5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
Published on October 27, 2010 by Eric

2.0 out of 5 stars Rubber case a must for clip/clip+, BUT...
Published on April 23, 2010 by djfriendly

2.0 out of 5 stars Rubber case a must for clip/clip+, BUT..., April 23, 2010
djfriendly (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GTMax Black Rubber Soft Silicone Skin Cover Case for SanDisk Sansa Clip Plus ... (Electronics)
This case is over-engineered to fit the plus. I am referring to the opening to fit the memory card. Convenient yes, but once you've experienced the ease of inserting the card without having to remove the case, the card/opening is still not protected. it is vulnerable to dust, the card can pop out, etc. The SOLUTION, get the rubber case that is designed for the original clip (non-plus), it covers and protects the memory card/slot & keeps the card in place. there is no sacrifice in functionality, just a round rubber pattern over the front control panel instead of square. the minor inconvenience of having to remove the case when you want to remove or change the card is more than offset by the durability/portability the old clip case gives the clip+.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, October 27, 2010
I received my cover today and it works great. I must have gotten an updated version because my cover does not have the acess slit for the memory card that others have complained about. The only openings now are the one for the usb cable and the headphone jack on the other side. The volume control being exposed you see in the picture is not accurate. Mine is molded into the cover. Overall a simple but great design.

Shipping was quick and overall my experiennce was excellent.

3.0 out of 5 stars It does the job, but it isn't very pretty, December 29, 2009
HLS (Arizona, USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this silicon skin for my 8gb Clip+. It was shipped very quickly, I have no complaints about the merchant, and while the skin fits well and is soft silicon, I have a few complaints that reduced the product's overall rating:

- It does not have a cover for the screen. This is perhaps my biggest complaint, since the major reason I wanted a skin was to protect the screen from accidental scratching or dust.

- It's ugly, much uglier than I was expecting. The Clip+ has a sleek look and the silicon skin completely encases the front, making it look cheaper.

- It does not cover the micro slot. I thought it would, thereby protecting the slot.

- While the silicon does have raised areas for the home, play, fast forward, rewind, etc. buttons, I found I couldn't feel them easily with my finger. I could feel the controls much easier without the skin.

I think I'm going to purchase this skin instead: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B002Y31QDG/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=A3E5K6GEFSI075&v=glance

2.0 out of 5 stars If you order this one, good luck...., August 9, 2011
Just like D. Hostetler reported in his July 13, 2011 review, there is no way to tell whether you will get a cover with the screen and SIM card exposed, or a better one with fewer cutouts (which reviewer Eric reported on October 27, 2010). The only hint in the product description is "Precise Cutouts Give Easy Access to All the Functionalities" (note the word "All").

I decided to take my chances too, order the cover, and hope that it would be the improved version that Eric received. No luck. The cover I received exposes the screen and SIM card.

I can only guess that the improved cover with fewer openings has sold out, so the manufacturer is now unloading the remaining stock of the previous version. I'll be returning this cover and looking for one which will protect my Clip+ more completely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality silicone skin cover for the price... BUY IT!!!, October 14, 2012
I bought it to help protect my Sansa Clip+, because with my luck I'd get it all dinged up or cracked. I've had this skin for a year now, it's helped keep my Sansa safe, from all the damaging elements I've put it through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for my Sansa Clip+, easier to use volume button., December 27, 2012
The GTMax Black Rubber Soft Silicone Skin Cover Case slipped easily over my Sansa Clip+ in seconds. The cutouts were perfectly centered and the openings completely cleared the audio jack and USB port. The buttons are still easy to use on the face and top of the player because there are raised areas that correspond to the buttons. The volume is even easier for me to adjust on the side as the raised silicone area over the button helps me hit that narrow button easier.

The cover is soft and cushioned and it appears it would protect the player from a fall on a hard surface unless it landed clip side down. The cover fits across the face, around the sides and just over the back edge leaving the clip exposed so it functions properly. The silicone wrapped over the back edges of the player helps the clip stay put better on thin and/or slick materials.

If you have one of the colorful players, like ours, and you'd like it to be a little less noticeable at times, the black cover helps.

3.0 out of 5 stars works with modifications, October 9, 2012
Very nice price. Has a few quirks. The hole for the earphones had to be enlarged for the plug to make contact in the mp3 player. Once that was adjusted works fine. Also needed to cut a hole on the side for the memory insert. The Plus is the case offers additional protection. I dropped my mp3 player a few times from about 2 ft up and no damage at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Protects my mp3 player good, April 4, 2012
This product does what it was meant to do- keep my mp3 player safe. It's hard to write much about something so simple. If you want a good case to protect your player, I would consider going with this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a trade off, February 16, 2012
Rich P (Metro St. Louis, Missouri) - See all my reviews
Yes, it protects the MP3. But it also can be tough to use the controls for the MP3 and turn it off and on. I've had it for 6 weeks and I'm still debating whether I'm going to continue to use it or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars The GTMax protects better thank expected., January 30, 2012
I got the GTMax silicone skin cover over the Holidays. It protects my brand new SansaClip MP3 Player. The last MP3 player I had got all scratched up since I wore it all the time. The GTMax silicone skin cover is so simple to use, I am so glad I got it, perhaps my new Mp3 player will last longer than the last one... or at least look better.

Rate and Discover Movies