4.0 out of 5 stars Fits like a glove, but will smell weird for some time.
Published 2 months ago by Timothy Shao

2.0 out of 5 stars gives off terrible chemical odor
Be forewarned- this sleeve gives off a very strong and unpleasant chemical odor that takes weeks to dissipate.

Published 11 months ago by George Munson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars gives off terrible chemical odor, January 2, 2014
George Munson (Aventura, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GMYLE Deep Purple Lycra Soft Sleeve Bag For MacBook Pro 13.3 inch (Personal Computers)

This product works as advertised- a simple sleeve that offers some protection for a notebook. However I was hit by a really bad chemical odor upon unwrapping the sleeve from its plastic bag. I do not consider myself particularly sensitive to such things but the smell was really overwhelming- I could not even keep it in the house. Running it through the washer did not help so I left the sleeve hanging outside for a few weeks. Over time the odor gradually dissipated and is now essentially gone; or at least tolerable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits like a glove, but will smell weird for some time., September 6, 2014
I bought the black version of this case for my late 2014 Macbook Pro Retina, and I am very happy with it! It fits like a glove, protecting my computer well for transport in a bookbag. I docked one point off because the case has a pretty weird smell to it - this happened on the last case of this kind that I bought also, but after some time the odor went away, and I'm sure it will go away on this one eventually too. For the price, it's great, and I love it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Smell like gasoline . Odor won't go away, October 10, 2014
The sleeve looks pretty , but it's smell so so bad . I bought almost 3 weeks ago and have not use it once . It's smell so so bad that I cannot stand it . I don't know what it's made of , but i think it's from something that's harmful to out health . I'm planning to throw it away since someone posted that returning this product is a headache . DO NOT BUY IT . Smell worse than gasoline this sleeve .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, January 31, 2014
Love this case! I use a hard plastic case on my macbook pro , but it's nice to be able to keep the plastic one on and use this gushy soft one around that too. Fits perfectly, great buy for the money and you can throw it in the washer if it gets dirty.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a satisfied customer., December 1, 2013
Barely fits on computer and very difficult to take on and off because it is so tight. Also making a return with this company has been nothing but difficult. Not a satisfied customer.

4.0 out of 5 stars issue with trim unraveling, but overall I like it, November 10, 2014
It's a very cute case and fits my 2013 Macbook Pro Retina 15-inch like a glove. I love the color. The case did arrive with a chemical smell. It gave me a headache. Spray some Febreze on it, set it outside for a few hours, and the smell will dissipate.

The grey trim on the case started unraveling within two weeks of purchase, however. It was not tight stitching to begin with. Despite this, the case holds up.

5.0 out of 5 stars The color is nice. It fits perfectly, October 11, 2014
The color is nice. It fits perfectly. Everyone comments on the snugness but I feel like it should be snug because thats how it should fit just like you wouldn't want a phone case to be loose around the phone. IT DOES GIVE OFF A STRONG ODOR WHEN YOU FIRST OPEN IT but i just stuck it in the bathroom so when my family would take showers the steam would get to it and the odor went away in around 2 days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, June 24, 2014
I have a new Macbook air. bought 6/15/14, Nice tight fit. It is great because you do not want this huge bag to carry a 1lb laptop. The only protection this will provide is scratch resistance while you are carrying it around, if you drop the your Macbook while it is in the case it will do nothing to lessen the damage. Hopefully it will hold up and stay clean.
I will give a updated in a few months on how it long it last.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, June 19, 2014
Really cute and light. Stretches so that when I put a case on my laptop it still fit. Be sure to touch with clean hands because of course lighter colors show dirt easier but that's nobody's fault but my own.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT, June 17, 2014
Very thin and perfect for the macbook air. I needed something to protect my macbook air from trauma/scratches when I put it in my purse and this is perfect. No additional bulk or weight, but protects my computer from keys/pens and anything else I throw in my purse.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›