5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for us

1.0 out of 5 stars attractive but doesnt work
Published on October 4, 2010 by daisy fan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for us, May 30, 2009
This review is from: GPX BC118W Portable CD Player with AM FM Radio (Electronics)
I bought this to put in our kitchen to listen to music while I cook. I've had it now for almost a year and it would work great had I not lost the power cord in our recent move :) With batteries now it still works great. It's accidentally fallen on the floor and still works perfectly. I really thought that a cheap boombox wouldn't last very long but I'm impressed with this one. Good buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars attractive but doesnt work, October 4, 2010
i received this item as a gift, and was delighted to see how compact and attractive this item was, and how little space it occupied. first disc i played it skipped on track 3, replayed track 3, no skip, when it reached track 6, there were multiple skips and after track 6 the disc stopped playing. i put in another disc, played fine until mid way thru and then it stopped altogether, the little window said 16 i guess meaning disc was finished but it only played just short of half way thru. same story with the third disc i tried, so it had to be the player and not the disc.

i then relied on user reviews both on amazon and target and a few others to determine that other people were experiencing the same problem with this item, so it was returned, i could have lived with the skips but when it stopped playing the disc within the first 24 hours of use, its safe to say the product is useless and there is not much hope for future use.

i posted this in the hope that it will be helpful to others who experience this problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Portable Radio, October 10, 2011
I know most people don't even buy these kind of radio's anymore compared to Itunes stuff, but this radio is a survivor. Mainly bought for camping, picks up reception very well, cd player works like a charm, and there is a rear jack for an mp3/ipod player if you so choose to bring one.

The battery life on this little guy lasted about 16-20 hours. Depending if the cd player was used or not.

Now I used the word 'survivor' in my first sentence, because we had this on top of the SUV, and drove away from our camp site (dirt road). We were doing about 10mph and hit a large bump, radio flew off of roof, hit front hood, and smacked into a tree. The radio resisted all damage, and played fine after we recovered it, couldn't ask for anything better.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken after 4 months, January 11, 2010
I bought this for my baby's room shortly before she was born. At the time, I liked that it was small and relatively inexpensive. I guess you "get what you pay for". My daughter is only 4 months old now, and the CD player has already broken. It started skipping one day, and then totally stopped working the next. Considering that I was using this to play naptime CDs, it is completely useless to me now, as the baby has no interest in Top 40, NPR, talk radio, etc. Now I need to buy a new one, but not one made by GPX.

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap and inferior, April 1, 2010
We received this item and it did not work. It is cheap and not worth considering. It costs $12 to return it which the company refunded to us and they were helpful but I say do not consider this product at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems..., November 28, 2011
Radio is pretty white color. It was very economical compared to others online. It works well and arrived quickly! Easy to use--CDs sound great. What more could I ask?

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm, November 12, 2011
Just the right size and color for our daughter's bedroom. it's easy to use (we even taught our daughter, who is 5, the basics of using it) and has decent sound. great cd player for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars AM, FM CD Player, May 27, 2009
Good price fast service. We bought this CD player for our grand daughter it's easy to use and she loves it. Would recommend and would shop this vendor again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap product that made CDs skip, September 2, 2009
This CD player was cheap and did not work properly from the outset. It made all of our CDs skip. To return the item, I had to send a series of emails to the company and then ship it back using UPS. It cost $13 to ship back this horrible product which is half the cost of the product. I am very unhappy with the product and the retailer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Good, February 8, 2010
Not good. The cord was so loose it would not remain plugged into the radio. So my husband cut the cord, opened the radio and hardwired the cord into the power supply. Good thing I have a handy husband because we had one bummed 9 year old. Would not recommend.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›