I have just started using the Bible and the praying along with the scripture read and find that it gives added meaning to the scriptue that I have known most of my life.
Published 23 months ago by Judith M. Jones

2.0 out of 5 stars PRAY THE SCRIPTURES
I bought this because I thought perhaps they would have sample prayers like "Scripture Praying." I was very disappointed that there were no samples and it just wasn't what I thought it would be.
Published 23 months ago by Ida Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars The Plan: Eliminate the Surprising "Healthy" Foods That Are Making You..., January 17, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars The Entire Word of God Teaches Us How To Pray, May 9, 2013
This review is from: GW Pray the Scriptures Bible Hardcover (Hardcover)
Kevin Johnson in his new book, "Pray the Scriptures Bible" published by Bethany House Publishers provides us a one of a kind experiential Bible with more than 4,500 responsive prayers covering every portion of scripture.

From the back cover: YOUR DAILY COMPANION TO A LIFE OF PRAYER

Making daily prayer a habit in your life is easier than ever with the Pray the Scriptures Bible. This first-of-its-kind Bible combines the full text of GOD'S WORD Translation with thousands of prayers to pray alongside the Scriptures that inspired them.

Ideal for anyone looking to grow closer to God through prayer, the Pray the Scriptures Bible includes these special features:

* more than 4,500 new Scripture-specific prayers
* a guide to praying the Scriptures
* introduction for each book of the Bible
* articles based on major categories of prayer
* index of prayers that appear in Scripture
* a topical prayer guide

The Pray the Scriptures Bible opens a powerful avenue of conversation with God as he speaks to us through his Word. You will learn to pray with more confidence, to apply Scripture to your life, and to pray words you know God hears-and answers.

Kevin Johnson pastors Emmaus Road Church in metro Minneapolis. He began pairing Bible verses and prayers on posters for people to walk around and ponder during worship. The response to those posters led to this Bible. "Pray the Scriptures Bible" shows that the entire Word of God teaches us how to pray. "Pray the Scriptures Bible" is God's Word Translation which works to translate the original Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek texts to their closest natural English equivalent. Responsive prayers flow down the outside of every page covering every stretch of Scripture. Every Book of The Bible has an introduction that alerts you to the setting and overarching theme of a book to help you enter into the situation that drives your responsive prayers. Each introduction also highlights what you can expect to gain by praying a specific Bible book. This a wonderful version of The Bible that we will use constantly. Pastor Johnson has done a truly magnificent job with it. Not only can we use it but we can give it as gifts to our friends and family.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book for free from Bethany House Publishers. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

2.0 out of 5 stars PRAY THE SCRIPTURES, January 13, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't be without it!, June 24, 2014
This is the best Bible I have ever had. It is a contemporary translation from the Old Manuscripts, not an upgrade of former versions. The language, although respectful, is right to the point. I really appreciate, because each time I read it, the light bulbs flick on. Great bible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy I have this!, June 23, 2014
Ty (Two Harbors, Minnesota, US) - See all my reviews
I am so happy I have this on my Kindle! There are verses for every need or situation, and I love having them with me on my Kindle so I can read them anywhere!

5.0 out of 5 stars GW Pray the Scriptures Bible, Kevin Johnson - Hardcover, June 15, 2014
Joyce (Central PA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GW Pray the Scriptures Bible Hardcover (Hardcover)
I am so excited about this Bible! Easy to follow and understand, GW Pray the Scriptures Bible, is written in the most commonly used, thus, familiar language of our day. The clear and open format is laid out as a guide for all who desire to submit their prayers or petitions to God, in accordance with His instructions to us in Matthew 6:10, i.e., the "Lord's Prayer." I see this Bible as an amazing gift to all those, who desire increased maturity and effectiveness in their spiritual lives, and to those, longing to draw closer to our Lord. I have personally experienced a renewed sense of excitement in my own prayer life, since using this Bible, and am so satisfied with my choice.

I bought both the Kindle and the hard back versions, and would highly recommend either - or both - to young people and adults of all faiths, as well as to those looking to know more about God's Word, or wishing to explore the Bible more intimately. An excellent tool for Bible students of all faiths - I believe this Bible would be of great use both, in local places of worship, as well as, in schools and universities.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Quiet Time Bible..., June 1, 2014
This review is from: GW Pray the Scriptures Bible Hardcover (Hardcover)
This Bible is perfect for your private prayer time. It has prayer examples all through the text. You are able to pull a scripture and it gives you examples of how to pray using a specific scripture. I have found this very helpful, especially if you are struggling for words on a particular prayer topic. It is a good size to carry. I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good tool to help spark your own conversations with God!, January 16, 2014
I love these kind of Bibles. Easy translation to read. Any tool that helps people with conversational prayer I like.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pray the Scriptures Bible - A Review, November 22, 2013
A wonderful devotional Bible that provides hints for prayer for most of the scriptures. Most suitable for early morning or bedtime devotions, though could be used at any time a believer might want to go to the Lord in prayer. The devotional thoughts are not long, but they are helpful in directing the believer in the use of the Scriptures as a prayer book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressive., May 5, 2013
I would recomment this Bible to others who are beginning to pray the scriptures. Because this is basically a new concept we've
begun using, this Bible is especially made for scripture based prayer. Just the right timing for us.

GW Pray the Scriptures Bible Hardcover
GW Pray the Scriptures Bible Hardcover by Kevin Johnson (Hardcover - November 1, 2012)
$29.99 $21.42