4,978 Reviews
 (3,131)

This product is an FM transmitter that connects to your Phone via bluetooth, and then transmits the audio to your car stereo through an FM signal. Just the same as other FM transmitters, but using bluetooth connection to your phone rather than a cord.

Setup:
Published on July 7, 2010 by Blu-estLight

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, broke after a month
The quality is terrible. It broke in my car and killed my cigarette lighter. I tried contacting the company and 6 months later, still no response from them. DO NOT BUY, AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
Published on September 26, 2011 by Chris

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked GREAT with Motorola Droid, HTC EVO 4G, iPhone 3GS, HTC Droid Incredible, Blackberry Curve, CLIQ and HTC Hero so far..., July 7, 2010
This review is from: GOgroove FlexSMART X2 Wireless In-Car Bluetooth FM Transmitter with Charging , Music Control , and Hands-Free Calling - Works with iPhone , Samsung , HTC , LG , Sony , Motorola , Nokia & Many More! (Electronics)

Setup:
I take a lot of trips up to Santa Barbara on the weekends and it's about 90 miles away. I use this with my Motorola Droid usually, but also with my friends' phones too. First you just plug the FLEXSMART X2 into the cigarette outlet in your car, and then press the power button. You see the LCD light up and you can adjust the FM station with the twisting knob. Just match the FM station on the FLEXSMART X2 and your car FM radio. To find the best station you can just hold down the twisting knob for a few seconds and it automatically finds a clear station for you. All you have to do to put the FLEXSMART X2 into pairing mode is hold the blue call button for a couple seconds, and then the lights start to flash. Then you go into your bluetooth settings on whatever phone you have and search for FLEXSMART X2 from the list. It usually connects in about 5 seconds. You here two beeps. One thing to notice is that when you want to disconnect one phone and connect a friend's, you have to unpair the 1st phone before connecting the 2nd one.

Sound for Music and Calls:
The sound quality for music seems to be very good. It's way less interference than other FM transmitters, I think it's possibly because there are no wires connecting the phone to the transmitter. Bluetooth music seems to be superior. One thing I did notice was a difference in my sound levels with the bass and treble. I just tweaked the bass and treble levels and got it sounding the way I like. Call quality is different. I can't figure it out...sometimes when I make or receive calls everything is perfect.. then sometimes the person I'm talking to says they can hear their voice echo in the background, BUT they sound fine to me??? It only happens maybe 1 out of 10 times.. but I can't figure out what causes it... maybe a bad cell phone signal I'm not sure. BUt for the most part calls sound good and I like how I can answer and end calls without ever toughing my phone

Controls:
You can answer and end calls by the controls on FLEXSMART X2, and you can even hold down the call button to call the same person you last talked to. The twisting knob is used for fm station tuning. Twsting it will change the FM station by 0.1 with each click. One cool feature is this Auto-Seek that finds clear stations for you. You just hold down the twisting knob and it zooms into a clear station...very cool. Also, the knob controls volume if you click it down just once. It seems like the best sound comes when you turn the FLEXMSART X2 volume up to 30, and then your car radio at about mid level(depending on how loud you like your music). I've noticed by turning up the volume on FLEXSMART X2 first the sound quality is really great. The play, forward and back buttons control your music. These controls worked great on most phones I've tried, but only the play and pause control worked on the iPhone 3GS we used.

Other cool things.....
I noticed that when you leave your phoen bluetooth on, FLEXSMART X2 automatically re-pairs it when you turn your car on. Thats pretty cool. It also comes with 3 usb cables which can charge iPods and almost any cell phone. It has a USB port on the side of it that you connect these cables to, so you could charge your phone or your friend's phone even though your cigarette outlet is being taken up.
The lights are also really cool at night. They go nice with my 2002 Volkswagen console lights. ALSO, you can use this just like any other FM transmitter if you have an iPod or something without bluetooth capability. It has a 3.5mm headphone cord jack and a two-way cable. It's cool that you can use it even with things(mp3 players / laptops) that don't have bluetooth capability.

What a cool product... for sure one of the coolest car audio products I've ever used...hahha and my friends like it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best FM transmitter for my HTC Evo, July 3, 2010
When I got the HTC Evo back at the beginning of June I just went to Wal Mart and picked up an FM transmitter there for 50 dollars, but it would only transmit to the radio but not charge the phone. For anyone who has an Evo, you know that the battery life is not good. Plus it had a so much excess wiring. I returned it and bought this off of amazon and it is amazing. It paired within 10 seconds and transmits with barely noticeable no static, transmits far better than the 50 dollar thing I got from Wal-Mart or the FM transmitter I had for my iphone. I put my phone onto pandora, plug in the charger and set it down and if a song comes up I want to skip, I can just hit the forward button on the flexSmart unit which can be easily adjusted to any position for your hand.

I love this thing, its not obtrusive, theres not a ton of excess wiring, just the gooseneck and if you want to charge it simultaneously you can just plug it into the usb port with the included 6 inch wire or use your own. The calls come in clear and great too, just as good as any bluetooth headset.

I highly recommend this if you dont have an auxiliary port in your car stereo, I was considering getting the gomadic one which is only 5 dollars cheapers, but has so much more wiring and the typical inconvenient control module built into the wiring. I'm really glad I got this one, I'm about to drive from DC to Portland and this thing will make the trip much more bearable and its not an eye sore in the car.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compatible with Android AND iPhone 4!, August 11, 2010
lizzylougirl (bloomington, IL) - See all my reviews
Okay, so maybe everybody knows this, but this isn't just for the Android phone-- it's compatible with the iPhone 4 as well. I wasn't sure of this (I've never really messed with bluetooth before) as they list the FlexSmart on here for the iPhone and the Android phone as separate products. The one listed for the iPhone is actually more money and is not Prime eligible, so I took a chance and just ordered this one. Success, it worked! So if there's anyone out there that's as silly as me wondering hey, will it work for both? The answer is YES. I have an iPhone 4 and my husband has the Samsung Galaxy (an Android phone), and we both connect to it with NO problems whatsoever.

The sound is super crisp. I've had an FM transmitter for my iPod before and not been impressed-- it was static-y and wouldn't hold the signal. But this little gadget really knocked my socks off! Pairing it with 2 different phones was super easy, and the sound quality is terrific. My husband wants one for his truck now. :)

In the item pictures, it only shows the mini & micro USB and audio cords, but this comes with a little package of all the USB cords you'd need for charging if you're a multi-phone family like us (including iPhone/iPod cord). That is REALLY awesome because now I've got ONE device for bluetooth, charging and music! I can get rid of all those other cords! The cord plugs into the USB port and keeps my iPhone charged on long drives. :)

I also plugged my mom's iPhone 3G and my sister's iPhone 3GS into it, paired it using Bluetooth, and it worked flawlessly with those models as well.

I highly recommend this!!

5.0 out of 5 stars GoGroove with IPhone 4s and IPod Touch 4g, March 28, 2012
Let me start by saying i don't usually leave reviews but holy #$&* this is deserves a gadget MVP. I am an audophile and i was ready for disappointment after hooking this thing up given my past experiences with FM transmitters but i instead had an eargasm... twice. Everything from pulling it out of the box to syncing it with both my IPhone and Ipod touch 4g were effortless. The receiver has its own volume adjuster built in which is clutch because it allows you to adjust it up to the highest volume needed to obtain distortion (Bass in my case) free sound. Rest assured that the volume is more then ample for the system in your car. The auto station finder is cool but i found that 106.3 works in MD the best. The connection is better then having a cd in because you can play with 3 different volume limits (device, transmitter and car) and 2 equalizers (device and your car if it doesnt suck) to get the best sound possible. The calls are insanely clear and there is no lag with the signal when switching a song, pausing or answering a call. Its definitely the coolest looking FM transmitter on the market. Its funny because i was going to cancel this order and get the adapter to hook my IPod directly into my 2006 Honda Accord Navi using one of the XM stations for about $150.00 plus installation but boy am i glad i didn't. Oh and very importantly it does support your Ipod sync cable to charge your apple devices!!! I cant say enough good things about this thing.

Overall, if you're like me and you wait for that one review that makes up your mind on whether you're going to get something or not...please let me be as clear as possible...Purchase this or you will regret it. Its very reasonably priced and it does everything you need. I wish i had 3 cars so i could buy 2 more. And if you have an Iphone or anything with bluetooth for that matter and dont have it already integrated into your car, this is the product you need. Heck i might get a GoGroove tattoo i love this thing so much. I might get a second job at the GoGroove factory making these things. Who knows, there's so many options and the night is young.

Buy it. Boom!

Chuck

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly with Samsung Galaxy S3, but needs to be setup right., February 7, 2013
I was very close to throwing this thing away after a couple of days using it with my Samsung Galaxy S3. All I was getting was distorted audio and muddy bass. It sounded a lot better when I connected the aux cable, but you lose the bluebooth calling capability this way and you have to deal with ugly wires in your car.

But after tweaking with the volume controls a bit, it now sounds AMAZING and I could not be happier.

My issue was that I had my phone volume maxed out, which was sending a distorted signal to the GoGroove. After turning my phone volume down to about 70% of max and turning up the car radio volume to compensate, the audio is now crystal clear. Sounds like I'm listening to CDs.

My final setup: Phone volume set to 70% of max. GoGroove volume set to max (30). Radio volume adjusted to my mood. Crystal clear audio!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT PRODUCT!, August 12, 2010
This my quick review, I'll use the given standardized attributes -

Call Quality (4)
- The quality is actually pretty good, but it wasn't 5 stars primarily because the voice volume is considerably lower than the music volume and this is with them set to be even on the phone, it's a big discrepancy in the two volume levels.

Compatibility (5)
- Gave it a 5 for this because I tried it with a bunch of devices and it connected and worked NO PROBLEM! It re-pairs and reconnects effortlessly. It supports all the different pairing modes as advertised and paired with my Android phone I can control the music I play with the easy-to-use buttons.

Setup (5)
- You don't have to be a Techie AT ALL to set this up in under 10 mins (and keep it setup). Pairing was easy, using was easy and intuitive. There is one little issue that I will mention at the end. What Is great is that they provide you ALL the cables you would ever need.

Sound Quality (4)
- The sound quality is pretty okay, but not great.

Music Quality (4)

- I gave this a 4 because the sound quality over bluetooth is noticeably less than when it is connected via cable (not too much of a surprise there). There's almost no bottom-end in the music over Bluetooth.

SUGGESTION to the manufacturers:

I really luv this product. There are two quick suggestions I have -
(1) Improve the quality of the music over Bluetooth (it needs to be able to carry bass).
(2) This next one is concerning the knob. It is very nice in every way, EXCEPT... I suggest to reverse the volume and tuning operations. When you turn the knob it changes the FM frequency (which is not something that you have to do much if at all)... HOWEVER, to adjust the volume (more frequently done) you have to first press the knob and then turn it to adjust. These need to be switched around.

If I discover anything else I will add more.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, broke after a month, September 26, 2011
Chris (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, simply perfect!, February 11, 2011
I wish they would market this product more, I really had to do quite a bit of research for find this gem. And no question about it, this product is a gem! It's called a bluetooth enabled FM transmitter, but that's like describing an Audi S8 as a civilian transport vehicle. There is so much under the hood of this product!

To put it simply, all I wanted was product that would stream music playing on my iPhone through bluetooth to my car's audio system. I own a 1994 Mustang and I was getting tired to hooking into cables when I got into my car, scrolling through my iPhone, and finally playing something. All of that to ultimately repeat the process in reverse when I was ready to leave my car. Most newer vehicles have this feature but I didn't want to spend thousands on a new car, when I had a perfectly good car with one minor tech exception.

This product solved that exception and so much more!

It will allow you to:
- charge your mobile device (not just iPhone)
- send audio to your car via radio transmission (pretty much any frequency you'd like - not just a subset range)
- send audio to your car via auxiliary audio input
- take audio from A2DP bluetooth streaming device
- take audio from an audio input (if you'd like to use your iPod or other device without bluetooth)
- control playback forward, reverse, next track, previous track, play, and pause
- answer a call from your bluetooth phone
- place a call from your bluetooth phone
- use voice command on your bluetooth phone (not sure about other devices, but works great on my iPhone)
- set the volume being sent to your car
- and press a single button on the product to turn it on and off (this is awesome since some cars don't turn off power to devices that are plugged into the car's power port - this means that it'll continue to draw power even after you've removed your car keys - this option eliminates that from happening!!!)

The experience:
Pairing was super easy, pressed and held one button for 5 secondsish on the device, then selected the name on my iPhone and it was done.

Using the features was equally as easy. It was all intuitive and I have yet to even open the manual =)

Sound quality is another shiny plus here. Different genres of music played really well. The sound quality was crisp, no background noise, and powerful enough that I have my stereo volume at a normal listening level which is the same level I have set for listening to CDs, mp3s, etc.

Microphone quality is also great. I'm not sure if the product uses noise canceling technology, but it was surprisingly clear and I didn't need to speak up or change my speech patterns at all.

I'm also really happy with Accessory Genie, their product packaging and shipping were really great. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to nicks and scratches, and they did a great job in not only getting the product on the first day of the delivery range, but also packaging it perfectly.

In retrospect, this review probably sounds like a marketing plug in disguise, but all I can say is I rarely fill out a review beyond "great product" or "needs more work, not happy". I really tip my hat to the engineer that created this little gem =)

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible customer service, August 4, 2011
This broke 6 months after purchase. They outsource their warranty to some rude company that is requiring I spend $15 to have it repaired. That's a warranty? I call that a scam of making bad products and then putting in a cost barrier so that people won't actually use the promised warranty. Buy a Jabra instead, that's a reputable company that stands behind their products.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea, excited when I first used it and then got progressively worse, July 5, 2011
I will try to make this review brief and to the point

Phone: HTC EVO 3d
CAR: 2006 Nissan 350z Stick Shift
Stereo System: Eclipse

Pros:
There is not much to go over here, the flexsmart charges your phone, connects pretty easily to bluetooth, transmits to your stereo via FM channel

Cons:

Sound Quailty:
I have noticed that when I shift gears or when the car is revving high, this causes a faint buzz sound in the audio transmission from my phone to my stereo system. I am not sure why this is happening but I am assuming that something in the engine is interferring with the RF transmission. I have to sometimes change the radio station on the flexsmart to fix this issue.

Build Quality:
The biggest problem I had was that part that connects the mount to the car broke in a few months. The ring that holds the circuit breaker type of device fell off and thus making me lose the circuit breaker and spring that holds the circuitbreaker in. I do not know if I was unlucky, but now I have only the top part of the device without any means of powering it.

All and all, a great concept that could have been executed much better than with this device.

Please note that my review was done after I had used the device for several months. I loved it the first few weeks I got it, which is what I am assuming when most reviews are written.