5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest CD Player I've ever owned
Published on January 8, 2005 by Jvstin Joho Choczlery

3.0 out of 5 stars Its Ok
This MP3/CD player was great for a couple of months... Then the display started to mess up... Then the player would make a scratching noise when it played my CD's... I only dropped it once... The headphones are horrible... But other than that it's GREAT!!!
Published on December 2, 2005 by In La La Land

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest CD Player I've ever owned, January 8, 2005
This review is from: GPX CDPM5004 Portable CD/MP3 Player with Anti-Skip Protection (Electronics)
This CD Player has almost everything you could need, Bass Boost, fourty-five second anti-skip on cds, one hundred second on MP3 (which is really cool because it actually stops moving the CD, but still plays the music [it memorizes the songs for two minutes, and then memorizes the next two almost unnoticably] during those two minutes) In the month that I've had it the only time it's skipped is when the batteries run low, and I think that the anti-skip (with the stopping of the cd) with the MP3's actually adds to battery life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for 30 bones, February 20, 2005
Eliza (Tucson, AZ) - See all my reviews
I thought GPX was a pretty crappy brand...But when my Panasonic CD MP3 player (I am not going to own an Ipod--its just as limiting as these things) started showing signs of wear (I dropped it by mistake!) I figured I would check this one out....Its fantastic! You can load 700mb of MP3s onto a disc and hit random! It sounds great too (don't use the GPX headphones that come with it though--buy some better headphones (i had some left over from my last walkman) and its LOUDER than other MP3 players that I have heard (panasonic etc) and when you play an MP3d album on it--those annoying space gaps while the music loads--that does not happen with this player! The album flows like it should (to me this is pretty important). Knocked down a star for no memory (if you press stop you need to find your own place again--its not automatic like the last one I had)--it does skip occasionally--one or two here and there...But I can live with that!!!!Right now Superchunk MP3s i created from my turntable are loud and clear! LOUD!

Worth the money. Big smile.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Player for Little Cost, July 1, 2006
I purchased this player three months ago to run Mp3's at outdoor events that I attend. Since the events are usually around 8 hours, I needed a player for Mp3's so I would'nt have to constantly be changing discs. Also, having to travel with one or two Mp3 discs is much better than a library of 10 CD's! This little player has done well in hot and humid conditions, running for hours at a time. The batteries last a good while also, due in part to the memory function which stops the disc from running for periods of time. I hide the player under my table out of site, and hook it up to cordless speakers. Many have commented on where the "big stereo" or boombox is! A great little player, for little money! Definitely worth the price!

3.0 out of 5 stars Its Ok, December 2, 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars This CD player is good, but has a major flaw, October 13, 2008
Brian (Granada Hills, CA) - See all my reviews
So sure it has the great bass, the anti-skip, the modes, and every other good feature. But, this CD player fails to give at least a moderate battery life. This thing melts batteries in about 2 and a half weeks. Also, I think the layout of all the buttons is poorley designed. They make some wierd zig-zag around the whole cover and there is also a button placed on the side somewhere. I think that making the buttons all in one place, like on one strip of the player, it will make things much better. Look at the Sony D-E350 PSYC CD Walkman for instance. (I own the same player but exept its gold) It places all the buttons in a the front strip, compacting buttons for ease of use, and plus, the top flips up without bringing any buttons up with it! This CD player also has much better battery life.

So my point is, the GPX CD player is good if you want a wierd, battery eater, bulky CD player. The Sony Walkman D-E350 was made in 2002, (also when I purchased it), and it still works perfectly (sound quality just as good as the GPX), its button layout is perfect, its batery life is high, and it is slim (as in it doesnt have the huge silver buttons sticking out like the GPX, and it also isnt shaped in the wierd cylinder bulky crap)

So all you guys think that this CD player is "great" because you have never seen the best ones. So, this CD player is ok, but not great. It was manufactered with little quality in mind, and little innovation. If you need a CD player either buy the walkman I have mentioned or go to the store and look at CD players that relate to the walkman.

Rate and Discover Movies