5.0 out of 5 stars GSI Stainless Steel Kettle.. AWESOME!!!
Published on April 26, 2011 by redskinz57

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I was a little harsh, I just can't tell........
I like to backpack, and when winter came I knew that boiling water from snow would be far more efficient than hiking to streams and lakes. So I began looking around. I went to many stores and played with what they had. I ended on the GSI Stainless Tea Kettle.

Published 12 months ago by AvidReader

5.0 out of 5 stars GSI Stainless Steel Kettle.. AWESOME!!!, April 26, 2011
I chose the stainless steel kettle over the halulite kettle because i knew i wouldnt have an issue with rusting, even though it is about 3oz heavier and like 3 bucks more expensive it was well worth it. The halulite has some type of yellow plastic covering over the handles which almost every review that i watched the person cut them off because they said they would melt over the fire. So go with the stainless u wont go wrong. And will fit in your bug out bag/camping backpack no problem... 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars we got it for camping but..., February 5, 2012
The day we received this item we came down with head colds. (this was a coincidence we assume!) Rather than pull out the pan we usually boil water in we put this little bugger to the test on our stove top.

Man it boils water fast. The handle stays upright without a fight (both the pot itself and the lid top). It pours with out spilling and it hold more than enough for two cups of tea. Oh and if the handle is up it doesn't get too hot to pick up whent he water is boiling. I may have to fight with the wife to put this in our packed camping gear...that or buy another one!

its light and being stainless steel you can cook right over the fire with it or in the coals too. I'll be testing that in our fire pit just as soon as our colds are beaten back, that is if my head doesn't explode....sound like time for more tea.

go go little kettle go!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice kettle., August 30, 2011
This kettle is very well made. It is just the right size. Packs easily into a backpack, holds a descent amount of water. Wide base means faster boil time. Satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for boiling my tea water!, October 19, 2012
I bought this little kettle to boil water for my 24 oz ceramic teapot. I use it over a single propane burner in my cabin, and it has the water boiling in just a minute or two. It's pretty lightweight, which is great for me because it cools down quickly after it's emptied, and I can hang it. I don't know if it would remain undented if I were to take it hunting or camping, but that's not particularly important to me. It's just right for two cups of tea, or a bit of hot water for oatmeal or cocoa. It pours without dripping, and it's pretty cute, so I'm a fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars GSI Kettle, October 6, 2011
Great little tea pot,high quality steel.This replaces an enamelware coffee pot in my camping chuck box.This is more compact,heats quicker and is easier to clean.A very happy-no regret purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I was a little harsh, I just can't tell........, November 26, 2013
This review is from: GSI Outdoors Glacier Stainless Tea Kettle - 1 qt.

Right off the bat I will tell you that it has great fit and finish. The bend at the top of the handle helps keep the pot stable hanging over a fire in high winds. Putting the spigot in line with the handle was a great idea, I can pour the water out by touching the handle only. Though as you reach the end of the pour, you do need to put a hand on the lid so it doesn't fall off(in the end it is still a solid lid which stays on very well). Heck even that little handle on the lid is designed to stay up so I can grab it easily to check the water inside.

The other reviewer was wrong on the Oz, I tested with 3 different measuring pots I have in the kitchen, this really does hold 32oz. It's light weight and low profile.

So why the 2 stars. Well simply put, it started warping after only one outing. The heat of the fire has started to warp the kettle after only 3 days of use. I just can't trust it. They really need to reinforce the bottom, it just isn't thick enough. After only 3 days of use, my bottom is now sagging, the thing is slowly melting!

And I can't tell if I'm being too harsh, but I can't give a great design a 5 star review when the only design flaw makes it unusable. I just don't trust it now. It may be that this wasn't made to bring snow to a boil, and only used from already melted snow(water). This was never put into the coals, it was always hung 3 inches or more away from the coals. And it only hung over a fire at maximum 20 minutes at a time(though probably 8 times a day).

I just can't tell, am I being too harsh? I hope GSI redesigns this, I will without a doubt buy that one. For now, I will be testing out other products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Kettle, December 13, 2011
Order arrived very quickly. This is a well made product. Very lightweight for stainless steel. I expect this product will last a lifetime. Fits in my pack great. The one great thing about the design is unlike most kettles this model has a wide top that make is very easy to clean the inside, which is great if you make a soup or stew. Very happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, June 8, 2012
AMK "Ann" (Nixa, Missouri) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GSI Outdoors Glacier Stainless Tea Kettle - 1 qt.
I love this item! Used it the first time over Memorial Day and I can't say enough positive things. Stainless, so it won't rust. Holds just enough water for me to make a cup of hot cocoa for my son and a pot of tea for myself. Easy to clean, heats up quickly, very lightweight, and doesn't take up a lot of room. Can use over the campfire or the camp stove. Absolutely perfect. Also great for heating water for doing the dishes. Liked it so much, I bought one for my sister, who is also a camper. If you purchase this, you won't be sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the alternative ally kettles..., August 1, 2011
I've never been a fan of aluminium cookware, I much prefer stainless steel.

Took me a while to track down the GSI Glacier kettle. But it was worth the hunt.

Even with shipping to Australia, it cost less than the 0.9L Trangia offering and is much tougher.

Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied, February 13, 2013
This is a great kettle. Many a fine cups of tea have been made over an open fire. Good quality and is very durable. Would definitely recommend. The Primus 4 season mug fits nicely inside so both take up little space in my pack.