|Brand Name||Accessory Power|
|Item Weight||13.6 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||12.3 x 4.3 x 3.5 inches|
|Item model number||GG-FLEXSMART-SP|
GOgroove FlexSMART SP ADVANCED Car Mount FM Transmitter and Charger for HTC , Samsung , LG , Motorola and More Smartphones and MP3 Devices
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
==== PROS ====
* Works with literally everything. Thanks to the universality of USB and 3.5mm jacks, I dare you to find something that can play the latest Kanye album and doesn't work with this.
* Two USB ports, so you can charge your other devices, as well.
* The neck and pivot joint are flexible enough to accommodate most orientations.
* FM transmission quality is as good as one can expect.
* The display is easy to read.
* The controls are very intuitive.
* You don't lose your station when the unit loses power.
* The grabby arms (I don't remember what the fancy brand name) hold devices very securely.
* The two small tabs that keep the device from slipping out due to gravity can be adjusted easily.
* Includes a 3.5mm cable, a Micro-B plug (e.g. Kindle), and a Mini-B plug (e.g. Blackberry).
==== CONS ====
* The plug is a RIDICULOUSLY tight fit into the jack in my car. This means that I have trouble getting a flush fit, and the plug will lose contact (and thus power) occasionally when I hit a bump in the road. This isn't a big deal if you can leave the unit in, but I take it out every time I park.
* The neck isn't super-flexible.
* People will want to break into my car to steal it.
* No built-in cable management. (Not that I expected it, but it'd have been nice.)
The unit's FM transmitter is similar to most others that I have used. It provides about tape quality sound, and suffers from significant interference in populated areas with radio stations. In rural areas, the interference problem diminishes. There is frequently a hissing noise from this unit, which is most noticeable at high volume or when soft music is playing.
I would not recommend this unit at this price point.
Signal is good and strong, has the USB charging ports with Mini USB cord standard on most Android phones.
My only request for future models would be an on/off button, I have to unplug it every day when I get done using it.
I installed it right away and put my phone on it. It plugs in to the cigarette lighter port and hold up tight. Even with the phone on it with the charging cable connected, it does not budge. It holds the phone snug so I can see the screen easily and charges it to. I didn't get this for the FM transmitter since I have a USB and Aux-In ports in the car but its nice to have just in case.
Now I have this setup just the way I want and I love the button to release the clamps that hold the phone. Only thing is that the clamps block the volume buttons on the phone. Just have to make sure the Vol doesn't decrease.
- Does everything listed in the description (I'm not going to list again).
- You have to really press hard to get it to stay in cigarette lighter (charger).
- The flexible arm has a hard time holding up heavier phones. A large part of the problem is that it won't "lock" into the charger (listed above). The arm just slowly rotates down until the phone is resting on something.
- Must turn up volume really high to hear it. And sound quality is good/average...but that is not the units fault. You should already expect this.
Overall I gave it 4 stars because of the sale price I paid. If I paid the full asking price, I would give it 3 stars.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Unweildy and the FM sound quality was terrible. It also didn't do a great job of holding my phone in place. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Kisu
This does not work as described. I have a larger screen on my phone about 4 inches and this doesn't charge it.. Read morePublished 14 months ago by Amazon Buyer
FM Transmitter received poor reception. I could not enjoy my music because the car mount was flip flopping all over the car.
This is a piece of junk! Do not buy it! Read more
Great idea behind this unit, comes with all necessary cables to connect with various electronic devices. Read morePublished on December 5, 2013 by Mdb
the flex rod was just too stiff. not to mention the bracket for the phone was not designed for a phone with a case on it. this item just wasn't for mePublished on December 3, 2013 by Greg Scott
This broke -- and I mean broke broke, as in fully separated from itself, wires and all -- within less than a year. Absolutely worthless!Published on October 31, 2013 by Thomas X. Keller
This would work if it were redesigned. The weight of my phone caused the part that fits in the power compartment to crack. Read morePublished on August 23, 2013 by Onlythebest
After using this for the last 6 months I've pretty much had enough. It didn't fit very tight in the socket of my Silverado or my Forester when new. Read morePublished on June 20, 2013 by Cotosoti