Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 236 questions
votes
Theres actually no rule of thumb for radios. Line of sight with a good antenna a 500mW radio like this one will get quite far, specially if you're high up compared to the ground and outside the city. You'll get 36 miles that way. In the forest, no line of sight, near city, you'd be lucky get even get a mile... but if you have a very good radio you wouldn't get much more! Doubling the power output will give you 1.6x theoretical range (not 2x!) and not even that in reality if its not line of sight. That means if you get 1 mile with 1 watt you certainly never get 2 miles on 2 watts. For short range tho, its a good/cheap radio for sure. More expensive radios wont get you a lot further without having proper antennas and placement.
Sep 21, 2014 by kang
votes
2 miles
Sep 15, 2013 by Tina
votes
You only need a gmrs license for channels 15-22, and also for channels 1-7 only if you use more than .5W (low power). You don't need a license to use channels 1-14 at one half Watt. These radios will transmit at "high power" on channels 1-7 though, so that would require a license, although technically noone would know you were doing that, anyhoo, just getting technical here.
Jan 30, 2014 by Nozama
votes
Yes you can...at least I do anyways.
Dec 1, 2013 by Tracey Koval
votes
with the antenna each is 8 inches long and 2 1/2 inches wide, yes with them being 2 1/2 inch wide they will fit in a pocket, and depending on what size your pocket is, the length of just the radio is almost 5 inches long ... so the antenna would stick out of your pocket roughly about 3 inches hope this helps, we love ours!
Dec 14, 2013 by CritterCreekRanch
votes
Yes, as many as you purchase, you can all talk to one another. There are about 30 of us who use them to drive, keep up with each other, doing vehicle transfers and not get separated from each other, or lost.
May 19, 2014 by Bill
votes
That would work; just put them all on the same channel. Wonderful reception and ease of use. Bob
Jan 18, 2013 by Bob Bronson
vote
Volume is good. I only turn it a quarter turn, but I use it for hiking and hunting.
Apr 14, 2014 by R. S. Rehmel
vote
No I don't think so. you would need the nt1vp to talk to the coast guard and lifeguard stations. http://www.amazon.com/Midland-NT1VP-Nautico-88-Channel-Water-Resistant/dp/B0007TJ9SI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397064549&sr=8-1&keywords=NT1VP
Apr 9, 2014 by jkeff eldredge
vote
Yes it is.
Oct 31, 2014 by Daniel Joseph
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   24   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers