Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on October 18, 2010
I'm using a Dell Latitude D830, which is apparently so old that even Dell.com doesn't sell batteries for it anymore. I wasn't sure about this product because of the few reviews, but I risked it and bought it anyway. I am very happy with this battery and I get about 8 hours of charge. Also it doesn't fall out like my old battery tended to, which is a plus.
on January 6, 2012
I bought one of these supper-capacity battery for my Dell D830 in September, 2011 from ATC LLC. It could only run my D830 for less than two hours when it was new, not any longer than the cheaper ones like the one I previously bought from another seller (TechOrbits, I don't work for this company). The gaisar battery failed in 4 months which did not surprise me too much as that is likely to happen with these li-ion batteries. Amazon's 90-day return time window has expired, but the battery has 1-year warranty. So I got "Gaisar" - the manufacturer's phone number from Amazon, and called them. But the guy of "Gaisar" in California told me the seller - ATC LLC is not their authorized dealer, and therefor they would not be responsible for the batteries from ATC LLC, and I should contact ATC. Amazon does not have ATC's phone number, but I managed to dig it out with google. I then called ATC. But the lady at ATC told me that I should talked to Amazon as the battery I bought was a "FBA", and would not give me a refund or exchange the failed battery. So I finally had to talk to Amazon again. Amazon initially suggested that I talk to the manufacturer - Gaisar for the warranty, but after I told them the whole story, Amazon agreed to issue me a refund - which is good.
My final advice - avoid Gaisar line batteries for the reason of difficult return/exchange. There are better sellers on Amazon, like TechOrbits (again, I don't work for TechOrbits), they have easy return policies.
on January 13, 2012
My laptop apparently had worse problems than the battery, which worked fine. However, it's infuriating to pay for a 7800 mAh battery and receive one that's clearly labeled 6600 mAh.
on September 15, 2010
Battery performs well. The only issue I've had is that Windows indicates the battery is slowly (over a weeks time) losing charge while charging (never below 91%). I simply run off of battery for a while and the next charge is back to 100%.

I'd buy this battery again.
on April 14, 2010
This costs less than 1/2 the price of the Dell 9 cell battery. I have had the battery for about a month now and it gives about 5 hours of charge which is actually better than the Dell battery I had in my laptop.
on June 20, 2011
I was a little skeptical at purchasing this battery but so far it has performed as a battery should except for one time when it had a poor performance. The battery discharged after only about 30 minutes. I know it was fully charged because I had it on the charger overnight and this incident happened immediately after I disconnected the charger. I have not had any other incident like this since. The battery fits well. I did initiate the battery as instructed in the guidelines.
on June 6, 2015
Doesn't last long. I'm lucky to get much more than an hours use from it. Should be closer to three hours. To get the built in battery level LEDs to work you have to press the "spot" really really hard. I was afraid I was going to break it. Given the generally poor performance so many people report for these cheap replacements I didn't think it worth the trouble to return it and hope for something better. All these replacement batteries seem like you are rolling the dice.
on March 27, 2013
I returned the first battery as my laptop suddenly shut off (without warning and not gracefully) when there was still 40% of the charge left. Got the second battery, trying it out now, but it appears to show the same problem, only this time at 60% charge remaining. I am currently going through their suggested 'seasoning' process of fully charging and discharging the battery 3 times to see if that improves the battery's operation. I am not holding my breath, though, as I fear it is going to fail as before.

Update 5/1/2013. The battery worked well for about a week, and it is now back to it's old tricks. It spontaneously cuts off and causes the computer to shut off with no warning with 60% charge still left. This is the same effect as causing the computer to crash, so you lose any work that you haven't saved. I can only expect to use the battery for less than 90 minutes and then need to plug it back in.

I would definitely avoid this battery.
on September 11, 2011
I was very pleased with the battery I purchased. I had not been able to move around with my laptop for a long time as once I unplugged it the power was gone. This has allowed to to become mobile again.
on April 5, 2015
This was a difficult purchase. The reviews for these items (from many sources) were SUCH a mixed bag. Mine has been working great for about 6 months now. SO happy I didn't shell out over $100 for a factory one - which by many accounts wasn't a guarantee of success either.