2,492 Reviews
 (1,722)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mini-speaker!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 5:35 Mins
Published 21 months ago by DeTechTive

1.0 out of 5 stars Shuts down over and over again
Update: I contacted the company about the failed speaker and they quickly sent me a new one. I'll use this new one for a while to see how it holds up. If it works OK after a few months, I'll come back to add some more stars to this review.

****************
I've used this speaker for about a month and it initially worked great with my MP3 player. Now,...
Published on July 4, 2012 by Cowboy Bill

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mini-speaker!, December 22, 2012
This review is from: NEW AYL® Portable Mini Speaker System with 3YR GUARANTEE (Black) with Rechargeable Battery and Expandable Bass Resonator for Smartphones / Tablets / MP3 Players / Cell Phones / iPhone 5S / iPod! Great Gift for Every Occasion! (Personal Computers)
Length:: 5:35 Mins

This rechargeable mini-speaker is an great choice for anyone looking for a way to amplify your devices audio on the go. It is easy to tuck into a backpack or suit case, but its size does not take away from its superb sound quality. This speaker has a very simple and elegant pod-like design, which expands to create a much fuller sound. This small speaker does not lack sound quality. Bass is great for this size of a speaker and treble is powerful. I have tested a wide variety of music genres and all of them sound crisp and clear for personal enjoyment. The price is VERY fair for such a nice, convenient, little speaker. I would feel comfortable buying this as a gift, or recommending it to fellow consumers. You can connect the speaker to any device that has a 3.5mm audio jack. This includes ANY Apple device, Amazon Kindles, Android tablets/phones, laptops, etc. I also find the battery to last very long compared to other mini-speakers I have owned. This is a HUGE plus!

I HIGHLY recommend this item to anybody interested.

Watch my video review for an in-depth look at this device!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant surprise, May 8, 2012
Einstein (Nashville, TN, USA) - See all my reviews
I really feel in debt with the product and the seller if I don't write something about this product. I bought one of them like three weeks ago for half of price as it is now, then three of them one week after that. So I own four of them and they are all working fine.

The first one that I used, I took it out of box and began to use something like 2 hours per day, moderate or low volume, and it took about 2 weeks for the power to completely run out and have the first charge since I bought it. The battery seems very good, over my expectation.

About the sound, if you know what to expect from the size and price, you will be satisfied. I own a home theater speaker system with very high-rating Polk speakers, I have about 3 different sets of computer speakers (Bose, Boston acoustic, Altec Lansing)... so I understand what good sound means. These mini and tiny speakers will bring absolute no bass, but very clear mid range and treble. Your ears will not get tired like listening to high-end and full range sound from fancy system. It may be a little distorted if you turn the volume to maximum, but close to that, it can fill your room. It's very convenient if you want to listen to music in the kitchen or outside and don't want to bring or care about larger and more expensive speakers.

The package comes with a little speaker, a little cloth case and a cable with one end is normal USB port (for charging, can be plugged in your computer or any USB charger), one end is mini USB to plug in the speaker and one end is 3.5mm audio jack (to plug in any computer and most smart phones, tablet...). The speaker is smaller than the size of a tennis ball but bigger than an average egg (but rounder), looks cool, and light. It has blue light, will be red when charging, one on-off button. Charger and line-in port is the same thing (which is mini USB port), and use one cord for both. I will post some pictures of it so you can see.

I think this is exact the AYL speaker that used to be the best selling and highest-rating mini speaker on Amazon a few months ago. I know about it because I did research and intended to buy but I didn't, and then that speaker just disappeared, no trace or evidence about it on Amazon now, and then seller Accessorise is selling it for cheaper price and try to put different name on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Perfect, September 26, 2012
I'm an airline pilot spending about 10-12 nights a month in hotels. I needed a portable speaker for my iTouch that was simple to use and without batteries. This speaker is my new best friend.

Sound quality: Very good. I like talk radio, news, web site sounds, etc. I listen to music also, but if I only wanted this for music, I'd get something else. It's as good as a high quality radio, but for music I'd spend a little more money for higher quality sound. For my usage, I'm very happy.

Size: Larger than a golfball about the size of a plum. It's surprisingly small for the sound it emits. I pack it in my shoe for travel in the little bag it comes with.

Simplicity: It has it's own rechargeable battery and one cord. The cord plugs into the speaker. The other end has two plugs. One is the common speaker plug for your device and the other is the USB that will charge it. Directions say it will work about 12 hours on a charge. I'm still using it out of the box trying to discharge it. I'm sure it's been at least 10 hours so far. Directions say it will charge in 3 hours. It could also be used in a computer or phone or whatever has the common 3.5 mm earphone jack.

For $16, a great deal. Basically, it just works well, looks good, sounds good, and travels well!!

******UPDATE**********
After nearly six months, I have no complaints or major changes. I use it all the time and it let it discharge until it dies. It lasts so long that it's hard to guess the hours length-but I know that I've only recharged it 4 or 5 times in the six months I've owned it.

5.0 out of 5 stars THANK YOU! THIS IS IT! FANTASTIC!, September 28, 2012
Francis (Nomadic in the u.s. of a.) - See all my reviews
WOW! This was my 8th or 9th attempt in trying to find a speaker that would WORK!

AND IT WORKS! VERY, VERY, VERY WELL!!!!!!!

i can actually hear the speaker from every corner of a 15' X 7' room and i don't even need full volume! And my ears are not the best!

They GOT IT RIGHT! Right down to the packaging.

A company i could conscientiously work for! Not many of those these days )-;

If there is a negative it would be the usb and 3.5 plug on the same cord, however, because they have a LONG CORD it presents no problem for me.

Once again, THANK YOU! No more frustration but fruition of what i had hoped for!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Video Review of the Accessorise Your Life Mini Speaker, December 1, 2012
Length:: 2:31 Mins

* Update June 2013 * AYL has updated their mini speaker and given it a retractable bass chamber for resonance. Many of the other features are the same, but now the speaker can extend giving it a little more bass.

The Accessorise Your Life rechargeable mini speaker is a nice way to boost the sound volume and performance from your iPhone, iPod, iPad, or similar type of device. The size is small enough to be stashed away in a backpack, travel case... or really even a pocket!

Notes -

- UPDATE - The new version of the AYL Portable speaker feature a retractable bass resonance chamber. While it doesn't creating a booming bass you can definitely hear the difference when the speaker is extended.

- Sound Performance - Not bad considering its size. Remember the speaker is barely larger than a golf ball, so you need to temper your expectation for booming bass. However, the sound is better than you would expect, and it is better than the speakers built into my iPad.

- Rechargeable - The speaker is fully rechargeable using a USB power source. Battery life seems to be ok... I have yet to run it dry.

- It does come with a small vinyl padded case for travel

What it does not offer - these are not negatives because of the price point - but this speaker does not feature bluetooth connectivity or the ability to be used as a speakerphone.

Final Verdict - The Accessorise Your Life mini speaker is a nice value for someone looking for a small rechargeable speaker for their iPad or Smartphone.

- Please Note - I received this product for reviewing purposes

5.0 out of 5 stars A Video Review of the AYL Mini Touch, August 11, 2013
Length:: 3:53 Mins

- A note - in the video I state the AYL has two 2 watt speakers - when in fact it is two 4 watt speakers for a total of 8 watts.

I like the AYL Mini Touch bluetooth speaker. It offers better than expected sound performance in a ver small package. It offers better sound than the common single radiator style speaker. Unlike many of the small single speakers the Mini Touch can also be used for larger rooms, at campsites or at the pool.

Notes

- Features two 4 watt speakers/drivers (I misspoke in the video)- it is actually a total of 8 watts) which is loud enough to fill a medium sized room - the top of the speaker is ported allowing for a additional bass response

- The sound performance is surprising for the size - it offers a bit of bass depth but it does miss a little on the high end. You may notice more when listen to jazz or music that is focused more on the higher frequencies.

- Very small in size - about the size of three iPhones stacked on each other. I t can easily fit in the pocket of a backpack or travel pack.

- Pairs very easily - I had no issues pairing it with my iPhone or iPad

- Fully rechargeable

- Comes with a padded nylon carrying case

- While I haven't used it as a speakerphone - it can be used as a speaker phone

Final Verdict - The AYL Mini Touch packs a lot of sound performance in a relatively small package. The frequency response is shifted to lower end of the scale causing a little more bass response but at the expense of the higher frequencies. However, at this price point it features more than acceptable sound in a very compact design. Recommended

4 1/2 Stars

Please note I received this product in exchange for an unbiased review

5.0 out of 5 stars This small BoomBox wireless Bluetooth speaker packs a punch ..., August 25, 2013
Length:: 0:28 Mins

For such a small wireless speaker in this price range it definitely packs a punch. Its footprint is small and I can actually hold it in the palm of my hand. It's a perfect speaker for a cluttered desk that won't hold much or on a nightstand. The controls, which are on the top of the speaker, light up by touch. This speaker can definitely boom if you want it to, but isn't like a Logitech. It's a small speaker that you'll probably use at close range and won't need that 30 foot Bluetooth range. It's a good range that even the best of them have to offer.

As far as sound goes, it's really a performer. Audiophiles, as usual will probably take a pass, but for someone like me it's perfect. Pairing it to my iPad was very quick. The iPad searched for the "device" and almost instantaneously connected without the use of a password. I tried several different types of music and was very satisfied with the range. The twin speakers gave a nice even tone, no tinny sound, and no distortion. If you're in the market for a small Bluetooth wireless speaker, this is one you might want to take a look at.

WHAT'S IN THE BOX:

~ AYL Bluetooth wireless speaker
~ 1 Quick start guide
~ 1 USB connector
~ 1 Audio cable

SPECS:

~ Dimensions: 4.53" x 2.44" x 2.21" (115mm x 62mm x 56.2mm)
~ Weight 8 ounces
~ (Φ) 40 MM
~ Input L/R400MV
~ Power Output: 4W*2
~ S/N: 80DB
~ AMP Freq Range: 200Hz - 16Hz
~ Charge Voltage: 5V ± 0.5V
~ Suitable Temperature: 32° - 104° F (0° - 40° C)
~ Battery Capacity: 800mAh
~ Charging Time: 2 Hours
~ Playing time: 3 - 4 hours
~ Bluetooth version: 4.0
~ Bluetooth effective distance: up to 30 feet

3 Year Warranty

Sample provided for review.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Video Review of the Accessorize Portable Bluetooth Speaker, October 6, 2012
Length:: 4:22 Mins

I have reviewed several bluetooth speakers (as you can in the video portion of the review), and the Accessorise Your Life Bluetooth Speaker is a very nice combination of style, size, sound, and value. I think the key for this speaker is that it is an excellent value - I have seen similar speakers priced twice as much as the Accessorise Your Life Portable Speaker.

Notes

- The sound performance is solid considering the size. It is certainly louder and better sounding than my iPad 2, but if you are expecting loud booming sound you will likely be disappointed. Remember this is a speaker that is slightly larger than a golf ball, so for the size it does do a good job.

- 4 different colors - blue (which is my favorite), gold, silver, and zebra.

- Fully rechargeable using a mini-usb

- Pares easily with any bluetooth device (hold down the dial for 5 seconds to put the speaker in pare mode).

- Bluetooth range is probably 10-15 feet

- Features an auxiliary input for use with non-bluetooth products

- Comes with a vinyl carrying case

Final verdict - I am a fan of the Accessorise Your Life Bluetooth Speaker - it provides a nice portable solution at a very affordable price.

4 1/2 Stars

Note - I received this product for reviewing purposes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small and powerful Bluetooth speaker, October 21, 2013
Length:: 3:03 Mins

This is one of my favorite Bluetooth speakers that I use constantly around the house.

What is in the box (thick quality box):
-AYL Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker (Bluetooth 4.0[latest 2013 standard])
-Aux Cable
-Micro USB cable
-Carrying case
-Instruction Manual (stuffed in and crumbled)

How to setup using Bluetooth:
1) Turn the switch on the back to the on position
2) Find the Bluetooth Speaker on your device (Shows up as BT Speaker)
3) Tap it on your device to connect to it.
4) Once connected play a song on your device or any other audio.

The AYL Bluetooth speaker sound great and can get really loud. I really can't believe how loud it can go with how light and small it is. I really like that I can have a small, lightweight and loud speaker in my bag without adding any noticeable weight. The speaker is black with matte finish on the sides of the speaker. It is made of plastic. It has a plastic screen on the front to let sound go through. When you look at the inside of the speaker you will see that the actual speaker. On the bottom there is a grip to stop the speaker from sliding. I am really impressed with this speaker. This speaker has an aux port so you can play your non Bluetooth devices audio through this nice speaker. The aux port can be used with any aux cable (3.5mm plug on both ends). The setup was actually really easy. When I first used the speaker I did not even need to look at the instruction page that it comes with. The speaker's battery life lasted me around 3.5 hours of medium to high volume which is great. The built quality is great. It feels solid and feels like it will not break. I really like this Bluetooth speaker because out the clarity if sound and how loud it goes.
Overall, this Bluetooth speaker is outstanding and I recommend it to anyone look for a mini portable Bluetooth speaker.

Watch my video review.
I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation, and I promised that my review is fair and honest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! I use it to listen to my audio classes while cleaning, Just carry it around the house! Long batteries-USB charge, October 26, 2012
Charges through USB port on laptops/ computers etc. At the max volume it is quite loud. I am not listening to music but rather class recordings. The sound comes out very clear. Good base sounds. Very powerful for it's size and I would say it play better than a lot of radios! Great to bring in the car, the park, put in the stroller near your coffee, etc to enjoy audio while not having to wear headphones.Charges super easy and last at least 10 hours. I play it daily for at least an hour and only charge it once a week if that. It plugs into where you would normally plug in your headphones/ ear buds. I read the reviews on many such speakers before and because this one had the best customer service (they would take back any defective items free of charge and replace) that's why I chose it! Company has also contacted me after sales to make sure everything was going fine and the item was working (!!!!). definitely 5 stars. If you have kids and want to still be able to listen to lectures, religious speeches, debates, etc this is helpful as you could just put it up on a shelp, hang it on the wall, etc and hear audio . Really adventurous and you could just nail a mesh bag on the wall and out your Mp3 player/ speakers in it ! I am using a no name MP3 player bought on Amazon.

Oh and it has great packaging would make a very nice gift!

Rate and Discover Movies