Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on DOTD

TOP 50 REVIEWERon January 2, 2011
Bought this on impulse from the photos, and don't regret it a bit .

Very aesthetically pleasing - the blue LEDs light up brightly and beautifully. The clear plastic on the speakers adds another sense of sleek style.

Very decent sound - not the best, but for it's price (thirty-five), is very decent. Speakers sound crisp and clear, and sub-woofer is punchy, literally! There is a front-facing canal that will blow the wig off your head if you stay close enough - beware!

Just a minor one - the two speakers are made of light cheap plastic.

Bottom line: if you're looking for an inexpensive 2.1 sound system for your everyday computer/laptop/portable music player/phone use, definitely consider this.

A GREAT college dorm room present!
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2011
This is a wonderful little system. I have hooked it up to an MP3 player and also tried it with my laptop. In both instances the sound was wonderful. It was easy to hook up, in fact I didn't even use the directions. The sound was deep znd rich, with subtle bass provided by the subwoofer. The unit is very compact, but delivers big unit sound. And even more impressive is the relatively low cost of the system. It compares very favorably to systems costing many more times the dollars. A great buy.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2011
I bought this to add to my newly built system. I have nothing negative to say about it so far, only good things!

Why I bought this brand? - I will admit that I was not very sure what I am spending money on when I clicked the One-Click button and made the purchase. Let me emphasize that this was not an impulse buy by any chance, I did research a bit about 2.1 speaker systems and did consider other models, mainly Logitech and Creative, before I bought this! What worried me though was the fact that I had never heard anything about this brand or their reliability, and there was very little information available on the net, which is not a very reassuring sign. But I decided to go with this, mainly because of 2 factors:

1) Aesthetics: My new build has blue led fans all through out - 7 fans on the case and 2 CPU cooler fans! So Blue was definitely the predominant theme on the desk and this added to that very elegantly. So yes the major reason I stumbled upon these and got stuck was because I was searching for speakers with some LED lighting on them. I know it is not a very technical way evaluate a speaker, but who wanted to get technical and spend a bomb on a pair of speakers for your computer - not me! I have a 7.1 home theater set up for serious listening and entertainment, this was majorly for listening to some light music while I worked and for my 2 year old son to watch Thomas (he loves Thomas) and for my amateur movie soundtracks!

2) Price: This definitely is not the cheapest or the costliest out there, computer 2.1 speaker systems can be your from $15 bucks onwards upto around $400. This falls towards the lower mid range when it comes to money, which was okay with me, I was not going to spend more than $50 for a pair of speakers and I could have got a more known brand for that price, but non of those well known brand out there even came close to these beauties in terms of looks and aesthetics! It was between this and Harman Kardon Soundsticks III, if I had got the Harman Kardon for $50 I would have defenitelly bought those! :)

Okay now to the actual product review:

I was pretty surprised when I got the speakers. They were very well packaged and had a cardboard padding around them in the box and the speakers and subwoofer was very well protected! It comes with a 3.5mm cable!

Took them out while my son was playing with the box and got it hooked up in under 5 min, this included some cable management, and referring to the manual once. I had to look at the manual because I could not find where the input jack was to which the speaker cable would connect to on the subwoofer. It looked like a screw hole at the back of the speaker, but it is the input jack (for any one who is as blind as me)!

Hooked the light green 3.5mm cable to connect to the motherboard audio jack, same color (refer you motherboard manual to be sure, if you don't know) and connect the other end to the subwoofer, attach the speaker wires to the subwoofer and plug the power cord into the wall and switch it on. That's it, that is all of the setup required, no CD's to run, no software to download!

Once on you see the true splendor of the blue LED lights, it looks better than in the pictures, it is definitely a good buy if you like LED lighting, if not then don't buy it because there is no way to switch the lights off, it will stay on as long as the speaker is on! I like it that way. The sound is great quality too, exceptional for this price and it plays bass very well as well, you can definitely feel it if you have them on the desk like I do!

They are very stable on the desk, another added plus that I was worried about, I have had speakers in the past which were very wobbly and would tip over with the slightest force like a keyboard touching it! But not this one, they are pretty well designed for stability.

The 4W satellite speakers are excellent for music, I've played all kinds on them, they all sound equally good, as good as you can get on a 2.1 setup, the sound isolation on the left and right is awesome and the drivers do a more than sufficient job. The bass comes from the 9W subwoofer and that is great sounding too. While playing games bombs and gunshots sound very realistic and you have volume and bass controls right on the front panel of the subwoofer!

So overall it provides good value for money and a great looker too. My only wish is that it would have come with a remote control, that would have been great and I wouldn't have to bend and reach every time I wanted to soften the volume or bass a little bit (I place my subwoofer on the shelf under the desk and not on it)! But hey apart from that I was pleasantly surprised with the quality and performance so far, reliability I'm waiting to find out, its only been a week since I started using it, will update this review if something goes wrong, although I have a very strong intuition that this will last long, if I manage to keep it far out of reach from my 2 year old! :)
on May 3, 2012
So I read the reviews, oh yes I've heard this before. But the look size in the blue lighted speakers attracted me. I received my order from Amazon with their usual amazing speed. On opening and unpacking the speaker system got the 1st wow out of me. Couldn't believe how thin the main speakers were. I said no way are these going to produce any sound worth listening to. The subwoofer looked a lot more believable very solidly made and attractive. After hooking it up I played some of my favorite music through it, this time it was like wow wow, I couldn't believe the sound that came out of it. The subwoofer with its control work great as I could get the desired base effect that I wanted. I had just bought a Kindle with text to voice system. Now I use the Gogroove to listen to e-books when in bed. With the adjustments I could get that artificial voice to sound very nice to the ears. I am seriously thinking of replacing my Logitech speaker system, for my compute,r with one of Gogroove bass pulse system even though the Logitech sounds good it does not have the sharpness or the adjustment for bass. For the money is worth every penny of it and I don't think you'll be disappointed but don't expect for it to blow the roof off your house, it is loud enough for the purpose it was meant for.

Just one negative the blue lighted speakers and base unit are quite bright at night. it would be nice to have a dimmer or switch to turn it off as it is almost bright enough to read by, which might be an asset at times. I have it set up right next to my bed and after a few nights it didn't bother me. So I would recommend this speaker system I don't think you will be disappointed.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2011
I dont even know how I stumbled across the BassPulse on amazon. I received a gift certificate as a gift and was just browsing, looking for some cool stuff. I needed some shoes and still had some money left over. The pictures and description of the BassPulse looked like something I could use with my mp3 player (its nice to have something not made just for ipods) and I needed some better speakers for my computer and for the price, I thought I would try it. It really does sound great! I can move it around my house easily because its not very big, but has a BIG bass sound! I just bought my daughter a tv for Christmas and plan on buying her one for her tv.
on May 30, 2012
I included a picture in the photo gallery, and these speakers really do have a lotta kick. I was surprised by the size of them when they came in, maybe I am a terrible judge of size, but I thought they would be way smaller. No problem though - they are a little bigger then the size of a water bottle and it wasn't really an issue for me with what I wanted. They look sick, the blue lights really make them pleasing to sit on the desk, and the black glossy color resembles the color of a PS3 if you have one.

-Visually Pleasing
-Sound Quality
-Color and Size
-Sub / front plate controls

-The jack for the output audio is only good for the wire that they included for just THEIR product. I bought a splitter in attempt to do another set of speakers, but the splitter cable would not fit into the sub. That was the only bummer I found about this.

Buy these, they will make you happy! Great Gift as well.
review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2011
I was very excited to receive this delivers as promised. The sound isn't bust open your brain loud -- but it is decent and good. The blue lights are very wife and I wanted to watch a movie on our laptop, and found we had to put a towel over the speakers so they would be less annoying. For the right setup and need -- the blue lights could be awesome, but it didn't work for me. I wish it had an option that could turn off the lights...
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2012
I got this to compliment my blue theme at my desk. I love some good bass, but don't want to pay for it. This was in my price range and I am not disappointed! It looks great and provides me with the thump thump I wanna hear without overpowering the music. My only complaint is the 'pulse' effect of the speakers. It really doesn't register until the bass is on highest setting. Also, I would have liked a switch to shut off the LED's, but I'm just going to put one in. You can't beat this for the price. I'm no audiophile, but I am a cheapskate, and this is the best sound I've ever gotten from 'affordable' speakers. Definitely recommended!
review image review image review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 25, 2012
This PC sound system was easy to set up and has great sound. The bass is fairly solid. The midrange and highs are clear with good separation. The blue glow from the speakers is a nice touch.

In addition to this BassPulse unit, I have three other workstations set up with different sound systems: The "Logitech S220 2.1 Speaker System with Subwoofer", the "Cyber Acoustics Subwoofer Satellite System (CA-3602)" and the "Genius SW-G2.1 1250 2.1 Speaker System". It's nice to have these for comparison purposes. I always like to understand how a particular item compares to others out there.

First off, it seems to me that the Logitech system generates a much lower volume of sound (but it is also a lower cost system) than the others. The Logitech is not as attractive, either, as any of the other three. In hindsight, I would have opted for another Genius 1250 or BassPulse system instead of the Logitech.

The Cyber Acoustics system is OK, but not my favorite of the four systems. It looks good, has decent sound and does has the convenient on-desk On/Off switch, volume control and headphone and mic inputs. The little on-off switch, though, is so small and light that I had to tape it down to use it (it's awkward and takes two hands to move the power switch or the volume).

My clear favorite of the four sound systems is the Genius 1250. The sound is absolutely great, but the thing that sets the Genius apart is the well-designed, convenient desktop control center with an On/Off switch, Headphone jack, Volume control and Bass adjustment. The BassPulse, by comparison, has NO headphone jack and has the controls contained on the subwoofer itself (under the desk in my case) which makes it a lot less convenient to use. I do not leave the systems powered up (in order to save on electricity), so each time I turn the BassPulse on or off I need to pull it out from under the desk (since the switch is on the REAR of the subwoofer unit) to access the switch.

My comparison ratings are:

Genius SW-G2.1 1250 2.1 Speaker System - 5 Stars (Clear winner)
BassPulse - 4 Star
Cyber Acoustics CA-3602 - 4 Star
Logitech S220 - 3 Star
on February 16, 2011
its perfect, it has great sound quality, it has amazing style and the blue lights are an added bonus to top it all off. the actual speakers are made from plastic but they dont seem cheap or flimsy. i wouldnt suggest moving the sub and speakers around from place to place but if u wanted to it would be very easy because there not that heavy and theres only 3 cords. comes with an instruction manual but its really not needed. plug the subwoofer into the wall, then plug the cord from speakers into the subwoofer, then a cord from the subwoofer plug into a headphone jack. and there all different colors so its very easy. they're very powerful, i play it in my room and u can hear the bass on the other side of the wall from 50ft. away with the door shut and the volume was a little less than half way up. its easy not to disturb anyone with this its just i like playin my music LOUD!! also, They sound amazing when playing rap, hip-hip, rock, and dubstep. i dont really listen to much else but im sure they'd sound the same. so in closing for what ever price ur gunna pay, this is a good system and im very happy i picked this one.