5.0 out of 5 stars Gucci: The Making Of
Published on December 13, 2011 by Lilly Ford

3.0 out of 5 stars There is Different Edition !
A great book I must say.
However I am disappointed with Amazon's failure to mention there is a different edition/finishing of the same book.
At least customers can decide if the should buy this edition or a deluxed edition which comes with real ribbons and a box that
covers the book! A Gucci's Fans should buy the deluxe edition!
Published 28 days ago by Leonard

5.0 out of 5 stars Gucci: The Making Of, December 13, 2011
Lilly Ford (Los Angeles , CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GUCCI: The Making Of (Hardcover)
Another new fashion book that has been recently released, and it's again thick and heavy but loaded with fantastic photos. There are also various essays chronicling the history and the rise of Gucci as a powerful label. I haven't delved deep into the text but the few parts that I've read were interesting. The overall quality of the book is spectacular and the photos are large and very clear. There are also some sub-chapters written on a different size and color of paper acting like supplements and some of them reproduce historical records or magazine columns. The only thing that I didn't really like was the multiple shots depicting the current Creative Director Frida Giannini. Granted that she is a talented woman and she is the editor of this book, but that doesn't justify placing her first when chronicling the history of those who held the same position and preceded her, but this is just me. With that being said, this is a highly recommended addition to any fashion library and a beautiful coffee-table book as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEAUTIFUL!!!!, December 21, 2012
This review is from: GUCCI: The Making Of (Hardcover)
This book is true Gucci quality. Shows photos of their famous styles over the years, many many years. Big and heavy book for a great price. I saw it at a book store and then checked Amazon.com. I had to buy it on Amazon because it was 50% lower. You will love this book if you like Gucci quality. Also, inspiring young fashion designers would love it. I also bought the Chanel book and it is awesome also, not as big as Gucci but same inspiration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gucci, June 13, 2012
This review is from: GUCCI: The Making Of (Hardcover)
Great coffee table book, beautiful pictures and laid out very well. Gives detailed history of the designer brand. I have purchased several and given as gifts....Love it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A coffeetable collection for any luxury enthusiast, April 28, 2014
This review is from: GUCCI: The Making Of (Hardcover)
An excellent book on the making of Gucci with elaborate pictures and up to date info. A section on Tom Ford has also been included. A must have for any luxury and fashion books collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars SNEAK A PEEK @ BOOK REVIEW / SNAPSHOTS N°9 : GUCCI : THE MAKING OF - EDITED BY RIZZOLI NEW YORK, April 23, 2014

A-PRIVATE-BOOKS-COLLECTION.BLOGSPOT.COM
VISIT MY BLOGSPOT BOOK REVIEWS

MEET A PRIVATE BOOKS COLLECTION

Ivo Barnes is the founder of the blog "a private collection books". Before being founder, editor, blogger, artist / photographer, Ivo Barnes is especially a great lover of art books, fashion, architecture, design, photography, cooking books ... To tell you the whole truth, I think more seriously than I have a great addiction to books. I love books with hard covers more especially, books whose layout is attractive, books whose interior full of more exciting as each other photos, books that transport you to another dimension or exude a lifestyle that you identified. Art books can be a gift appreciated by any person, they also always find a place in your interior, near you in a library, put on a bench, or simply all arranged on your coffee table. At home , my books are arranged everywhere in my libraries on my buffets, and a large console behind the sofa. I buy books very regularly and in general when I 'm in a library better never stay too long , or leave me alone , or away from me, because I often leave with 5-6 books of art, under the arm. Being more a collector of books that a simple and basic book buyer (for my collection extends over 300 pounds), I noticed that it is very difficult to get a point of view, an idea or simply to know what the book actually looks like on the websites of publishers. Generally when the books are not purchased directly from a library or large retail chains, details and photos of books on the websites of publishers are small, often with little information or even no photo viewing for some very experienced editors/publishers. That is why I decided to create "a private collection books," to share with you my entire library. The concept of "a private collection books" is to share with you through snapshots taken with my iphone, the best parts of my books, the ones I like the most exciting, and so make you discover books that can you will be given the desire to get them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Admiration, January 24, 2014
This review is from: GUCCI: The Making Of (Hardcover)
This book is a phenomenal vivid and in-depth view on how the legendary Guccio Gucci started, how it grew, and a view of what the brand has become now. You wont find any recent pictures, (2013 or 2014) but it'll still be pretty recent. This book is amazing. a very descriptive with over 100 pictures and all. And its pretty hefty. It has to weigh about 10Lbs!

5.0 out of 5 stars An elegant book for an elegant brand, December 29, 2013
This review is from: GUCCI: The Making Of (Hardcover)
I have worn Gucci for 30 years and love the brand.This is an amazing book with fantastic photographs and great text to compliment the photos.It is comprehensive and covers the history if the brand well .if you love Gucci buy this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Gucci Lovers!, December 21, 2012
This review is from: GUCCI: The Making Of (Hardcover)
This book is absolutely beautiful! A wonderful addition if you are a Gucci lover! It is done fantastically and it is stunning!

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest Customer, November 29, 2012
This review is from: GUCCI: The Making Of (Hardcover)
LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! This book came in perfect condition, and looks as portrayed. Will look lovely, and add the perfect touch of elegance to my living room. Thanks Amazon!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars There is Different Edition !, July 25, 2014
A great book I must say.
covers the book! A Gucci's Fans should buy the deluxe edition!

GUCCI: The Making Of
GUCCI: The Making Of by Stefano Tonchi (Hardcover - November 1, 2011)
$85.00 $51.79