Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on May 30, 2009
I bought this to put in our kitchen to listen to music while I cook. I've had it now for almost a year and it would work great had I not lost the power cord in our recent move :) With batteries now it still works great. It's accidentally fallen on the floor and still works perfectly. I really thought that a cheap boombox wouldn't last very long but I'm impressed with this one. Good buy.
on October 10, 2011
I know most people don't even buy these kind of radio's anymore compared to Itunes stuff, but this radio is a survivor. Mainly bought for camping, picks up reception very well, cd player works like a charm, and there is a rear jack for an mp3/ipod player if you so choose to bring one.

The battery life on this little guy lasted about 16-20 hours. Depending if the cd player was used or not.

Now I used the word 'survivor' in my first sentence, because we had this on top of the SUV, and drove away from our camp site (dirt road). We were doing about 10mph and hit a large bump, radio flew off of roof, hit front hood, and smacked into a tree. The radio resisted all damage, and played fine after we recovered it, couldn't ask for anything better.
on October 4, 2010
i received this item as a gift, and was delighted to see how compact and attractive this item was, and how little space it occupied. first disc i played it skipped on track 3, replayed track 3, no skip, when it reached track 6, there were multiple skips and after track 6 the disc stopped playing. i put in another disc, played fine until mid way thru and then it stopped altogether, the little window said 16 i guess meaning disc was finished but it only played just short of half way thru. same story with the third disc i tried, so it had to be the player and not the disc.

i then relied on user reviews both on amazon and target and a few others to determine that other people were experiencing the same problem with this item, so it was returned, i could have lived with the skips but when it stopped playing the disc within the first 24 hours of use, its safe to say the product is useless and there is not much hope for future use.

i posted this in the hope that it will be helpful to others who experience this problem.
on January 11, 2010
I bought this for my baby's room shortly before she was born. At the time, I liked that it was small and relatively inexpensive. I guess you "get what you pay for". My daughter is only 4 months old now, and the CD player has already broken. It started skipping one day, and then totally stopped working the next. Considering that I was using this to play naptime CDs, it is completely useless to me now, as the baby has no interest in Top 40, NPR, talk radio, etc. Now I need to buy a new one, but not one made by GPX.
on April 1, 2010
We received this item and it did not work. It is cheap and not worth considering. It costs $12 to return it which the company refunded to us and they were helpful but I say do not consider this product at all.
on May 27, 2012
Played several cds on it and all of them skip throughout. It's either that the player itself is junk, or the same radio that everyone says they returned is getting put back into the rotation. Either way, I'd avoid purchasing this.

On a side note, those saying that this radio flew off the car into a tree and showed no signs of damage are either lying or stoned. The plastic used on this player is rigid and thin -- a good blow and it would shatter. This is a get what you pay for (or get less than what you paid for) product.
on August 5, 2011
I use this mostly as a radio and not as a CD player. It works well, has plenty of sound power and good radio fidelity. However, I purchased it mainly for its AUX input to amplify a very weak signal from the head phone jack of a tape recorder. It did not work well for that. Even with the volume at maximum, there was some, but very little, sound and lots of distortion and static. I had expected more and had to settle for using it as an extra radio.
on May 27, 2009
Good price fast service. We bought this CD player for our grand daughter it's easy to use and she loves it. Would recommend and would shop this vendor again.
on September 2, 2009
This CD player was cheap and did not work properly from the outset. It made all of our CDs skip. To return the item, I had to send a series of emails to the company and then ship it back using UPS. It cost $13 to ship back this horrible product which is half the cost of the product. I am very unhappy with the product and the retailer.
on November 12, 2011
Just the right size and color for our daughter's bedroom. it's easy to use (we even taught our daughter, who is 5, the basics of using it) and has decent sound. great cd player for the price.