GTV 5 Delayed Because of PS4?!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 31, 2013 5:04:52 PM PST
A customer says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 6:18:19 AM PST
DMS,MD says:
If it ends up being a PS4 game (and that's a big IF), then this game alone will sell a million PS4's. I'd have to buy a PS4 just to play GTA-V - who could wait? Although info says the PS4 comes out very late 2013, if at all this year.

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 2:41:28 PM PST
I actually kind of hope it does release on PS4 if all the above ends up being true. That would be huge and a pretty bold move on Sony's part. Either system really, playing a new GTA on a new system? I'm game.

Posted on Feb 6, 2013 7:21:54 AM PST
G. Vasquez says:
I don't like first games of new consoles. GTA III wasn't even close to VC or SA. GT3 not even close to GT4.
I really hope GTAV will be an evolution of GTAIV in PS3 because if not, it will again be a good game but not exploiting the whole power of the gaming system.

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 11:05:40 AM PDT
They said the reason behind the delay is that there is much more to work on in the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2013 8:51:56 AM PDT
Dubyac99 says:
Anything they have to complete, would have started months and months ago. The announcement of PS4 had no effect on current planning of GTAV.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2013 8:52:59 AM PDT
Dubyac99 says:
This very website has GTAV listed as a PS3 game. Hopeful, but not correct. Sorry guys, no PS4 version of this gen game, GTAV.

Posted on Apr 4, 2013 8:54:17 AM PDT
Dubyac99 says:
GTA franchise has never acted as a launch game to a new system, ever. Rockstar waits for the right time, and launches, when the bugs are out of the new system. They're smart.

Posted on Apr 30, 2013 4:42:26 PM PDT
I will wait for GTA 6 on PS4 I doubt R* will release GTA V on PS4 anytime soon, seriously, who wants a launch console now days? The 7 yr old PS3 has a New model and is thinner than ever, and runs much better than a fatty 60 GB model ever could.

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2013 9:22:56 PM PDT
Scott says:
PS4 is coming this year. Right before thanksgiving. Watch Dogs is set to release on PS3 and PS4 November 19th I believe. GTA 5 is in September. Still 2 months early. But my guess is that they will milk as many PS3 sales as possible during that time on people who HAVE to play. Then release a PS4 version along with the PC a couple months later.

Posted on May 7, 2013 9:27:41 AM PDT
hadi hammad says:
gta v out in 2013 Q3
ps4 out in 2013 Q4
so,its for ps3

Posted on May 7, 2013 3:43:08 PM PDT
Why would Rockstar waste money developing a PS4 version(which I'm sure would be a decent upgrade over the ps3 version), that won't have very many sales. Most people wait a year or two to buy the new consoles. They'll develop a PC version before then. Much more potential sales. Not to mention Rockstar, as far as I remember, has never made a launch title.

Posted on May 12, 2013 7:19:38 PM PDT
G. Nguyen says:
A PC version is more likely to come out than a PS4 imo.

Posted on May 16, 2013 9:41:19 AM PDT
It took me 44 minutes yesterday to take a dump. Coincidence? I think not.

Posted on May 19, 2013 7:07:29 PM PDT
Yes Rockstar saw that Sony was coming out with a PS4 and they will have the game ready for the PS4 in 4 months.. No Problem

Posted on May 30, 2013 11:04:07 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 30, 2013 11:05:32 AM PDT
Several game sites last month were invited to view new footage of GTA V. They were shown trailers of gameplay. Kotaku asked them if this was gameplay or just a trailer, they said gameplay. They asked if this was PS4 bc the graphics were FAR superior to the to graphics they were shown a couple months before that (better than anything they ever seen on PS3). You have to think about it, when this game comes out, it would have been delayed 1 full year. Everyone has been working on next gen engines and ideas for over a year now, im sure the big names titles probably 2 years by now. Rockstar then said GTA, NBA and other series would be coming to PS4 without answering the question, was this really PS4 gameplay not PS3. And if the game had released last october, not this october, the game would have no customization, no weapons customization, no vehicle customization, and you wouldn't have been able to purchase houses and companies like GTA VC. Look at a lot of the games coming to PS4 almost immediately, a good portion are open world and have been in development for a couple years, you think after RDR they also didnt really start working on a engine for next gen like everyone else? And this game has been delayed a full year, right around the time PS4 will release. There are games also coming to PS4, that release every month from AUG-NOV, you really think they wont just make the games release when the system comes out?

Posted on May 30, 2013 11:56:31 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 1, 2013 11:54:23 PM PDT]

Posted on May 31, 2013 12:56:15 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 31, 2013 1:14:23 AM PDT
igta5.com ... has confirmed that the ps4 has Photo to character technology meaning you can take your ps4 eye toy camera and pan it around your head from side to side like a scan then it will transfer that image onto your gta 5 character so that you can play yourself in the game. also the ps4 has speech pattern capabilities where you can speak into a microphone and dub what your character says and your voice will replace your characters voice. so that you will have your own voice and face on your character.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2013 6:50:37 AM PDT
Lionheart says:
The only problem with that theory is pre-order. People shell out cash on sites like Amazon based on the promise it will be a PS3 title. If it turns out not to be true, Rockstar has a PR nightmare on their hands. So I would say that a PS4 add-on might happen, similar to the Gay Tony and Lost titles from GTA4, but the main game will be released for X-Box and PS3, as promised, sometime in September or October. And the add-on theory can only happen if the title will be backwards compatible. Otherwise it will be GTA6 for PS4. As for graphics being better than anything ever seen on PS3 before? Well, wouldn't you expect that?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2013 6:56:51 AM PDT
Lionheart says:
Scott says "PS4 is coming this year. Right before thanksgiving. Watch Dogs is set to release on PS3 and PS4 November 19th I believe. GTA 5 is in September. Still 2 months early. But my guess is that they will milk as many PS3 sales as possible during that time on people who HAVE to play. Then release a PS4 version along with the PC a couple months later."

No, not a chance. A major release like that will have at least a year of solid pre-publicity and advertising behind it to ramp up potential sales, as happened with the PS3. It won't be just a rumor here and there five months before it happens. Smart money says PS4 will be in your home Christmas, 2014, at the earliest.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Jan 31, 2013
Latest post:  Jun 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Grand Theft Auto V - Playstation 3
Grand Theft Auto V - Playstation 3 by Rockstar Games (PlayStation 3)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (3,181)