Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on April 27, 2011
the reason you can't use it for connecting laptop to tv is because of the direction of travel of the information. your laptop's video OUTPUT does not go through the usb ports, it will go through either and s-video connection or a serial port. this cable is for input to laptop, not output from it. so connect dvd player, vcr, camcorder, etc. and you're fine. if and only if your tv has rca outputs, which most do not nowadays, then you could use it to record what's on tv, but easier just to connect to your cable box or dvd player or something.
1111 comments|259 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2011
THIS CABEL WORKS GREAT!!! I feel bad when I see a product with a bad star rating because some people just assume that a usb to rca cable is going to connect a pc to a tv. If you read the description you will not find anything that says it's for a pc to tv connection. Bottom line if you are purchasing this to connect a usb camcorder to a tv then YES IT WILL WORK!
1010 comments|123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2014
This cable is designed to connect an output to an input, not an input to an output. It is made to connect a USB output device (DVD player) to an RCA input and allow you to continue to use today's newer devices with your older display. That's it. I am elated since this product has extended the life of my 40" Mitsubishi MB605 direct view TV and allow me to connect it to an output that only comes with USB. Since 2013 was the last year any device was made with RCA output/input, there would be no way for anyone to use a new DVD player (like a blue ray or one with wi-fi) with their older TV. This device does exactly what it was designed to do.
55 comments|44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 24, 2011
This MAY be for use with a special device that has a USB port on it which INTERFACES with your computer, but THIS IS NOT FOR PLUGGING UP TO YOUR COMPUTER.

***** >>>>>>> DO NOT PLUG TO YOUR COMPUTER <<<<<<<<< *******

Do not be fooled by the little "box" in the middle of the cable which some might believe is an analog-composite-video-signal to digital-serial converter. It is not.

I disassembled the cable to see what it was, and it is merely 3 RCA connectors going to the USB port. That's all! This can damage your USB port and/or the audio/video device you plug it into. Here's why, and here is the PINOUT of the cable:

* The ground of the RCA connectors is also the ground of the USB port as well as the Data ground (D-) on the USB port!

* The "Right Audio" composite pin is actually the +5 Vcc on the USB port! This will inject 5 volts into your video/audio device if plugged in!!

* The "Left Audio" and "Video" composite pins go to the Data positive (D+) on the USB port!

Again YOU WILL FRY YOUR USB PORT AND/OR YOUR VIDEO DEVICE if you plug this cable in and connect it up.
2222 comments|133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 17, 2012
I read many of the customer reviews and though most of them said it wouldn't work I thought for $3 it's got to be worth a try. I had no illusions about this thing connecting my laptop to a TV, I simply wanted to connect a video camera with an RCA output to my laptop and record some images using Windows Movie Maker. But as so many of the reviews reported, this thing doesn't do squat. The reviews I saw in here which said it worked must be the manufacturer's rep trying to hype their product. This thing does not work. Period. Save your money for something else and shame on Amazon for allowing this kind of crap to be peddled on their site. It's too expensive to try and return and that's what these scam artists are counting on.
on May 26, 2012
This product is a $2 tax on those who don't understand electronics and want a quick fix. Do not buy it unless you know EXACTLY what you're doing. Period. THERE IS NO STANDARD EQUIPMENT CONFIGURATION IN WHICH IT MAKES SENSE TO USE THIS CABLE. It doesn't matter if you have a camcorder, TV, laptop or desktop, how old your stuff is, or which way you want the pictures to go: this cable is not for you. It is meaningless to connect an analog port (RCA) to a digital one (USB) like this. If you're lucky, the USB power wires are not connected and you will not damage your equipment.

To get technical, a USB cable has 4 wires inside (not counting the overall shield): 2 wires to transfer DIGITAL signal: a data+ and a data- wires, and 2 power wires: +5V and ground. RCA audio/video cable has three ANALOG wires: video, audio left and audio right, each one with a ground (or shield) for a total of 6. There is no possible way they can go together and work on any standard equipment.

If you bought it and it (predictably) doesn't do anything, complain to Amazon for selling snake oil to waste your time and make a buck. There should be a list of the (maybe five) devices with which this abomination is compatible.
33 comments|37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2015
Fast shipping, excellent product equal happy customer. I purchase this item for my sister early birthday since, it was something she wanted and she love it. She said she haven't had any problems with it. For those of you that would like to see it when it just got purchased. I will post a photo of the product. On the other hand, I give it a five star due to my sister likes it. Disregard the first part my sister just said the cord is not working. I did purchase this item for my sister but, my sister just told me yesterday that the cord was not working properly with her laptop. When she connect the cable to her t.v to laptop. It didn't even show nothing on the screen for her to watch her movies. Therefore, she decided to notify me about the issues. If I was buyers looking for items like this beware of them because, it just might not work. If you have any questions you can ask me because, I will tell you more. On the other hand I will stick to the original cable cord. That connect to the t.v to DVD and HDMI cable to T.V. Enjoy your day everyone and I'm out.
review image
on February 4, 2011
I needed to get some old VHS tapes onto my computer. Everywhere else the price ran up to $20-30 and more . I checked at Amazon and got it at a super deal. In fact shipping at $2.98 was more than the cable.

Thanksm Jim
33 comments|52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 23, 2010
This product is only for connecting your video camera to the laptop. It CANNOT be used to connect a laptop to a TV.
44 comments|77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2013
It's unfair and does not help me when other people give a bad review to a product that a seller ships quick and has excellent quality just because it does not do what they wanted or did not know how to use it.
This cables WILL NOT connect your PC to the TV. so don't blame the product for your lack of understanding of what signal comes out of a USB port and goes to a TV. This cable is meant to connect a camcorder or Camera to the TV so you can watch the movies in something a little bigger than the viewfinder. It WILL be model specific so don't use it for ALL camcorders.

As far as the cable., It's excellent and ships quick. Just make sure it's what you want.