- File Size: 250 KB
- Print Length: 86 pages
- Publisher: David Hearn; 1st edition (March 9, 2013)
- Publication Date: March 9, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00BRSM5DO
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,388,596 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #856 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Politics & Social Sciences
- #3593 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Ideologies & Doctrines
- #3602 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Education & Reference
GUNS: The Real Shake Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
More About the Author
In 1987, at the age of seventeen, he placed second in the Wordsmith fiction competition at (then) Memphis State University with a science fiction short story called "Galaxy Press". The following year he managed to win first place in the Wordsmith fiction division with a rather controversial story (mixing the always fun and wholesome subjects of porn, lycanthropy and snuff films) titled "Obsession."
In 1991, Hearn moved to Athens, Georgia, where he worked several years for a county newspaper as a staff writer and photographer. He later attended both Truett-McConnel College and the University of Georgia, where he studied English and Literature, and Business.
Hearn tried his hand at screenplay writing in the late 1990's. He acquired an agent based in Los Angeles, who shopped around several scripts--but alas, no sale. Unwilling to relocate to LA to pursue the craft, he eventually bowed out of writing altogether for a time, working in other various lines of employment.
It was until 2010 that Hearn again seriously returned to writing, this time concentrating on short fiction, which has appeared in various horror anthologies. In March, 2013, Hearn published Guns: The Real Shake, a non-fiction retort to Stephen King's essay "Guns", as well as an examination of the current US gun control debate.
He's presently at work on the "Darker Series" a large collection of horror short stories and novellas, of which the first volume will be available May, 2013 on Amazon.
Hearn currently lives and works in Pensacola, Florida.
Top Customer Reviews
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Education & Teaching > Schools & Teaching > Education Theory
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Ideologies & Doctrines > Conservatism & Liberalism
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Education & Reference
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Politics & Social Sciences
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Teacher Resources > Education Theory
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Ideologies & Doctrines