Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SLR Hand Strap - BIRUGEAR Black Digital Camera Hand Grip Holder for Canon EOS Rebel T6i, T5i, SL1, T5, T4i, 60Da, 5D Mark III/II, T3, T3i, 60D, T2i, 1D Mark IV, 7D, T1i, 50D, 40D, XSi, XTi, XS
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on May 22, 2013
I bought 4 of these for 3 of my cameras. Prior to this, I've also bought a similar product. That was sort of TOO long. I called that long because it extended over the battery door. At the time of buying that, I thought that was normal. However, upon receiving this, I saw that the product doesn't need to be that long, that is, long enough to partially cover the battery door. In other word, to change battery while having the hand strap on, you must first remove it.

It's not a deal breaking thing for me. But it would be nice it isn't that long, and this one fits that perfectly. I also like the padding. The padding is pretty soft, and the leather (synthetic or real I can't tell) is also soft too. The string is long enough to cover most sizes of the human hand. The good thing about having a hand strap like this is that you don't have to wear your camera around your neck. You'll definitely feel much better and LIGHTER too. I walk around with a 5DM3 and Nikon D800, both of which with their respective 70-200mm lens, and feel they're much lighter had them been around my neck instead. To me, that's the main reason why I prefer a hand strap instead of a neck strap. And this hand strap is the best there is given its prices.
on April 5, 2012
This was a gift for my son... He has smaller hands and found this gem to be spot-on for stabilizing his T2I with a telephoto lens... The quality is above par for the price and availability recommends it... Other reviews of poor quality must have been from not so credible suppliers... Pay the price to the highest rated suppliers... Looking for the cheapest price is where the poor quality knock offs come from...
on January 1, 2016
This is a little tedious to put on but it's a great value for the quickness of grasping the camera it provides. Fits nicely on my Canon Rebel T6s. The pad feels a big stiff at first but I imagine it will stretch and conform more as I use it.
on September 30, 2014
This is great. The neck strap is good, but at times gets in the way when shooting. Also the camera swings and could strike something to damage it when you are moving about. With the hand strap it fits comfortably on the hand and my finger rests on the shutter button. You can move about and the camera is almost a part of you. Also found that I am not acceptable to mistakenly activate another function when holding the camera using the neck strap, as I said, my finger rests on the shutter.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 25, 2015
Really, for the price you can not complain. I have big hands for a female and this would suit a smaller hand than mine. I am keeping it but it's not fitted to my camera for everyday use because of the fit with my hand.
on January 29, 2014
This grip is cheap and works. The major caveat is that is is quite snug on larger bodies (like my 6D). I've not yet had it come undone while using it (although one time it did come off the camera when I pulled it out of the bag, but I'm assuming it's because I caught the top strap just right). It can be a challenge as others have mentioned to use all the buttons on the back comfortably, as there really is zero adjustment to this strap.

But, for the price I'm not really complaining. The rubberized padding is very grippy on the back of the hand, and while the screw that holds it on the bottom is sort of a monstrosity, it works. 4/5 stars.
on January 11, 2013
I bought this so I wouldn't have to mess with a neck strap and I could feel a little better about my clumsy self dropping my DSLR. Obviously I was also hoping for some stabilization when wielding the camera one handed too. I have used a friend's Nikon DSLR and handstrap and really liked the comfort and control.

It does both of those things just fine, however, for me to feel that I really have the camera secure and supported by one hand, I have to make the strap so tight that I can't really twist my hand around to press the shutter button. That may be more to do with the shape of my camera (Canon T3) and my hand/finger size (big) but regardless, it isn't quite as useful and helpful as I was hoping for.
on October 31, 2014
Its a little difficult to get it tight enough to work right and still get you hand in it. My right is heavy though and the padded leather is nice. I unraveled the strap and put it together the right way and works better.
on January 11, 2014
In the picture the hand strap is oval shaped. Mine is a FREAKIN TRIANGLE! At first i was angry with it especially because there was no instructions on how to set it up, but once i figured it out, i fell in love. It comes in handy all the time and i think i actually prefer this triangle shape to the oval one because it feels more secure. The construction of everything feels very solid and the pad is very comfortable on my hand. I never liked neck straps so this is perfect for what i needed.
on February 15, 2014
This is a good product in theory however it doesn't really work like how you would expect it to. Firstly, it's a well built product and not at all bulky, but it moves forward to much whilst trying to get your hands through and once through, it is hard to use thumb controls and the top buttons next to the display window (I used it on a canon 7d). It is some what comfortable but not practical and the bottom bracket takes up the mounting screw so going from tripod to of tripod was an issue for me..