Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

on July 26, 2012
I lost my original Nikon charger and bought this to replace it - fantastic, AND it has a car charger too, which I did not get with my original Nikon purchase. The original Nikon charger costs around $45 or more to replace.....just shows what we are paying for the name.
on September 4, 2011
This item is very handy when traveling and it works very well. Recharge times are quick and it works both in a regular electric outlet and in a car.
on February 18, 2012
I thought this was just for charging the battery in the car 12volt outlet. The charger actually has a fold out plug that can go into a standard receptical. So you get both for one price.
on July 29, 2012
I put this to use for the first time today at a wedding. Took a few photographs and quickly realized that what I thought was a fully charged battery before I left the house was a near dead one. I literally panicked knowing that the ceremony would be starting soon.

Ran back to the car to try to get as much of a charge as possible. After about 30 minutes of charging in the car with this charger, I made it back just before ceremony started. I had about 2/3 bars on the battery....only 30 minutes earlier it was in the red. I had enough of a charge to get through the entire ceremony and reception.

By end of reception it was back to blinking red again on my Nikon D5100...put battery on charger just to see how much of a charge I would get on the 20 minute drive home...By the time I got in the driveway my battery was up to 2/3 bars again. You just can't beat the deal on this handy charger. It's the only one I have to carry while I'm out and about and completely replaces the oem one since back flips out for ac charging. Under $10 AND delivers as promise? That's a diamond in the rough.
on January 24, 2013
It charges fast and does what it's supposed to in that department. However, it's missing a small tab that would fit into the slot on the batteries to lock it in place. Without any way to hold the battery, it's possible for the battery to just fall out. I corrected this by wrapping a narrow loop of velcro around the charger and battery but shouldn't have had to do so.
on May 23, 2013
Item works perfectly and is a name brand although not Nikon but not GTMax either, at least GTMax isn't on the package. I like this better than the OEM unit because of the LED charge indicator. When charging it is Red and when complete it is Green. The OEM flashes Amber when charging and is steady Amber when complete. Add to that the car charger adapter plus the European plug adapter. The unit automatically accepts 120 and 240 so the voltage converter is built in.
on November 18, 2012
My D5100 came with an A/C charger that must be plugged into an outlet, i.e., it is useless when you're on the road for a photo shoot. This inexpensive charger works in a standard outlet, but has flexibility for use in a car's 12-volt socket. With it, I can do a shoot with only two camera batteries.
on January 11, 2013
I misplaced the charger for my Nikon D3100 over the holidays, and needed a new one STAT!

This was exactly what I needed. Charged my battery quickly, and the battery lasts just as long as it used to. Works at home or in the car!
on July 6, 2013
The connections are different. Charger has 2 prongs and my Nikon battery has 5, (EN-EL14, 7.4v) I don't think the Vivitar rapid travel charger that was sent to me will fit my Nikon D3200.
on May 2, 2013
Does not work at all for the NIKON EN-EL14 Nikon Battery. The contacts on the battery don't even match the contacts on the charger. This is a rip-off. Do not buy this product.