5.0 out of 5 stars How to order the appropriate size
Published 11 months ago by Jen

3.0 out of 5 stars Size up for comfort
Published on August 28, 2012 by zuke808

3.0 out of 5 stars Size up for comfort, August 28, 2012
I work long hours on my feet and have found wearing any maternity belt has helped relieve the round ligament and back pain I was experiencing. Although not as comfortable as my other belt, I like that it is one piece so it's easy to to remove/replace during bathroom breaks. It also feels like it breaths more, I'm not as sweaty at the end of the day as with other belts. The only problem is I got a medium and found it too small, so I do recommend sizing up. It also can be a tad uncomfortable when your sitting since it rides up and the front portion can dig into your belly. However this might be because it's getting too small for me.

For sizing, measure yourself just above your hips but beneath the "bump" to get the right fit.

Small (28-33")
Medium(33.5-38")
Large (38.5-40.5")
Xlarge(41-45.5")
2X-large (46-50.5")

I found the above sizing chart on this website.
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars How to order the appropriate size, December 30, 2013
This review is from: Gabrialla Elastic Maternity Support Belt (Medium Support), Size Medium, White (Health and Beauty)
Ladies, just wanted to give you all a tip as to ordering the appropriate size. I called ITA-med, the manufacturer, to clarify what size I need to order, and apparently, there are several versions of the sizing chart out on the internet (even here on the amazon website). Even on the manufacturer's website, the chart displayed is no longer current. He took me to a different website [...] that displays the sizes as follows:
small: 34-38"
medium: 38.5-42"
large: 42.5-46"
x large: 46.5-50"
2x large: 50.5-54"
I also asked if these measurements were pre-pregnancy or current measurements (as I am already 30 weeks), and he responded that you should use current measurements. I haven't received the maternity belt yet, but I hope that I've saved someone out there a huge headache. Good luck!

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well, runs small.., March 18, 2011
I ordered this support belt as it was recommended by a few sites and runners for the pregnant runner. It has helped tremendously, supporting my growing tummy so that I've been able to continue running (well, more of a jog now) into my sixth month. I don't feel like I'm weighted down in front or bouncing my belly all over the place, and it isn't so large that I feel awkward wearing it under a tank top or t-shirt. I do wear something underneath the band though as it rubs like anything else would. Also, really does provide great back support, which helps with posture.

My only issue with this product is that I went up a size to the medium based on other consumer's reviews, thinking this would be safe. Measurement-wise I would have fit into the small and at last dr. appt. was measuring a little below average size-wise. The medium was a perfect fit for now with about 1 - 1 1/2" of room to grow,but considering I still have 3 more months,I think the large would have been better. Ended up re-ordering in a large.

Would recommend this product, but strongly encourage ordering up at least one size or more if you plan on wearing it through the biggest months of pregnancy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Maternity Belt, April 1, 2009
Shopper from MA "Shrewsbury, MA" (Shrewsbury, MA United States) - See all my reviews
For anyone who suffers from back pain or lower abdomen pain during pregnancy - I can't recommend enough that you wear a maternity belt. It is so helpful.

I used another brand/style maternity belt for my first pregnacy and it was very helpful. I opted to purchase this Gabrialla belt because it looked like it would be an improvement on what I had. It is.

I like it because it is one piece (not three like my other one) and it is very easy to adjust once it is on. It is also not too rigid so it is pretty comfortable from that perspective.

One comment though. Try and find the sizing guide on another site to ensure you get the right size. On Amazon there was no sizing guide and I had to guess what I thought I would be. I ended up returning mine for the next size up (DrStockings was fabulous with helping with the return). Since the belt is very adjustable, I would recommend going a size up if you are between measurements.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great support - wore for running now daily, January 7, 2010
I like that the front closes then the sides can adjust to give a better/tighter fit. It seems to really get the baby up off my pelvic bone and helps with back ache, circulation, etc. I am 5'2" and this is my 3rd baby. I have had other belts with my 2 other pregnancies. I find this belt to be the most supportive and pull the baby up the most (compared to medela and belly-band belts).

I first purchased this in my 6th month so I could continue running. It provides the extra support my belly needs and is very comfortable. I was able to continue running (and am 32 weeks, still doing run/walk intervals)

I'm now in my 8th month and am wearing the belt all the time. I'm having some swelling and varicose vein issues but the belt seems to really help when I wear it consistently. I do find it comes up rather high on my back now (as the pregnancy "sway-back" gets worse) and I need to wear a tank under it to keep it from rubbing my super-sensitive pregnancy skin but that's with everything for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank goodness for this belt!, May 29, 2011
First let's discuss sizing... I was 5'7' 154 pre-pregnancy and gained 20 pounds during my pregnancy all in the bump. I ordered a large and it turned out to be the perfect size. I was not big enough to use it until about 6 months pregnant though.

Now let's discuss usefulness.... I used it when I was 6 months to have some extra support while walking (which was my only form of exercise). It provided great support. Also if you have stretching/ growing pains or round ligament pain, this is really helpful with the discomfort. However, this proved to be absolutely necessary when I hit 34 weeks. The baby dropped lower and I had a little back pain and sciatic pain. The lower abdomen pain when the baby dropped was so bad it hurt to walk. This really lifted up the weight of the baby and helped me feel so much better. Then at 36 weeks the baby started to engage and the pressure of the weight coming down on my belly was very high. This really was a lifesaver with that discomfort. I wear it anytime I am on my feet.

Now about comfort.... It is comfortable to wear against the skin. I did not experience any itchiness or anything. It is also not really visible under clothing unless you were to wear a really thin fabric. I wear fitted cotton tees and no one can see it. You may find that sitting down in a chair makes it poke into the tops of the thigh and not let your back sit at a comfortable posture. So take it off whn sitting in a hard chair or on a couch. But I can sit very comfortably on my birthing ball without having to remove it.

Breathability... There is no problem with this if you are in cool weather. But you will sweat under it when you work out or if it is summer. I wore it all spring directly against my skin under clothes and did not sweat. But as summer weather is starting, I need to wear it on top of a tank top to be comfortable because it makes me sweat under it. But with a tank top under it it is fine. Of course, I would't go out in public with it on top of clothing, but in the comfort of my own home I could care less what it looks like.

Overall, Love it and could not live without it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay but a bit uncomfortable, December 9, 2011
Hlizmarie (Connecticut, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I bought a support belt at the recommendation of my doctor's office late in my sixth month. I started having some sciatic pain on my right side and my hip was really tightening up on that side as well so the hope was that the belt may distribute the weight on my back and hip a little bit better. I've made some other lifestyle changes as well (flats or wedge heels, massage, resting more often, sitting up at my desk properly, etc) but I do think the belt has been part of the reason my back has improved. It provides support to my back without being restrictive or making me feel rigid. I can wear it under clothes next to my skin and it doesn't scratch or itch. It also doesn't make me look bulky or lumpy even with a closer fitting sweater over it. I ordered a large and it fits well on my belly which is about 42" around at the belly button. My main complaint is that I'm carrying very low so when I sit down the bottom front of the belt really digs into my groin area. It's fine when I'm standing but when I sit I'm constantly digging at it to move the front up a little. I still think the benefits of wearing it outweigh the discomfort but by the end of the workday I'm incredibly relieved to be rid of the thing. Hopefully other moms who try this product are carrying a bit higher than I am so they get all of the positives without this big negative.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helped My Low Back, July 17, 2014
I'm 30wks pregnant and bought this to help with low back pain/fatigue. I've only been wearing this 2 days (during work) but I'm already a fan. Usually by the time I get home and am prepping dinner my back is bothersome- tight, sore, fatigued. I think this support belt has really helped! I haven't felt the need for a hot pad so far.

I ordered size M and it's right for me - I measure ~ 38" just under my belly button. There are 2 different sizing charts listed by 2 different users (outlined below). Size M seems like it might fit the rest of my pregnancy AND that it would have fit me with a smaller bump- there is a decent amount of adjusting that can be done with this belt. All that being said, I feel the second sizing chart is probably more accurate.

The first day I wore the belt it took a bit of getting used to as I adjusted tightness/fit throughout the day. Day two I barely noticed it and had no issues with it riding up (I don't wear any clothing underneath). I'd consider purchasing a second one for my gym bag.

Small (28-33")

large: 42.5-46"
x large: 46.5-50"
2x large: 50.5-54"

5.0 out of 5 stars No more back pain!, June 8, 2014
I am very petite and at 30 weeks, I've already put on nearly 25% of my pre-pregnancy weight, but all in my belly. This was causing extreme upper back pain, exacerbated by sitting, that made driving and working at my desk miserable. I was at the point where I could only sit at my desk for 20 minutes before the pain was so bad I needed to go lay down. This belt is a life saver! I put it on first thing in the morning and wear it all day. I haven't had any trouble with back pain while wearing it. It's easy to put on and adjust, very comfortable, and has no scratchy edges like the more minimal support belt also by Gabrialla. I wear it with the Bella Band to reduce the visibility through my clothes. It maybe makes my back look a little stiff, but honestly, it's helping me so much I would wear it over my clothes if I had too!

It does run very small though. I have about a 40 inch waist currently and got the size large, which fits perfect. I've never worn a size large or even medium in anything, so make sure to size up even beyond what you think you'll need.

5.0 out of 5 stars This belt saved me from disability!, August 24, 2013
thriftymama (MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Ladies, do your pregnant selves a huge favor and buy this thing! I have been amazed at the relief it provides.

Unlike many reviewers here who suffer from back pain, this is my third pregnancy and I have developed terrible pelvic floor pain. (For those of you who also suffer from this, you know what I'm talking about.) During the weeks before I purchased this belt, I kept calling my doctor, telling her I couldn't stand for very long, couldn't go on walks with my kids, then couldn't even take a shower without needing to lie down afterwards to relieve the pain. Finally she suggested I buy a "maternity girdle." Not knowing what the heck that was, I of course went to Amazon.

This belt has saved me. When I first purchased it I wore it only while on my feet, but it is so helpful that I now keep it at my bedside and strap it on first thing in the morning. The velcro straps are super quick to undo in the restroom (I just attach it across my chest temporarily to avoid having to set it down anywhere). Buy the black color so if it peeks out from under your top (hello third trimester) it will just look like a Home Depot type back support instead of a weird medical device. Wear a bella band underneath to keep the belt from getting sweaty against your skin.

I browsed through the maternity support belts at Motherhood after buying this one and they seem less comfortable and more complicated (also nothing in black).

I am 5' 3'' and was 118 pounds pre-pregnancy, now 142 pounds at 28 weeks. Based on other reviews I bought size medium. I pull it as tight as it can go, so it would have been too big earlier in my pregnancy, but the medium is okay because it will last me to the end.

My pain is by no means gone; it is still difficult to make it all the way through Costco. But at least I can take care of my kids and do minimal housework until the baby arrives.