Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Showing 1-10 of 41 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on September 17, 2010
It's a little guy and you would expect it to be pretty much powerless. Not so says I. It is a god awful silver color and does actually say GMC on it. Putting the UGH in ugly aside for the moment, this thing does exactly what it says it can and does it without waking the neighbors after a midnight paint frenzy. Nah you can't use it to paint a car in an hour but who cares. If you buy this your running small paint jobs, nail guns, brad guns, small to medium air tools along with tire chucks and blowing crap out of a corner that the broom and vac wont reach. It is quiet and goes all day if you need it to. It is medium-small so you can take it with you without to much trouble.
Eat your heart out Briggs. Now if they would paint the ugly duckling black and yellow or blue or, well anything other than stark-blinding silver. Oh I think I should mention to all of you perfectionists out there that the welding points where they attached things to the tank are rough. They didn't grind 'em down to be smooth or look good-thus the silver to cover it all up.
I like it and will buy another when this ones life force blows out.
Thanks for reading.
on August 26, 2011
This is a terrific value for the money. For one thing, it's a twin-cylinder compressor so it fills up its air tank pretty quickly. And boy is it quiet! I live in an apartment building but I have no hesitation at all in using this compressor at all hours, it's so quiet. On the other hand, it does transmit a good bit of vibration to the floor, so if someone lives below you I would recommend setting it on a couple of solid cement blocks as I have done; this dampens the vibration very nicely.

Now it's true (as other reviewers have pointed out) that the construction is somewhat rough-and-ready (big ugly welds) but that does NOT detract from the overall quality, it just means it's not as pretty as it could be. Also, the wheels are not the very best design for mobility, but hey, considering the incredible bang-for-the-buck you're getting, why complain? Besides, just how much are you going to be moving it around anyway?

In addition to its other merits, this little workhorse comes with a combination air regulator/air gauge/moisture trap/quick-disconnect socket. The regulator is adjustable and if you push the cap down, it locks in place so the specific air pressure you want stays the same until you pull up the cap to unlock it again. All the hardware appears to be good solid quality too; it does not give the impression of cheapness. Also included is a 2nd air gauge that tells you what the pressure is in the air tank itself.

I have had five different air compressors over the years and this is definitely the most useful of the bunch. I can't believe what a wonderful bargain this is. Very highly recommended.
on September 3, 2011
I researched compressors for days and was spooked by all the problems people had with various models. When I came across this one and read the four or five reviews that had been posted, along with the specs of the compressor, I decided to give it a try. This is absolutely the quietest compressor I have ever seen, particularly considering how quickly it pressures up the large tank. The on / off switch is very accessible and the unit can easily be moved around. This is a perfect unit to have in a home shop or garage as it won't drive your family or neighbors crazy as you work on projects late. Know that it does not come with a hose or attachments. I bought the 50' Goodyear hose and Ampro accessory kit, which was exactly what I needed. Placing the compressor at the head of my garage, I can reach vehicles parked in front of the garage with ease. Don't scrimp on your air hose and the Goodyear one doesn't fight you ... it just lays down and behaves. My only complaint is that they should include adequate washers to space the wheels away from the axle mounts so the tires do not rub. Before you start to mount the wheels, get at least 3/16" thickness in washers to fit on each axle or you will wish you had. Couldn't be happier with the unit and would recommend it to anyone.
on February 6, 2011
I selected this using because I was looking for something as quiet as possible with decent airflow. I am into racing offroad RC cars and mainly use it for cleaning them in the garage.

Pros:
This unit is so quiet it is really amazing. It used to be that as soon as I turned on power to my old unit my wife would yell at me to turn it off if she was home. The first time I used this one she only came to see what the noise was once I started blowing air. The air makes more noise than the compressor.
If you are looking for an air compressor for light household duty and quiet is important then this is well worth the extra over a unit from the local hardware store.

Cons:
Mounting of wheels not well thought out. They rubbed on the side of the tank and the mounting bracket is not perpindicular to the bolt where the nut sits. A quick trip to OSH for some nylon washers and nyloc nuts and all was OK.

I have used it a number of times now and I am really happy that I took the chance and ordered this unit. Shipping was very fast too.
on January 14, 2012
QUIET!! It is about as loud as the heat pump in your hot tub. Small and portable, one person can easily lift and carry this up and down stairs, in and out of your car trunk, or on the top basement or garage storage shelf to keep out of the way. It looks like only one handle in the picture, but there is one just behind the compressor / motor so you can lift from both ends. Standard 120 VAC 3 prong plug. Fast fill, 120 psi, auto on/off, tank pressure release on bottom, 2.3 cfm at 90 psi. Great for casual home or shop use; car tires, bike tires, pool toys, air nailers, any average compressor need. You need 5 minutes, a phillips screw driver and adjustable wrench for the wheels and floor cushion out of the box. Has a standard quick disconnect to attach an air hose (not included). This looks like a full size compressor in the picture, but is nice and compact.
on January 10, 2012
I use this to coat my air prints with UV shield. I had a Husky compressor that worked pretty well but was terribly noisy. I moved into a new art studio and couldn't torture my neighbors with the husky. This is incredibly silent compared to my Husky. The only thing you have to put together are the wheels but the manual sucks. Good thing you don't really need it. I love that it had a water filter built in, that the tank was pretty large for my purposes and that it had two pressure gauges. One for tank pressure and one for hose pressure. It took me a while to purchase this because I didn't really believe it was a quiet as advertised, and the look of the thing with the GMC sticker looks so random. I am very pleased.
on March 28, 2012
I read all eleven reviews and researched compressors for weeks until I finally decided to get this one. When people said it was really quite I thought okay so no ear plugs. I bought a 50' hose to stretch from the garage to my boat and could not tell if the compressor was running from that distance. I have a very small portable(dc)compressor that is easily twice as loud. And ditto on shims for the wheels(knew this going in but still a manufacturers oversight that should be corrected)
on October 14, 2010
I've owned many compressors, and I've been looking for a quiet compressor without compromising power. I wish I had known about this one sooner. This is absolutely the quietest compressor I've ever seen. I don't have decibel numbers, but it is about as loud as someone talking in a normal voice. I bought this for my lab at work, and I plan on getting one for home use as well.
on July 9, 2011
I tried so many others that I ended up having to take back because of how loud they were. This is the first one I am keeping! Works great, works quietly. If you were searching for a well built quiet compressor this is it.
on March 8, 2012
I have only used it for a week but so far its ultra quiet. I live in a townhouse and my circular saw is louder than this item. If you need something for a quiet space this is perfect. No assembly but that wheels that take 3 minutes. Very easy. Never had to oil it. I have had for over a year. Might use every two months for a one week project then back to storage no problems.