4.0 out of 5 stars Great speaker, great price!
Published 5 months ago by Lance G

I bought this device based on some specific criteria, not to have it mobile and in fact this speaker doesn't have batteries and just the electrical connection. It has a USB charge but is is 1Amp which means it will take longer to charge your cellphone or tablet.

Published 10 months ago by EMONT

2.0 out of 5 stars Good as permanent desktop speaker but not good in sound quality, March 27, 2014
This review is from: GOgroove BlueSYNC MCX Bluetooth Wireless Speaker System with USB Charging & Premium 2.1 Channel Sound - Works with Apple iPhone 6 , Samsung Galaxy S5 , HTC One M8 , LG G3 , OnePlus One and More Smartphones **Bonus Cleaning Cloths** (Electronics)

As a normal speaker for the price is fine, the wood finish is fine and sophisticated, the black cloth in front is really ugly because it is not perfect manufactured and installed into the frame so you will notice some imperfections there.

Constant music sounds fine and it would be the average, but if you use this speaker to listen spoken sessions as Skype or Webex or if you listen podcast that do not have constant sound emision, you will notice some strange noise as a "scratch" or chirp eventually during the playback. I believe this is an issue of the sound levels that the speaker manage through the Bluetooth transmission, it means a cheaper circuit on it. You will not have any kind of issues if you use a Jambox speaker because good quality of circuits on it. Conclusion cheap, good for listen music only (no radio streams with low level of sound or podcast).

4.0 out of 5 stars Great speaker, great price!, August 4, 2014
I'll start by saying this: you will not get a better deal than this speaker at this price point. I have been looking for a while, and I haven't found a nicer speaker, that sounds as great, and is as easy to pair, for twice this price. That said, I'll give you my thoughts on the "good" and my thoughts on the aspects that "could be better". The good: It's a great looking speaker, very sleek and very well made. It sounds great, has plenty of volume, and paired to both my iPhone and MacBook on the first attempt with no issue whatsoever. It even has a USB Port to charge your device while it's playing. What "could be better"? Well, it can't be used without being plugged in because it doesn't store power, but it's too big to really lug around anyway. The USB Port for charging works, but charges very slow (while the speaker is in use, especially). Overall I give this speaker four stars, but at the price I paid for it (around $20) that would jump to 5 stars for sure.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pairs wirelessly with macbook pro, loud sound, not for audiophiles, June 23, 2014
I was looking for a cheap bluetooth speaker to use with my older (2009) macbook pro.

I came across the GoGroove MCX, and it looked like there was about a 50/50 chance it would work. It arrived this past weekend, and it pairs perfectly fine with my macbook pro. It can actually get pretty loud, so it would work for having a small party. It's worth mentioning that the sound is definitely of poor quality. That said, the sound quality is probably fine for 95% of the population.

The full RMS is listed at a whopping 27 watts, which means that these tiny speakers can actually pack a big punch in terms of volume.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for sports!, September 10, 2014
Speaker performs wonderful for my needs listening to sports. Beautiful wood case, heavy, stout construction with it's own power switch and volume controls....very good volume, but remember, this is not a rechargeable, but rather a 120 V unit. USB charger will charge my phone, but not the iPad. Overall, extremely pleased.

3.0 out of 5 stars Set your expectations straight, September 4, 2014
I ordered this wireless speaker based on reading a lot of the existing reviews and was warned that it might have some issues, e.g. the one of loud popping sounds in between songs, tinny sound with no bass, non-reponsive buttons and so on. But for a price tag of roughly two fast food meals and for the purpose of wanting to put it in the garage for some simple background entertainment while working there, I was willing to take the risk.
Bottom line: Yes, negative reviews are correct in pretty much every aspect. Yes, it looks very nice but is still cheaply applied veneer. Yes, its has these annoying pops between songs and cuts of a split second of the next song. Yes, it's still cheap and will be a nice thing for getting Internet radio in my garage - what's not to like about that?
In other words, if you are looking for a great Bluetooth speaker as your main device, this is not it, not even closely. But if this is going to be "just another one" where typical quality aspects are not of major concern, go for it. I just hope it will last a long time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Clean look!!!! low sound quality!! Good for the price!!, July 30, 2014
I just got a replacement two days ago and tried it. The wooden look is clean and fine. The touch sensitive volume control buttons are better than before. Its easier to power it on but when you trying to change the volume, playback stops. The sound quality still has the little issues. It has a 'scratch' sound during playback. However, this speaker can be loud enough for a small party.
In general, the speakers are good for the price you are paying..If you are looking for something affordable and an ok sound quality, go for it. Would I recommend this to a friend? No. I have to point out though that Accessory Power was very considerate in handling my case of which I am grateful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice product from nice people!, July 24, 2014
Very nice product with a clean look and finish. Even though carrier managed to scuff it pretty good, it still could be seen to be something to recommend on something other than just sound, which is surprisingly good for it's size. What was great was the follow up when told of the shipping damage. Needless to say, the vendor was very cool about caring for me and offered their help. Doesn't get better than that...

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the Money., August 7, 2014
This speaker has very good sound. The volume fluctuates between loud and louder on the speaker so controlling it from your bluetooth device would be best. I paid 20 dollars for this speaker and it was worth it. The cons of this speaker are that the range is EXTREMELY short and cuts out when anything obstructs the device, as well as cracking every so often and skipping the first two or so seconds of every song.

2.0 out of 5 stars I only give two stars because I can't even listen ..., August 16, 2014
I only give two stars because I can't even listen to it right now because it won't turn on. I went on YouTube and tried to figure out how to get it to turn on. When you plug it into the wall there is supposed to be a red light on the top power button but mine dosent turn red even when plugged into the wall. I've read the instructions time and time again but it dosent help.

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice and exactly what I was looking for, saved me a ton of $$$, October 4, 2014
very nice and exactly what I was looking for, saved me a ton of $$$
this is such a nice speaker I bought 3 more. lol
I took one to work
I got one in the garage.
I got one in the kitchen.
I got one in my bathroom.
THEY ROCK, any kind of sound you want to put through them.
And I am planning to purchase many more for the perfect Christmas gift