Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now

on July 17, 2013
Well, I am not at par yet...but this book is a tremendous help. I was doing and thinking about golf in so many wrong ways. I have dropped at least ten strokes in 15 days and looking forward to more improvement. Worth every penny so far!
on September 10, 2015
Overall, I think the book is really good; having drills and a timeline are helpful. There are several drills that try to correct the most fundamental flaws of the amateur golfer (like swinging out-to-in for example). There are also several tips on what to look for if you video record your swing - video evidence is pretty tough to argue. Some of the drills are taken from other authors (Dave Pelz short game and putting bibles) which is nice because you are essentially getting an abbreviated version from those experts. I think if one completes the drills in the book the golf scores will drop. The stats that are included are really interesting about how pro golfers compare to amateur golfers.

Do I think one can build a fundamental, ground floor swing using this book? I doubt it. Can one video their swing, correct a flaw and reduce scores? Quite likely. I wish I could say that I am shooting par and that I no longer need the services of my local PGA teaching pro but I can't - it seems that some flaws (at least mine) simply evade detection without a highly trained eye.
on August 19, 2013
I love this book because it really lays out a good approach to improving your game. That being said, forget about 30 days. If you pick one area of your game at a time and work through it you will improve. Just figure on about a year. Love it.
on February 13, 2014
This book was worth the money. It contains drills to enable improvement in all phases of the game. Like any program that requires practice, you need to follow the drills. Not golfing par yet but I'm getting better.
on December 31, 2015
This book has certainly helped. Gives great advice on different types of shots and practice drills to work on. Covers all aspects of the game with great tips to take strokes off. Recommended for beginners and anyone looking to reduce their scores at all levels of play.
on March 28, 2014
The plan is pretty well laid out and the drills are pretty simple to do. My only beef is that to fully and completely work the plan, you need to put the My Pro to Go app on a smart/phone or tablet. I don't have a smartphone or tablet (last person on earth not to?). You can sort of work around that, but it's still a little bit of a bother.

That said, I've been using it for about a month and my swings and contact seem to be a little better.
on June 1, 2013
Nothing new, the information is all drills that are found in most books. Again, there are no secrets to golf, no magic pill or miracle. Do the drills and you may play descent golf, not tour level instruction.
on July 22, 2013
The Par Plan is a simple book to follow and to digest. The charts and PGA Tour averages are very helpful as are the target goal grids for shooting X score. While we see the best of the best each week on TV coming down the stretch, we forget that the "average" tour player isn't Tiger Woods or Phil Mickelson. This book makes progress clear and attainable with great drills and the supporting iPhone app.
on July 9, 2014
We are all looking for that magical tip or tips that make a difference in our Golf game. This short book did that for me. I am not even done with the lessons, and I can honestly say that this book has helped my game in the first two areas that I have applied the lessons and drills. Straight forward and right to the point instruction. May be better suited for people who have played the game rather than beginners.

In the driving section, I am now able to hit a draw that definitely goes further than my normal drive. It is also ideal to have a draw swing when you need it on some holes.

In the short game section, I have been using the "punisher" drill before rounds and even on the course, and this drill has me keeping the club open longer and the results are much better. I still have work to do here, but this is the part of my game where I play horribly. I am slowly gaining confidence and I am now looking forward to playing and improving.

My next area will be putting, and I am hopeful the par plan will help. This book is worth its weight in gold to me.

Lastly, the book is intended to be used over a 30 day period where you do not play golf, only practice. That does not fit my "lifestyle" nor our short golf periods, so I am playing and incorporating 1 or 2 of the books suggestions at a time. It's working for me, but I would think it would be hard for someone to give up playing for 30 days like the book wants.

Bravo to Golf Magazine and GolfTec for this material.
on December 30, 2013
My golf handicap is 12 and bought this book 3 weeks ago.
I bring this book anywhere. I am starting to implement the first part (driving) and it's working great.
What I like in this book is the real "plan" to implement a better swing in every aspect of the game.
We indeed read and watch too many tips/drills with no real plan to follow, this is new, we have a real goal !
Lot of drills and not a "basic" book as sometimes indicated in other reviews.
You can also watch free videos on internet if you want more illustrations, the book is however sufficient to me and very well explained.
You might not be able to implement the whole method in 30 days as this is a really short period except if you can play every day...
I am personally implementing the method on a longer period and I guess that 3/4 months would be reasonable. Enjoy !