Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on May 29, 2012
When I purchased the product, it stated it was being sold by Tech Solutions and fulfilled by Amazon. Apparently this is not true, as today when I sought to leave this review, I see the company name is Dan's Natural and Just Products. More importantly, the case received is not at all as pictured. There is no white stitching, the inside is black, not grey, there is no stylus holder and it does not seem to properly hold my iPad 3. The iPad does not "snap" in which makes me believe this is for an iPad 2 not 3. The magnets to put the iPad to sleep-well they worked...intermittently. Sometimes my iPad would sleep when I closed the case, sometimes it wouldn't. Same for waking when I would open it. Worst part is that while the iPad was closed and I was carrying it, you could hear the magnets going on and off. Must be because the elastic band to secure the cover is not very strong and clearly does not keep the cover from shifting back and forth.

Seems like a bait and switch here...do not buy this cover, I will be returning it for sure.
on June 14, 2012
Make sure you buy this case from Ctech, which is also Fulfilled by Amazon.

The things that i was looking for in an ipad case were:

1) A professional looking leather case, which fully protects my New ipad 3.
2) All ports and buttons including the camera should be accessible while my ipad is still in the case.
3) Three built in groves in the case for resting the iPad.
4) A case that is fully functional including the 360-degree rotating feature.
5) A case that has a stylus holder (The stylus comes free with the case--you don't have to buy one--it is the rubber kind of a stylus and not the brush kind, but it still works).
Not that I am a regular user of the stylus, but you never know when it might come handy.
6) A strap, which covers the camera lens when wrapped, around the case.
7) A case that supports the smart cover function: open to wake, close to sleep.
8) A cut at the back, which shows the apple logo at all times.

This case seems to have all of the above mentioned and seems very durable for the price.

The only tiny quibble about this case would be that the ipad seems to fall on its back when placed in the landscape mode, (Horizontal) in the first grove (the outer most grove) when used to type.

I would recommend this to a friend.

BEWARE OF KNOCKOFFS -- DO NOT BUY from Dan's Natural and Just products.
on July 11, 2012
This product lasted only a few weeks, the sides began to shred. Ipods are expensive, so no one was allowed to use this except myself.
I contacted the seller, sent pictures and returned, per the direction from the seller. I never received a replacement and never received
a refund.

It had my return address attached, so if it was lost "somehow", it would have been shipped back to my location. It did not.

Very dissatisfied !
on August 10, 2012
Here is what I ordered. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008023XPO/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

"Technical Details
supports smart cover function: open to wake, close to sleep, designed for the new iPad (ipad 3) & iPad 2
professional and stylish design: black pu leather exterior with white lining; soft microfiber interior lining also has your iPad screen well protected
360 degrees rotating swivel allows the iPad to rotate both vertically and horizontally while in the case
4 stand positions in either portrait or landscape, easy for typing or viewing movies
build in stylus holder, bonus stylus included"

Mine came with no bonus stylus. No Stylus holder, no white stitching... so microfiber lining. I am very disappointed with what was shown versus what was delivered. I am an Amazon Prime member, and not a happy one right now. How can you advertise this and send something so completely different??? This is my first negative experience with Amazon. I wonder if I will hear anything from the seller or Amazon, as making a return does not appear the easiest thing to do in this situation. Bogus.
33 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2012
Some other reviewers mentioned that they thought they received a knock-off of this item, as it did not appear as the picture portrayed it. Because of that, I spent a couple of extra dollars for shipping and ordered my case cover directly from Ctech, and I have the real deal. It matches the picture, with white stitching and an inside gray cover and the free stylus pen. It works as it should, holds the IPad securely in the groove in horizontal mode. It can also be moved into the vertical mode. It can also be used with the case folded back so it is out of the way, if you want it flat in your lap or are holding it with one hand. It is not bulky, but still seems to provide good protection. There is a slight odor when you take it out of it's bag. I don't know how to describe. It is part leather scent and maybe part plastic after being sealed in the plastic bag, but it really doesn't bother me. I believe that will dissipate, and likely I could rush it if I put it outside to air out, but as I sais, not really a problem. It seems like a very nice case and someone looking at it would never know just how inexpensive it really was. By the way, when you close up the case it does put my iPad 3 to sleep.

Update 4/1/13: I have had my cover for three months and I am still very happy. The slight odor did dissipate, and even then I had to put my nose right on it. Buy directly from Ctech and you will be happy.
on April 16, 2012
This case works great with my new 3rd generation iPad. Magnetic on/off works as expected. The part of the case that goes against the screen is very plush and protective. I love the ability to switch between horizontal and vertical viewing. Corners are protected and even the strap that keeps the case closed protects the outer camera lens. This case beats the Targus Versavu in both quality and price.
33 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2012
Like others have written the switch when you shut case is not great, I disabled the feature and just use the switch, no big deal. I have not had issue with it falling down, I like to have it standing in portrait mode while I read the "paper" over breakfast. I do not like the hole in the back that shows the Apple logo only because it feels a little uncomfortable when you are holding it open like a book. Two smooth surfaces would be nicer, why do I need to show off the logo?

Overall good value for the price, holding up fine after a couple of months.
-------------------------------
4+ months later, case is physically holding up well but I find it is leaving wide lines on the screen of the iPad where the protective cover hits the screen, not sure why. I will try adding some material in between when not in use. It is possible it picks up oils from the screen then rubs back on the screen. I just know it is annoying to see anything other than my fingerprints on the screen.
on August 9, 2012
The images of the item clearly show that it has a stylus holder on the front. However, the case that I received does not have a stylus holder. The front is plain black. In addition, other features do not resemble the picture at all. The stitching in the pictures is white. it's black in the item I received. The ridged suede that props up the ipad is gray in the pictures. It's black in the item I received. The description gives no indication that style or colors may vary. But for now I'm not very satisfied customer due to the non resemblance of the actual picture and the odor it comes with. I'm giving this a three star for now I've only got it for a couple of days.
on May 22, 2014
I ordered a 2 identical covers; one for myself and one for my husband. They were shipped as described and were delivered in a timely fashion. The quality control of these 2 covers varies greatly. One cover is a quality item with no defects. The other is not. At first both covers appeared to be flaw free yet after a couple of weeks of use, the one leather cover has noticeable bubbles on the front surface of the cover. In addition, the gray material used on the inside of the cover was not glued properly to the surface so it has bubbled away from the surface hindering the intended functionality of the iPad to be propped up in the middle position causing the iPad to slip out of the groove. I am disappointed in the overall quality and would not order from this seller again.
on May 2, 2013
I've owned the iPad since day one, and have owned the gamut of cases. Trident, Otterbox, Targus, you name it I've used it at some point. This is by far the worst quality and most poorly executed case I've ever experienced. The cradle that holds the iPad itself is very light. While this is great for throwing it in a bag, it does not easily stay upright. The result is, when the iPad is standing in landscape mode touching the upper section of the screen causes it to fall flat on its back.

For example:

Want to open an app located in the top row of your home screen? BAM! The iPad falls.

Tap back or anything in the upper corers? BAM! The iPad falls.

Adjusting volume or clicking the rocker switch? BAM! The iPad falls.

As an added bonus, the smart cover does not close fully, at least on my 3rd generation Wifi model. As a result, every time I move the iPad, the cover shifts slightly, waking my iPad and killing the battery.

In short, do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.