1,318 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't know speakers this small and amazing existed!
This product is insane. It weighs just over a pound, yet has two powerful speakers and even is able to make it boom at the beach-it was charged straight out of the box, so that was the first place I went. All this on a rechargeable battery that lasts at least 4 hours near max (from what I've experienced).
The volume control is very smooth and the rest of the unit is...
Published on July 24, 2012 by Mike5Coat

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound for the size and price but poor mechanicals
Published 21 months ago by Cameron

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't know speakers this small and amazing existed!, July 24, 2012
This review is from: GOgroove SonaVERSE BX Portable Stereo Speaker System w/ Rechargeable Battery & 3.5mm Aux Port - Works With Apple , Samsung , HTC , Sony and More Smartphones , Tablets , MP3 Players , Laptops & More Devices (Personal Computers)
The volume control is very smooth and the rest of the unit is super easy to use. Load up a few hundred songs on a flashdrive or memory card, and you can play/pause/skip/previous right next to the volume control. In addition to the awesome effect it simply has, the LEDs are a battery indicator, and will dim or slowly pulse when low.
One more awesome feature is it will charge your phone if you connect it via USB (however, because this is very hard on a small battery charging a bigger one [i.e. your phone's], this is better if the Sonawave is plugged in itself.)
I ended up finding this on eBay for $20 and free shipping from a very reputable seller, but $25 is great sale price, too.
BOTTOM LINE: BUY THIS THING! I have plenty of portable speaker systems already, but this easily trumps them all. I'm just blown away by it. Cheers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic Speaker, July 1, 2012
Beyond the totally awesome look that this speaker has, and the fact that it is portable AND rechargable... this speaker has sooo many impressive features. First off, I was able to play it outside for four hours straight without having to recharge it. I normally just use the 3.5mm cord to play music off my iPod, but I tried playing music off a flashdrive just to see how it worked, and it didn't disappoint. This speaker has great range and is extremely versatile, making it an excellent accessory to have, whether you like to party or just relax outside. Two thumbs way up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Customer Service, March 11, 2013
I ordered two of these and one had a product defect. I just wanted to let everyone know that the product support from Accessory Power was fantastic. I like the sound of the speakers too!

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound for the size and price but poor mechanicals, March 16, 2013
This thing sounds great for its size, better than typical PC speakers. The drivers are 1.5 inches across and the magnets behind them are almost that big. The speaker enclosure is decent quality particle board, not plastic. I really like the traditional analog volume control. (Up and down buttons suck.) I used the 3.5 mm "aux" analog stereo input jack. The first time I tugged on the patch cord, the connector inside the cube cracked loose from the PC board and it stopped working. If I'd gotten it replaced it would still have a weak link connector, so I took it apart to repair it. The connectors are all surface mounted and the audio connector has no extra pads or tabs for mechanical stability. The other three connectors are better. Should have used a through hole audio jack. There's a fourth pin on the connector to detect a plug, so it may be hard to find a proper replacement. I'll update this review if I get that far. I'd recommend this thing for its size, sound quality, and function. But beware the audio input jack is *very* delicate. Use just enough force to insert and remove your patch cord. Don't put *any* strain on the cord when it's plugged in there. I should also note the volume control knob is loose on the control shaft, so they glued it there. What a shame to wrap a state of the art lithium battery, surprisingly good speakers, and all that fancy silicon in such poor mechanical finish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough, sturdy, October 27, 2012
Been playing more than three hours and still going strong. And, I just dropped it five feet onto concrete (not on purpose!). Still playing strong!

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY IMPRESSED, March 11, 2013
i was looking for a relatively inexpensive, small, portable speaker system to plug into my laptop and ipod nano. AND, of course, i wanted good sound: clean bass, clear sound, and have it be LOUD ENOUGH so i can hear it clearly across the room, or into the next room. and i got it! this little thing ROCKS! it arrived pretty quickly. it's not "teeny-tiny", but it is quite small. i am very impressed- it's easy to use, comes with a rechargeable battery (AWESOME feature, IMHO), the battery seems to last a longer than i'd expect, and the sound is wonderful. for how little it is, and the cost, i'm quite blown away, and tickled pink to have found it. seriously, THANK YOU THANK YOU thank you, for such a quality, affordable product made available to us! which reminds me- i forgot to mention- the 3 YEAR WARRANTY. i have a feeling this thing is gonna last me quite a while, but how affirming, to me, that they back up their product like that. this thing is SWEEEEEET. CHEERS! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive little unit!, April 4, 2013
The original purpose for me buying this speaker was to use it in our GMC Acadia plugged in to the overhead DVD player; although the DVD player could play through the vehicle speakers i didn't always want to hear it upfront while driving. The option is for my boys to wear the headphones, but at 18mo he doesn't have the patience or hand eye coordination to put them on his head and leave them alone. Now i plug the speaker in and let it play right next to the kid's bucket seats.

SPARE BATTERY- I bought a "Nokia BL-5C" battery on Amazon for $5 to use a a backup battery. Good idea if you wanted this speaker all day on the beach without having to recharge it.

Battery life- When not in use in the car, i take it to work to listen to music at my desk. As a test, I listened to music for just over 19 hours before the battery died (two days accumulation without charge) That was using the one stock battery. Keep in mind, the 19hrs was all played at a very conserative level to respect the others in my office area. I would say it was played at a volume where you couldn't hear the lyrics from about 15ft away-just the tone of music.

I'm sure if you played it near full volume it probably wouldn't last but 5 or 6 hours, but add that extra $5 backup battery and you can't beat this little setup.

I'm very impressed with the sound, It's not flat like most little speakers and it does produce respectable bass to make the songs sound original. Also, if you play through an ipod you can change you ipod equilizer settings to tailor the sound to your taste, it can accomodate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive sound.., October 9, 2012
I set this up next to my pc sound system that contains 4 small speakers and two sub woofers and the sound quality was comparable..very impressive for the small size...I HIGHLY recommend this "power pack of sound" to anyone for just about anything..

I usually don't bother to post reviews but this one had to go up..

5.0 out of 5 stars Best MINI-Portable-BOOMBOX!!!, March 15, 2013
When I opened the Amazon's box and saw GOgroove Box's gave me a little doubt about the product, it looks so cheap! But when I opened it and saw the product, i felt very satisfy, it looks fancy, and after I connected my XPERIA SL to the SonaWAVE... WOW!!! the Sound SHOCKED me!! Amazing and powerful bass and treble!!

This speaker is perfect, I will recommend to use in small rooms, like bedrooms or offices.

THIS IS MY SCORE:

9.5/10 <<< OMG!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product for the price., March 13, 2013
Snowbird (Alaska - USA) - See all my reviews
Pretty much everything about this little cube is just as advertised. The sound is surprisingly good and the volume is more than adequate for listening to even outside.