Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback STEM

on March 13, 2012
Volvo's are prone to Spring Seat failure/breaking so the entire Strut Assembly must be removed and disassembled in order to replace the Spring Seat.

Mine had the OE Strut Assembly so except for the Bellow Boot, Bump Stop and Spring everything else required to be replaced. Save time, labor and money plus the hassle of using a Spring Compressor. Just snap these in (sort of). If you have the basic DIY tools this is literally removal of the tire, unbolting the sway bar link, unplug and sliding off the ABS sensor line, 3 bolts on the Strut Mount and the 2 large Steering Knuckle Bolts and your in and out. 1.5 to 2.5 hours beginning to end depending on your skill level and tools. Of course you need to replace both sides and get an alignment after the installation. Be sure to check some websites such as Mathew's Volvo for detailed pictorial instructions and follow Manufacturer Torque Specs for all the Nuts and Bolts.

The ride is like being on marshmallows but very taut when you encounter bumps. I would assume other cars may not be as taut as Volvo's are designed that way. Also installed the Rear Gas Shocks from Gabriel. Rides so smooth I am not use to the marshmallow feel yet and the car is much quieter over all even though they are on 5 year old tires in need of replacement. Time will tell how they hold out. ENJOY and BLESSINGS!
44 comments|15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 29, 2013
The ease of installation is one of the major selling points of this product. I was not disappointed. Installation only took me about 1:30 from start to finish to do both sides on a 1993 Volvo 850. Initial performance of the product has also been outstanding. Can't speak about the longevity yet but things do look promising. Remember to get your front end aligned after installation.
on July 21, 2015
Bought a set for my 2000 S70.
Huge difference after replacements, good quality, easy to replace.

Here are the points I'd like to make regarding the item.
I had a difficulty screwing the brake line bracket to the assembly, I probably spent more time doing this that replacing hole assembly. I quit after trying like 10 minitues. Used zip ties instead of provided small screws after installing the assembly.
As one of the reviewer mentioned, it lifts the front of the car about 1.25in, I measured the height of fender as 25.75in before replacement, and 27in after. No big deal.
review image review image review image review image
on November 24, 2013
I purchased these for a 1998 Volvo v70. Quality seemed very good and the install was incredibly easy. I was able to leave my spring compressor and special Volvo socket tools in the tool box. Having replaced struts on Volvo models the hard way, I can definitely appreciate the near plug and play convenience of these. I think it took me about an hour for each side. Ride quality is greatly improved over the worn units that were replaced.

I'll try to update this as time progresses.
on January 19, 2014
The price and the fact these were fully assm. was the reason I bought these struts. The tech who installed them said he did have to modify the bracket for the brake line but said it was not a big deal, the old Volvo rides a lot nicer now! I would definitely buy again if need be. Shipping was reasonably fast, no problems with purchase - would highly recommend!
on July 5, 2014
I install this strut on a 98/ S70. The ride is not harsh, may be a little softer when compared to OEM. I only gave it 4 stars because I am not sure how it will perform over time, especially with all the pot holes that we have here in the Midwest!
on May 16, 2012
I started to replace my worn coil spring seats but once I got the old strut off I discovered the upper strut mount was worn out.

Going the route of buying the whole unit was cheaper and saved allot of time, I have had to compress coil springs before and it isn't fun.

Plus this way I have new springs on the car also.
on March 17, 2013
I have never replaced replace a Strut and this completed assembly were so easy to do. It took less than one hour replace both. My 2000 Volvo ride a lot smoother now. Gabirel should make one for all mkes.
on September 6, 2014
Easy to install on my 2000 Volvo V70 (fwd, n/a engine), but it has lifted the front end about 1 inch and now there is a larger gap between the tire and fender than before. The price was good, a real consideration due to the car's age. In retrospect I would have been better off with an strut more suited to this car and proper spring, but I have no regrets due to the time and money savings.
on May 31, 2015
Installed these yesterday in my 1994 Volvo 850 base model (front left and right). Took about 3-4 hours to install with the help of my friend. Cars front end has risen a few inches and no longer hits curbs when parking. These don't really provide a soft ride like I imagined but that maybe due to the nitrogen in the old tires of my volvo.