4.0 out of 5 stars Good . . . And Cheap
I bought three battery testers from Amazon on the same day. I wanted to test them against each other to see which was more accurate. This one won hands down, but it quit working on me after only three months. However, since this tester was so accurate, and so cheap, I bought another and it has held up for me for over a year now.

This GTMax battery tester can...
Published on June 25, 2012 by PWB Esq

1.0 out of 5 stars It stopped working after the fourth or fifth battery
It stopped working a few weeks after I received it, after testing a few batteries, and with no rough usage.
Published on June 27, 2012 by Ken Novak

4.0 out of 5 stars Good . . . And Cheap, June 25, 2012
PWB Esq (Johnson City, TN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GTMax Universal Battery Tester for AA/AAA/C/D/9V/Button Cell Batteries - Black Pakage included Universal Blue Neck Strap Lanyard (Electronics)

This GTMax battery tester can test a wide range of battery sizes, including button cells (if you hold them just right in the closing mechanism). I do wish the closing lever had a spring on it to make it easier to place and hold batteries tight. But it works adequately as it is.

The needle gauge tells whether the batteries need replacing, whether they are low or good. The higher the needle is in the green, the better the charge in the battery. There are markings below the standard levels that you can use for button cell batteries. These markings tell only if a button cell is bad or good - no low level on these markings.

In my tests against the other two battery testers, this one most accurately read new batteries and batteries that were bad. The other two, I found, would sometimes not even give a brand new battery a fully charged reading, and they consistently showed more power in a dead battery than did this battery tester.

For the price, you get a lot of bang for your buck with this battery charger.

FYI, the other two battery testers I purchased were: Delkin Devices DD/BATTEST MULTI RoHS AA/AAA Battery Power Tester for $11.50 and Jobar International JB5331 Universal Battery Tester for $13.97.

1.0 out of 5 stars It stopped working after the fourth or fifth battery, June 27, 2012
Ken Novak (Evanston, IL) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars It works., September 11, 2011
Not much else I can say about it. The tester doesn't require batteries like some do so you never have to worry about that. Only complaint is that it can be a little awkward to hold while checking the meter, but that could just be my personal taste. Regardless it does the job and that's all I really care about.

1.0 out of 5 stars Took it apart after it broke and was disappointed in the quality., July 9, 2012
M. Jennings (Incline Village, NV) - See all my reviews
Mabye you will get lucky and get one that lasts longer than mine, but I had mine for a few months and used it occasionally. Probably tested 4 - 5 batteries over that time and no complaints. Unfortunately it stopped working after that so I decided to see if I could see what was wrong (there are some simple screws to take apart). I could see that the wire that came from the red piece that slides back and forth had completely detached from the meter. You would not believe how junky this wire was. It was so thin that it didn't surprise me at all that it had broken after a few uses (imagine 3-4 human hairs and you get the idea of how thin this wire was). It was too bad it was built with such cheap wire since it might have lasted a little longer if with normal gauge wire.

3.0 out of 5 stars a pain to use, January 15, 2012
This one of the few times i have been misled by good reviews on Amazon.

In my opinion this device is unnecessarily difficult to use for accurate voltage recording of varying size batteries. It does not have a spring loaded cradle that will hold the battery securely while you read the output.

I gave it a three grade however since the price is so low. Otherwise it would have been a two.

My recommendation is to visit radio shack and get an Enercell 22-157 if you can spare $10.

3.0 out of 5 stars It gets the job done, July 4, 2012
It's simple and easy to use but you have to hold the battery just right for a good reading. It's a bit awkward holding the battery and using the slide mechanism.

5.0 out of 5 stars GTMA battery tester, October 14, 2011
GramGarcia of Lithia (Riverview, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This product arrived in great condition and worked like a charm. Have only had it a week so don't know if it will last, but so far, so good. I had no problem inserting the batteries and holding them for testing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Battery tester purchased from Amazon.com/Crazy Store, February 27, 2013
I didn't get the neck strap, as advertised, but I have begun testing my battery supply and so far, it's working fine. I set aside 4 batteries and I keep testing them over and over again to see it I get the same reading on the meter and so far it's very accurate. I only gave it 1 star because of the "truth in advertising". NO NECK STRAP! And my displeasure with the manufacturer. So far, I'm happy with the tester. However, when I placed the order, the price was $9.55. It is now selling for $4.55. After three or four e-mails with the company, Crazy Store, the best offer they would give me is a 30% refund. That's no where near what they should have refunded. The name of the company that retails the product is Crazy Store, located in China. BEWARE OF CRAZY STORE! And they gave me some excuse about the neck strap but they are NOT sending it to me. That's the last time I'll buy anything from that company. I do not hold Amazon responsible for this fiasco, but if this ever happens again, I will return the item to Amazon for a full refund from Amazon and re-order at the reduced price. I am not a happy camper!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4/8/2013, Update to this review: On March 4, 2013, Crazy Store sent me an e-mail promising to give me a full refund because of their error. A few days ago, I sent Crazy Store a reminder of the refund promised to me. To date, I have not seen the refund or heard from Crazy Store. It appears they are refusing to answer my e-mail. BUYER BEWARE!!! I hope Amazon puts this company on their list of companies stating that this company is a high risk business and for people to be very careful of doing business with them! In fact, I hope Amazon steps in and finds out what happened and takes corrective action.
5/6/2013 - Another month has passed and Crazy Store still hasn't responded. I guess I'm not going to get my refund. WARNING TO ALL POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS DOING BUSINESS WITH CRAZY STORE: THEY ARE NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY. BE VERY CAREFUL BUYING ANYTHING
FROM CRAZY STORE. THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND THE PRODUCTS THEY MAKE AND SELL.
AMAZON: PLEASE REMOVE THIS VENDOR FROM YOUR CATALOG!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best battery tester, August 24, 2011
This battery tester is the best out of all the other ones i tried. It is also the most cheapest, yet great working. Strongly recomend, don't waste money on other ones!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does its job and is inexpensive, November 17, 2011
This GTMax battery tester does not inspire confidence as it looks and feels flimsy. The large D cell batteries do slot into the tester as easily as the other sizes but do fit if one is dexterous enough. But the device does its job, is cheap, and allows testing for a variety of types of batteries.