Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on February 8, 2012
We switched away from metal pots for tea and also from plastic coffeemakers a couple of years ago and havent looked back. Having used another brand for a few years, I was expecting to get the same quality in this one. But I was surprised to find how heavy this is former a glass teapot, which are often very light. I know it's a heatproof borosilicate glass item, which is lighter than regular glass. But for the same capacity as my last teapot, this feels much sturdier. And it's a very contemporary design That looks great on my table top. We use oolong tea with some lemon and honey and it's worked great for us. With glass teapots, just be careful not to bang them on a granite countertop, don't drop them on the floor, was them carefully by hand and they will give you excellent flavor (and visual) on your tea, and will last you a lifetime. I think this teapot uses the same infuser and lid as the Glasgow, meaning spare parts are available which is great. If you ever need it. Based on my experience, this is a highly recommended teapot.
on March 16, 2012
This is the third teapot I received from Amazon within the last two months, and I am satisfied and happy with this third one. The glass material is much thicker than the one from Sun's tea or the Grosche Glasgow. This teapot is lovely and cute. Good quality and well-made overall.Some teapots are so thin that it makes me feel they are very fragile, but not this Monaco. I would have given a 5 star if the spout of the teapot is perfect (the one they shipped me has one side a little thicker than the other side, but still acceptable).

The Sun's Tea (TM) 41oz Ultra Clear Heat Resistant Borosilicate Glass Teapot & Infuser listed on Amazon is not a 41oz teapot. Buyers beware! I ordered it and received it, the size seemed very small so I measured this teapot. It is a 24oz teapot (unless Amazon accidentally shipped me a wrong one)! The glass material is thinner than the Grosche Monaco. Price-wise is about the same.

Grosche Glasgow: can't comment on it as it was shattered by the time I received it. But I think the Grosche brand in general is good quality.
on March 25, 2013
I love the look and shape of this teapot, but I returned it for a few reasons:

1) Loose leaf tea got stuck in the slits of the glass infuser, and I had to stand by with tea kettle in hand, waiting an unreasonably long time for the water to go down enough for me to add more...and then I had to wait again...and again...until the teapot was filled to my liking. The infuser should really not clog so quickly and easily.
2) There was an excessive amount of "herb dirt" in my tea, which is fine if just I am drinking it, but I would not want to serve it that way.
3) The glass infuser seemed impossible to clean. I finally unwrapped a brand new toothbrush to clean it and that seemed to do the trick. Had I kept it, I would have kept the toothbrush handy in the kitchen, just for cleaning the teapot.

The return process went smoothly, and after returning it, I found this nifty infuser that would have been a great alternative to the glass infuser in Grosche Monaco Teapot:[...]. if you really like the shape of this teapot like I do, you can always switch out the glass infuser with this one.
on January 10, 2013
I bought this teapot as a gift for my girlfriend to replace her old teapot which was really tiny and had a metal infuser. I picked this one out specifically because the infuser is also made out of glass and there is no worry at all about the infuser rusting (which was what my girlfriend was worried about with her old teapot).

The teapot is pretty great. It's completely glass, and looks pretty nice. The handle is a nice big loop, so it's easy to grab the handle without actually touching the pot, and makes it easy to pour. You can make about 5-6 cups of tea (or ~3 pints), so it's a good size for two people who want some tea.

My only concern is that the glass feels particularly thin. I haven't had any issues with it chipping or breaking, but I'm not super keen on testing it's durability either. Also, since the glass is thin, the heat can dissipate pretty quickly but that isn't too much of an issue for us as we drink tea pretty fast.

All in all, pretty good teapot for the price.
on August 23, 2013
I love this beautiful Teapot. I have had almost no issues with it. The spout pours cleanly and it seems quite sturdy though I am incredibly careful with it as it is glass. The infuser does tend to get clogged easily, but an simple fix for that is to fill the pot with water first and then set the infuser in. This way the flow of water does not push the leaves into the slits. I didn't find it to be a big deal.
on March 21, 2012
This is the perfect size teapot to make tea for myself and another. It does a good job of brewing loose tea. The price was not bad, either. There is a tealight warmer that it can sit on that is on my wishlist!
on May 18, 2012
I LOVE this excellent teapot! I do not, yet, have any blooming tea, but decided to go with the glass teapot with the option of blooming tea in mind.

The product is made of borosilicate glass, which I have not encountered problems with (shipping or normal use), as I have ordered a borosilicate glass item before. I believe it is an excellent material for everyday use. I will be purchasing a set of borosilicate glass tea cups and saucers to add to this teapot.

When completely filled with water, the teapot is a little heavy for me, so I help support it with the spout. Also, My loose leaf tea has some very fine soot type grounds in it, and this teapot is excellent for serving the tea because it's easy to see where the soot is... I usually only have about a tablespoon of liquid left (I stop pouring early, too).

Be careful when removing the infuser (on time sensitive brews), as the steam rising from the water is very hot (as well as the glass being hot).
on September 15, 2015
I bought together with 12 blooming tea. Soooooo pretty and taste good ! Only I need to learn how to brew the tea and flower still standing. Other than that I love it. I have food blog and the teapot add pretty picture.
review image
on December 10, 2013
This is a very nice teapot I bought it for my wife and she likes it a lot and it does a good job. It is nice that you can just put it on the stove to heat up the water and then dump the tea right in there. It seems to be a good size for 2 people, or 1 thirsty person. But perhaps the best part about this teapot was the customer service. After about 8 months use the cover just broke when my wife picked it up by the ball on the top. It wasn't dropped or anything, just a defect, I contacted the company, no questions asked they shipped another lid and infuser (bonus I guess). So top notch support which really makes a big difference.
on February 9, 2013
So let me start out by saying that in most ways, i love this teapot. I drink a lot of tea and enjoy the presentation.

However, I think that their advertising is extremely misleading. On the product description, they tout the "metal free" taste and the fact that this is a "tea kettle" -- safe for use on the stove. However, if you go to FAQ section on their website, you will find that they admit the glass is weak and they do not suggest it for use on the stove. Thus it is neither a teakettle, nor will it provide a "metal free taste" (unless you have a different metal-free kettle). I discovered this lesson the hard way--the bottom of my teapot just cracked on the stove.

So, if you want a teapot that is clear and pretty, go for this. Just don't expect to be able to use it as a teakettle.