Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Gaiam All Grip Yoga Socks Grey Dots, Medium/Large
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Size: Medium/Large|Color: Black/Grey|Change
Price:$7.19+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on August 22, 2011
I purchased a pair of the Gaim All Grip and a pair of ToeSox on Amazon so I can compare the two products. I take a Pilates based Barre and Kettlebell class and do a lot of planks and pushups. These socks did NOT stay on my feet when I am planking or doing pushups and all my toes end up sliding out of the sock (not entirely but my toes definitely don't stay in the toes part). Does not make for effective planking. ToeSox on the other hand stayed really put on my feet and provided the grip I needed. I am not sure if its because it was the wrong size, but I purchased a small for my size 6.5 feet and I even tried shrinking them in the wash. Still slipped out. If you don't do such exercises, these socks are fine otherwise.
22 comments|98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2012
I recently started taking yoga and on the first day I wore just regular socks knowing my clammy feet would be an issue, but NOT knowing how unsturdy on the mat I was in cotton socks, trying to hold positions like planking or downward facing dog. Then I tried taking a class without any socks, but again it was difficult doing the positions previously mentioned because my feet sweat and I was slipping all over the place. Embarrassing...

Though I didn't purchase this item from Amazon (I saw them in the yoga/pilates aisle at Target), I wanted to post a review anyway for anyone else that may want to purchase these socks for a similar reason.

I am a Women's size 10 1/2 W (sometimes a 10, sometimes an 11) and the Small/Medium fits great, not too big nor small (to my surprise!). I stick like a fly on the wall with these socks. They're comfortable, the sectioned toes don't dig into my skin, my feet don't get hot (they don't get too cold either), and they conform nicely to the shape of the foot. I will say, though, that I don't completely lift my feet when transitioning so they sweep along the mat a little, so sometimes the toes or heel may get a little twisted (which isn't uncomfortable and EASILY fixable) but bottom line: They STAY ON! I read some reviews where the socks are slipping off their feet? Geez... unless they're break-dancing, I can't see how.

Anyway, the size, the fit, and the stick do the job magnificently. I would recommend these socks for people with clammy feet or for people who just need a little extra grip to their mat.
on December 14, 2008
When I did sun salutations, these socks slipped off the backs of my feet. I also did not feel stable in the warrior series. They are OK if you aren't moving around a lot.
VINE VOICEon January 9, 2010
My feet are always freezing in yoga class and I could never wear socks because they'd slide all over my feet and slip on the mat and become really annoying. I thought I would solve that problem by buying these socks and was sorely disappointed. They were only slightly better than my cheapo socks, but at 10 times the price. Luckily I did find another brand that does have grippers on the bottom that really work, but don't waste your money on these.

I thought I would at least recycle them as house slippers but have found they are even worthless for that since they are pretty thin and of course very short, so they don't keep my feet warm at all. Bummer.... total waste of money for me.
66 comments|47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 8, 2011
I bought three different brands of toe sox on Amazon. The other two were really good, and I had a feeling these wouldn't be, but I thought I'd take a chance because of the low price.

There are two sizes; I got the M-L, which was supposed to be, and I guess barely is, big enough for me (I wear a size 10 1/2 or 44).
If they shrink a little, though, they won't work. If you wear anything more than a 44, it won't work.
They actually do fit well on all five toes, which the other brands do as well, and they're OK for comfort, movement, traction.

I might have even bought another pair, because of possibly adequate quality and very low price, and hey, they're only socks-- except I've worn them a few hours now, and there is already a hole in one toe! Someone else said they look and feel cheap, which is sort of true, but not too bad in my opinion, and that she's finding that the little nubs or buttons come off, so there's a lot of evidence that the quality just doesn't make it.
on September 22, 2010
These socks slipped off the backs of my feet - I guess that they are good for yoga beginners only. Product looks and feels very cheap - so I am not going to use them anymore. I also purchased gloves from the same company - got them returned.
VINE VOICEon September 2, 2009
These are great. I wear them to Nia class. Nia is a dance fitness program that borrows from many movement disciplines modern dance, jazz dance, yoga and martial arts. The classes are a lot of fun. They are usually done barefoot and these socks add just a little extra protection and ideal traction to the bottoms of my feet, not to mention leaving me with clean feet. In fact I like to put heavy duty cream on my feet before donning these socks and my feet end up feeling great.

I have done yoga in them as well, in a hotel room when I did not have a mat, and they worked fine.

My only complaint or concern is that the little nubs on the bottom tend to come off rather easily. So far, however, I am retaining good traction with about a third of the nubs missing. Meanwhile I have bought several pairs of these because I like them so much. I wash them gently and lay flat to dry to maximize their useful life.
on May 30, 2011
I have just started exercising at home and have been reminded of my personal quirks. One of which is that I cannot stand the feel of carpet or yoga mats on my bare feet. These socks are GREAT! They not only take care of my sensory issues, but also keep me from sliding around unnecessarily. I loved them so much that I ended up ordering the matching gloves!
on February 10, 2012
I bought these socks instead of ToeSox Full Toe with Grip Yoga/Pilates Toe Socks because they were quite a bit less expensive. However, it's a case of getting what I paid for. I have a pair of Toe Sox and love them. They're comfortable, with good grippiness on the bottoms and a nice thick knit. These are made of a thinner knit, with less grip and not as good a fit. (If you look at the picture of the model, you can see that they barely come up to her ankles.) Next time I'm sticking with the Toe Sox.
on October 27, 2012
I purchased this item and the one's with the toe cut outs and I must say, the toe cut outs are better. This item are great for walking around the house or doing light yoga poses. However, for poses such as downward dog, cobra, etc. it is best to choose the to cut outs, b/c you will find your toes coming out if its slots and spending more time putting your toes back in its rightful place than on your poses. Although this was a great concept, the ridges at the bottom provides very little support, therefore making this item a useless purchase. If you decide to purchase it anyway, you will find yourself writing the same type of review :-/