Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: niceEshop(TM) Keyboard Silicone Cover Skin for Apple Mac Macbook (Fit 13-15 Inches) ,Black
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on March 31, 2013
Fantastic skin for the keyboard! It fits flawlessly on my Macbook Air. Do give it time to adjust to the keys. The skin is actually form fitting over the keys with a bit of a lip on the edges, so your keyboard feels very nice. The padding does trigger the Air to pop open when held upright, but that's expected given the super tight design of the Air itself. It also muffles the sound of your keys, making it more pleasant for everyone.

People also must know that the ventilation design of the AIR uses the keys itself to push the air out. This is the same with the Pro. Just download smcFanControl to run your fans at appropriate speeds and track the temperature. A side effect is that because the machine is venting through the keys, the bottomside of your skin will collect all that dust and debris coming out. You'll have to do a lot of cleaning, but the positive side is eventually all the dust that was going in the first place will be gone.
review image review image
on November 8, 2015
I certainly don't like this product. I have bought this to protect my Macbook Air's keyboard against spills and dust and it has done the job but I expected more from the keyboard in terms of functionality and the backlight.
This is a keyboard that is not transparent so it will certainly block some of the keyboard original backlight. I expected that oh my god, the backlight settings is useless because the material doesnt let the light go through so you are left with almost no backlight which is a huge downside. It isn't also as slim as you can see in the pictures. It WILL touch your screen and therefore the screen will have keyboard marks on it: not cool.
The keyboard aligns perfectly but this has the Eject button and not the power button, not much of an issue though.
The feel is horrible. It is made from cheap silicone and it will make the keyboard feel flimsy. I absolutely couldn't type on this and I did certainly stop using after about two days. I have now given this keyboard skin to a friend who wanted it so I bought another one that is much better and thinner.
on June 29, 2010
Product arrived extremely quick, after having an initial problem with another issue. Had contacted the seller earlier regarding an issue, and they replied very quickly. Seller is top notch and very friendly, always willing to help solve the issue. The product came inside a bubble filmed 8.5'x11' envelope. Product was folded in half but immediately popped back to its flat original state.

Product is silicon, so it grips on the fingers more. You will find it odd typing at it at first, but is easily adaptable as I am now typing back to 75% of my normal words-per-minute after just a few hours. Looks like it will protect extremely well against spills, as there are no holes for liquid to penetrate through. Would do business again.
on July 7, 2014
I purchased this cover for two things. The fact that it covers my keyboard if i were to spill some sort of liquid on it or dirt and the fact that it has all the shortcuts for Traktor. Absolutely love this cover! It fits perfectly to your keyboard and is straight to the point. If you have Traktor, definitely purchase this item!

Pros
Used for Traktor
Protects your keyboard from spills and dirt
on March 11, 2012
I use a Macbook Air 13" and chose this over the usual clear silicone ones because it's the same colour as the original keyboard, so it's certainly more aesthetically pleasing than having a cloudy film over the keys. Having said that, the Macbook Air has an illuminated keyboard and this light is blocked because each printed key on the silicone is actually completely opaque, so it's not ideal for typing in the dark (or if you like the fact that the keyboard is prettier when illuminated). Also, good to note that for the Air, the top right key is the power button but the key printed on the silicone is the eject button (minor issue).

Fit-wise, as with all other silicone covers it does its job of being a protective film for the keyboard, prevents nail scratches, dust and water from entering etc. However, I find that it doesn't sit on the keys very well, probably due to the depth of the cover - the key punch-outs could be slightly shallower. While the clear base area sits well (doesn't move when you open and close the laptop flap), due to uneven depth the edges of the keys kinda puff out, such that only the middle portion of each key sits on the original key below when you type. Could just be the piece that I received, not too sure, but it makes typing slightly challenging compared to the original feel of the keyboard. You'll have to type a little harder in order to depress the keys below.

But as mentioned by another reviewer, I think this is as good as it gets for its price.
on June 25, 2012
This key board cover is for younger then OS X Lion Macbook pro's. Its not that it wont fit, it's that the key logo's for f3 and f4 on the keyboard are different.

I can't say that my keyboard cover came with any imperfections (other then not being for OS X Lion), but really the idea of the keyboard cover is to protect my keyboard from the sweat in of my hands, not to look pretty. Also for how cheap it is, at least for me, it's not a problem that 2 keys don't mash up (unless if your computer predates Lion)...

P.S. IF YOU HAVE A RETINA MACBOOK PRO 3 OF THE KEYS WONT MASH UP NOT 2, THAT WOULD BE F3, F4 AND POWER...
on March 7, 2015
I like these keyboard covers because they are cheap, and they keep all manner of food and dirt out of my keyboard. Every once in a while just remove it, rinse and dry. I was amazed to see all the dirt this silicon cover collected. I'm glad that wasn't in my computer! People always ask about it and they want one too, so I'm going to purchase some extras for friends. The only negative thing is that I can see a slight outline of the keyboard on my screen. This is from closing the laptop. It's hard to wipe off but I haven't tried to clean it with the proper cleanser. Anyway I don't believe that affects my screen in any way and I wouldn't have any personal laptop without one of these. My laptop stays open most of the time anyway. Plus, my old silicon cover (same brand) lasted for THREE years! Well worth the money.
on March 13, 2011
For me, the main test of the worth of the product is what I see when I remove the keyboard cover.T here's a lot of gunk sitting between the raised pads of the keys. That's junk that would be getting down into my laptop if I didn't have this cover on. When I hold the cover up to the light, I can see that the black color of the keys is wearing away on some letters. Again, that's wear that would be happening to my laptop if I didn't have this cover on.

It's true, this product takes some getting used to. You have to press the keys just slightly harder. The cover is a bit loose (otherwise how would you get it on?) and sometimes it shifts a tad and I have trouble pressing a key. Usually it's the shift key. But these are all things that I adjusted to within a week or so of using it. I bought my macbook just before backlit keys were introduced, so that isn't an issue for me. The only key that lights up on my keyboard is the capslock, and I can still see it through the keyboard cover.
on August 1, 2015
Very cheap and does a great job of keeping my macbook's keyboard clean and fingerprint free. With the cover on, it will take some getting used to, but typing is still very easy. The light from the keyboard can still shine through the silicone and can be seen easily in the dark if you need to find the right keys.

A couple things that I should mention are that the labeling of the buttons are different depending on what version of the macbook you have, so don't be too confused if it doesn't match. Secondly, I like to take the cover off every once in a while to let my computer breathe, because the silicone cover seems to block air intake and causes my macbook to heat up like crazy.

Still, a very affordable cover that will keep your keyboard clean and preserve your keys especially if you use it a lot.
on March 8, 2011
While this is a good looking product and undoubtably great for a Macbook Pro. The fault here is with Amazon's product listing. This particular skin appears at the top of just about ever search for Macbook Air 11 products. I made the mistake of not explicitly comparing the Mac Air and Mac Pro keyboards before purchasing this product, and paid for it when I got the wrong thing. So to all Macbook Air 11 owners, do not make the mistake I did and believe the search results. This skin does NOT fit the Mac Air 11 keyboard.