5.0 out of 5 stars MONSANTO IS MOST EVIL CORPORATION ON PLANET EARTH
Published 6 months ago by Kirk Hermsen

2.0 out of 5 stars Missed the mark, nothing new, no real data
I am totally opposed to GM Foods. In fact if your going to Genetically Modifiy something, why can't they just genetically modify the weeds so the weed has the poison in it and not the food, so that the seed can't reproduce, is dwarfed, and dies prematurely and makes excellent fertilizer??? Instead of putting poison into the food, put it in the weeds...

About...
Published 2 months ago by Tribulation Exodus

5.0 out of 5 stars MONSANTO IS MOST EVIL CORPORATION ON PLANET EARTH, July 24, 2014
This review is from: GMO OMG (DVD)
Yep known this for awhile now. I personally did my own experiment. I have not been able to drink milk and eat most dairy since about 1999 or 2000. I recently bought some organic milk because I use to drink a lot of milk as a kid and teenager and then all of the sudden I can't drink it anymore. I asked myself what is going on? I said either I changed or the food has. Well the food has changed. I bought some organic milk and to my surprise no stomach issues. Bought some organic ice cream which is almost impossible to find and still no issues. Thank you GMO's for making me really sick. Thank you MONSANTO for being the most evil corporation on planet earth and making me real sick as well. If the people demand it and make a bigger market for it ORGANICS will grow. The people have to get educated first. If you don't want organic I certainly understand but at least label our food as GMO if it contains GMO's! The rest of us should be able to choose.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Big Picture...... keeps ..., July 29, 2014
The Big Picture...

...keeps getting bigger and bigger as increasingly more major corporations begin sticking their tentacles into "our food." Note that one has to put the term "our food" in quotations for two reasons: 1) the food we eat, from planting, growth, harvesting and preparation, is no longer truly ours; and 2) it is only for the sake of convenience that we refer to the chemical, pesticide and alien gene laden concoction offered the American people as "food." It is precisely the focus on the bigger picture, shown to us as Jeremy Seifert, the film's creator, discovers it that sets this documentary apart from others such as "Genetic Roulette" by Jeremy Smith and even Marie-Monique Robin's "The World According to Monsanto.".

Where "Genetic Roulette" depicts in greater detail the host of illnesses at least tentatively traceable to GMO, "GMO OMG" presents a more socio-economic view. It shows the inextricable synergy between the chemical giants and the seed conglomerates. The more ingrained in the world's agriculture GMO's become, the more - not less but more - dependent on pesticides and chemical fertilizers they become. This is also one of the major themes of "The World According to Monsanto," as is the revolving door between Monsanto and the USDA and FDA.

And to even a greater extent than either of the other two GMO films, "GMO OMG" gives the lie to the corporate red herring that only GMO's can feed the world's people. More than one study - and one of the studies a three decade long study - shows GMO's and organic crops running neck to neck in quantity; and shows organic crops far more sustainable over time. Organic crops are hardier and do not deplete the soil to the extent GMO crops do.

Another thing this documentary does - and does through the almost continual presence of Jeremy Seifert's three young children - is to show what a monumental task it would be to wean people off GMO based foods. His kids balk time and again at being denied treats virtually everyone in American takes for granted: candy, cakes, ice cream, and so forth. So while there is understandably a push for organic foods, Mr Seifert does not offer platitudes about how we must at once switch from GMO to organic. He sees - and shows us - through his own family how difficult it would be.

He shows us also that at least some changes, however minor, can occur even involving the giant food producers. Whereas in the USA Heinz ketchup uses corn syrup, the same product manufactured to conform to German regulations uses sugar. So it can be done, however gradually.

Mr Seifert interviews Professor Gilles-Eric Seralini, whose study of GMO effects on rats shows a distinct link with tumors the longer the rats are exposed to GMO's. One of the French journals that published Seralini's findings later decided to remove his work from its pages. This happened shortly after a former Monsanto employee was hired by the journal as an editor. Undoubtedly a pure coincidence.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I could get everyone to watch this video, July 22, 2014
This review is from: GMO OMG (DVD)
Excellent documentary to suggest next time someone says they don't know what GMOs are. A few scenes are a bit hokey but this dvd is loaded with good info. I'm buying a copy for my organic gardening class so I can share it.
And next time someone tells you that organics won't feed the world, you can tell them we already produce twice as much food as we need on this planet. The problem is politics that keeps people hungry. And organics actually produce MORE food longterm than chemical production. Refer people to the Rodale Institute and 30 years of studies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Should be seen by every human on the planet BUT, there is a lot more to the story., July 25, 2014
This review is from: GMO OMG (Amazon Instant Video)
I give this movie 5 stars for 2 basic reasons, The thoughtfulness and philosophy it expresses. And it serves as as a well presented general introduction to the issue for those unfamiliar with it. I believe every person on the planet should view it,

But there are now other films available that explore the harmful effects of this blight upon the Earth that include results of peer-reviewed and other tests showing the extremely serious impact on the health of animals and potentially on human organs and life processes as well as the massive financial damage it is doing to the family farmer by the mean-spirited,incredibly aggressive, unjust pursuit of patent protection followed by Monsanto's minions with devastating financial impacts on persons such as farmers who did no more than have farms located near other farms using Monsanto seeds and other products, whose plants and thereby their seeds contaminated by Monsanto's profit driven development of products that threaten the very existence of all life on earth.

Could we have expected anything less than a company that had Donald Rumsfeld push through the approval by the FDA of Aspartame, over the objections of the FDA's own studies showing its potential for human damage.

I am well aware over the arguments of food safety vs.the ability to feed the exponentially growing world population, but I side with quality of life rather with quantity and with good over evil empowered by political/monetary clout.

4.0 out of 5 stars I highly recommend it., July 30, 2014
While not as hard hitting as some of the other films I've seen on the subject, this one treats it very gently and yet is clear about the dangers of GMO's in our lives. I highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars It is a good beginner movie dealing with the horrors of the GMO ..., July 24, 2014
Jennifer Price (Hampton, Virginia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GMO OMG (Amazon Instant Video)
Very Informative Movie. However, It is a good beginner movie dealing with the horrors of the GMO food industry. I enjoyed Genetic Roulette much more.

5.0 out of 5 stars I HATE MONSANTO!, July 22, 2014
This review is from: GMO OMG (Amazon Instant Video)
Just Truth about all of MONSANTO! I HATE MONSANTO!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Missed the mark, nothing new, no real data, November 13, 2014
This review is from: GMO OMG (Amazon Instant Video)

About this documentary, people are tired and leery of empty evangelistic documentaries that rely far more on sensationalism and have little to no data or facts. There are many good introduction to the dangers of GMO documentaries that have already come out. This documentary has nothing new, nothing compelling, nothing to further the cause so that we can make steps in catching up with the rest of the world to ban or at least label the dangers in these foods; especially the dangers for children.

3.0 out of 5 stars but does have some good info., September 12, 2014
This review is from: GMO OMG (DVD)
Too much stuff about the guy's cute little kids, but does have some good info.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Documentary has a lot of useful information, August 19, 2014
This review is from: GMO OMG (Amazon Instant Video)
Good Documentary has a lot of useful information, however like most documentaries the director/producer goes to the extreme to get his point across. Put it this way, any business headquarters that you show up to including the one that you currently work for with out an appointment, and it doesn't matter what questions you are asking, they will turn you away. Its called "Professionalism". If that company doesn't want to schedule an appointment they don't have to, that is their right. Just like its the right of any business to refuse service to any one that walks in the door. The one thing that really caught my eye is the part where they have to wear HAZMAT suits to run through a cornfield. I was raised on a farm, I did de-tasseling, GMO or no GMO, there is nothing that the corn is putting off that will warrant the wearing of a HAZMAT suit. With that said the most dangerous thing in a cornfield is actually the dirt. Sounds odd right, how could "dirt" something that we used to roll around in and play in be dangerous. This is because most farmers use manure which is animal s*** to fertilize their fields. Its some of the best fertilizer money can buy, ask any farmer. Now I don't know about you but I personally don't like to roll around in animal s***. Hence why I see it as dangerous or unclean. But hey, everyone has their views and opinions on what is and isn't dangerous.
Either way its a good documentary the information is always nice to add to my knowledge of what things are. Just remember when you start seeing the extreme stuff. Like all the questions about "do you know if that has GMOs" or "Do you know what a GMO is" most people don't have a clue what that is, or if its in their foods. They even state that it is cost prohibitive for a company to go out of their way to see if such and such is GMO or not. He even says it himself, a company is there to make money. That is what companies do. Now is Patenting GMOs wrong, yes. To change that send petitions to the government to have them write legislation so that those patents can't carry over onto harvested seeds.

GMO OMG