Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

on May 23, 2013
I was looking to replace my great sounding but VERY heavy cabinet speakers and receiver/tuner with something smaller. Wanted something that I could easily place up on a shelf and that sounded at least half as decent as my klunky Sansui ones. I found these on sale for $39.99 here and thought I'd take a chance. They were a relatively new item, but...they were covered by Amazon so what could I lose?

When I got the speakers I was very impressed by the sound quality. They had excellent upper, mid-range and wonderful bass response. I think some of the people who said the treble was bad or bass was "muddy" must've gotten a defective pair. I listen to so many different genres of music and they all sound awesome through these. The treble is crisp and clear and the bass booms just right for my taste. Even with the deepest lows the sound doesn't distort at all. I have certain bassy songs that I use as speaker testers and these suckers handled them fine. Just for the record, I'm playing music through my Sansa Clip Plus on the Jazz equalizer preset. That sounds universally the best through most of my speakers. All speakers/sound systems need a particular setting to make them shine the best. These are no different. Just tweak it a bit.

I will mention that I had to send the first set back because the knobs felt a bit loose to me. Might've just been my electronical paranoia. Anyway, got the replacement set and everything was fine in the knob department. Speakers sounded the same as the first pair. No problems there. Both the Accessory Power and Amazon folks were very fast, friendly and helpful with getting things straight.

In closing, I'd say that if you can't afford an overpriced Bose system, these things are a very above average sound alternative. They look pretty cool too. Kinda retroish in a way. Give 'em a try! I'm thrilled with them and am SOOOOO glad to have something smaller in my bedroom. My life feels so much less cluttered now.
on March 21, 2013
I'm a fan of GOgroove products, and just recently got these speakers as a gift from my mom - who is also a fan of this company (not sure if she bought them on Amazon or not). Last month I picked up the new Apple iMac desktop, an Amazon Basics optical drive, cables to hook up to my flatscreen, and Starcraft II. The sound on the computer is great, but doesn't have the rumbling bass that I like when I watch a movie or play a game. The SonaVERSE EQ speakers are perfect because they have bass and treble control knobs and I can really crank the low-end when I need to. Overall the sound quality is great, and the wood housing is a nice touch. I dont think taking the mesh covers off the bottom makes it sound any better, but hey, it looks cool and you can see the drivers really move. For the price they're a great option when compared to some other more well known brands, but that's usually the way it works. I haven't tried plugging in a mic yet, but they've earned my 5 stars on sound quality and value. I'd definitely recommend them.
on May 27, 2013
I love these speakers, they sound really good, and they match the tech equipment in my office...I love this...Thanks, thinking of maybe getting these for my bedroom flat screen and they come with cords so that the hookup is simple...
on June 30, 2013
This pair of speakers produce excellent sound especially their very reasonable price. Use them with an IPOD Nano. They use AC power to operate and will not charge the IPOD but they work great. Recommend this product for its practical purpose.
on July 19, 2013
I purchased these speakers to connect to my Samsung TV. I ended up connecting via the PC audio port, because it seems that if your cable box and tv are connected to each other via HDMI, the TV ignores the speakers and wants to carry audio only via HDMI (the built in tv speakers). You can connect the speakers to the cable box as well, but then you only get speaker sound when using cable television.
Works great. The sound really carries, and I have cathedral ceilings in the living room.
My tv has a built in DVD player, so I am able to play music as well !

I plan on buying the bluetooth adaptor so I can stream music and radio via my laptop/smart phone.
on April 2, 2014
I read the reviews and almost didn't buy these. They are very good speakers. Nice looking and nice sounding. I don't know what those people that wrote negitive reviews were complaining about. Maybe they are just the type of people that have to find somethjing bad to say about everything in their lives. These speakers sound better than some very expensive ones that I had that finally died and they are better than the suround speakers in my living room. I'm thinkning I should order some more but I don't know where to put them!
on May 25, 2013
I bought these speakers for my small living room. I love them! I use them for my iPod and my TV. They put out great sound, and I'm pleasantly surprised with how well they have performed! If you're looking for something with powerful bass and something you can use for a "theater experience," this isn't it, but they are excellent for what I have used them for, and I prefer these speakers over my TV's speakers. It's nice, too, that they are small, so they don't take up much space, which I am lacking. I would definitely recommend these if you just want a nice, simple speaker system!!!
on April 19, 2013
for the price, they sound extremely good!! I've seen more expensive speakers that sound the same. I'm happy with my purchase!!
on October 8, 2014
I bought these for my computer and the sound quality is great. It has volume control bass and treble control buttons to adjust the sound quality. The only problem is that I am unable to spread them out inside the room. They have to stay close together because the wiring is very short. But other than that they are good quality speakers.
on February 28, 2015
These are powerfully amazing little speakers! They are a tad bigger than I was expecting but not too big. Their sound is fabulous and can really fill a room. I got these for my PC and I just have to say they are better than any I've used before.