Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Gaiam Pilates Body Sculpting Workout Kit: Pilates Ball & DVD
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 6, 2009
I have been using Winsor Pilates Ab Sculping DVD for the past several years and really needed a new routine. Based on the other reviews, I decided to purchase this ball and DVD set. I would recommend this set if you've struggled with other pilates ab exercises, as the ball really does help you properly align and tone your core. However, I would not recommend this to a seasoned pilates exerciser, as you may not be challenged enough. Ana Caban's moves are fresh to me, and I found that I prefer Ana's variations on many moves such as Teasers and Rolling Like a Ball over Mari Winsor's moves. Ana's instruction is very easy to understand, and I enjoy the one-on-one feel to this DVD over the Winsor studio DVDs. As with most Gaiam DVDs, the scenery is beautiful and the music selection is inspiring. I will probably buy more of Ana Caban's pilates DVDs in the future, as I was very pleased with this one but it's not challenging enough for me. I usually follow this routine with about 40 minutes of yoga. Lastly, I gave this set 4 stars because the ball was not the same size as the one Ana is using in the DVD. The one I received was 6 inches as described, but Ana's looks to be closer to 7.5 inches. Using a smaller ball does make the workout more difficult, which is good, but may be disappointing for other users.
on November 6, 2008
the pilates sculpting ball and accompanying DVD are great. the ball is much smaller and easier to store than large stability balls and is great for providing balance and some resistance. Ana Caban has you add the ball to various standard pilates positions, making you focus on having better form when doing the exercises.
on May 28, 2009
I have forearm tendonitis in both arms and even though it is getting better I'm not ready to get back on my pilates machine. I thought I'd try this workout and I'm VERY glad I purchased it. It's a wonderful workout and I've only been doing it for one week and can already feel a difference, particularly in my ab area. Don't hesitate, you'll love it!
on September 2, 2009
This is my workout for days when i'm just too tired to do my full routine. It's easy to follow the instructor, and the exercises themselves are fairly easy as well. The dvd is about 20-30 minutes long.

Note that the ball itself is not heavy (as i was expecting). It's just a regular pilates ball which is filled with air.
on April 8, 2013
I've done pilates yoga videos in the past, not straight pilates. This was a good, quick workout at just over 30 minutes. There is no warm-up though. It went quickly from one move to the next, with not a second to spare, which is good if you are in great shape, but I needed 5 seconds to take a breathe at times! I have vestibular migraines (they are migraines that make you dizzy) and on an OK day, I did this video for the first time. By the time we got to the legs portion (laying down on side about half way through) I was quite dizzy. I pushed to get through the workout, but haven't done it since. I'm not sure if it was the positions that really triggered the dizziness, or if I just had a bad day. The ball being smaller than what she used in the video did not bother me. I would recommend this and although it is not hard core, if you aren't experienced, be prepared for a decent workout!
on June 8, 2011
The video shows a good core workout, but my only complaint is that the ball you buy is a lot smaller than the one the woman uses in the video. This ball is 6" in diameter and the one she uses is more like 8 or 10". Not a huge deal, but I had ball envy.
on February 4, 2010
This product is a joke - its not worth the money asked for - the DVD in the box did not contain enough and barely required the ball to do the exercises - I actually thought that I was purchasing a pilates squishy ball not a hard unweighted ball. I do not recommend the purchase of this product.
on July 29, 2013
This was a good buy and it's of good quality. However, the ball is much lighter than I thought it would be and didn't really feel like it was giving much of a workout. The video is great though and it was shipped very quickly.
on June 16, 2013
The ball is almost like a personal trainer. You have to keep correct alignment in order to stabilize it. Plus it is fun to use and adds variety. However, the ball packaged with the video is smaller than the one used in the video. It is pretty cheap, but should last as you are not throwing the ball or anything. You just hold it. It worth the money for the workout dvd.
on June 23, 2013
It's a ball and a DVD. DVD is a good workout. Many have commented that the ball needs to be bigger and softer. Well, it's fine. It's not the soft squishy ball that I use in my pilates class, but it works just fine. Glad I bought this product.