a lot of ways, this is an extremely good thing because it's almost impossible to get lost in their explanation. Unfortunately, on the actual test you have time limits so you can't afford to do the extremely drawn out solutions the book favors. I wish they would have occasionally taken the time to show how you would do the problem quickly. A good example of this is 6 & 7 in Sequences.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The paper back version seem to be 2015 edition where as the kindle version seem to be an older edition. Also I saw a lot of comments complaining about issues with kindle version. Read morePublished 19 months ago by vinovator
Take this if u really want to sweat and reach to deep mathematical principles . Not meant for starters , keep it for the endPublished on March 29, 2014 by Vibhor
I wish I would not have purchased the kindle version of this book. It is full of errors, translation problems, and even missing text. Read morePublished on January 18, 2012 by DGlanzrock
Who edits this stuff? Obviously no one because the misprints in this book are horrible. It's difficult enough to go through the different equations and understand the... Read morePublished on December 14, 2011 by Trailride