Galaxina, 25th Anniversary Special Edition
72% Off "White Collar: The Con-Plete Series" on DVD
Today only, save 72% on "White Collar: The Con-Plete Series." This boxed set contains all 6 seasons and 81 episodes, along with loads of bonus content. This offer ends at 11:59 p.m. (PT) on Saturday, February 6th, 2016. Learn more
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I've always been a cult comedy and sci-fi movie buff, and this has some hilarious scenes, including the colony of space bikers who worship their Lord, "Ha-Ley David San AH-OOM, AH-OOM." Rock Eater utters his famous insult at the Captain, and don't forget THE BLUE STAR aaaahhhhhhhhhh! Galaxina is always calm, cool, shockingly electric in more than just design, and of course there are the typical crew of space cowboys with one who wants to be more than a crewmate with Galaxina, just to mix it up with the hero/heroine approach. I think the director did a wonderful job at corny comedy sci-fi, and I hope in the future a better release film-quality-wise is produced than what is currently on the market.
Oh my aching gyros....!
Examples of how bad it really is?
- The character "Mr. Spot" has ears that point downward and, just in case you didn't get the joke, wears a turtleneck shirt with an upside down Starfleet badge.
- The primary bad guy looks like something out of The Mikado instead of an evil space alien.
- Look for the Batmobile...on the Western set that is supposed to be one of the planets.
- Neither Galaxina, the robotic space babe (voluptuous Playboy playmate Dorothy Stratten, who was murdered shortly after the film was released), nor her hunky love interest, Thor, have any funny lines. None. Those were all apparently "reserved" for Avery Schreiber (Captain Butt), although his are so bad that they probably should have been scrubbed, as well.
- Thor is repeatedly rebuffed, in his advances upon Galaxina, by her built-in electric shock force field. The maximum laughter potential here comes from a "No wonder I'm Thor" line the first time it happens. That's it, except they attempt different versions of that multiple times....and it's almost as much of a gutbuster in the film as my description here is.
I do suggest you see this, because it's too awful not to. Buy it? Well...only if you have the devoted taste for absurdly bad movies and TV shows that I do. Ohhh, the pain. The pain!!!!
The sex part? THERE ISN'T ANY. Not unless you count the scene in the space bordello, which is neither sexy nor funny. So the movie fails on both counts; it's not funny, and it's not sexy. It just sort of flops around from disconnected scene to disconnected scene. All the guys in the movie are slimy cheeseballs with open shirts and ASCOTS. And then there's Avery Schreiber. Avery Schreiber. Who told this guy he was funny? Can we sue them? Was he funny? Ever?
And what was this movie shot on? I mean, the whole film is blurry. It's out of focus all the way through. I've seen MP3's with better image resolution than this movie.
The only thing that might make this dreadful failure worth watching at all, for even five seconds, is Dorothy Stratton. Poor Dorothy. She can't act, of course, but she is beautiful, even in the sublimely stupid outfits they put her in here. And she goes through this thing like a trooper, doing exactly what she's supposed to, which is act like a robot.
Trust me, this movie's not even good no matter how many of whatever substances you imbibe. It's too awful to even make fun of. It's just plain awful. Unless you are absolutely obsessed with Dorothy Stratton or you have some weird need to collect every bad science fiction movie ever made, avoid this like the plague.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Funny movie and rather ridiculous. But most was filmed at one of our work facilities!Published 1 month ago by John Kokoska
get all blu ray classic sci-fi and horror movies before corps start phazing dvds and blu rays out in the near future .Published 8 months ago by ANTON PHIBES
Was pretty good as a drive in theater movie a very long time ago. Now, it is more of an acquired taste. A little below Ice Pirates if you have ever seen that movie. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Steve Green
I think Galaxina is a good B movie. This was Dorethy Strattons first movie. But there is history behind the actor Dorthy Stratton. She was a Play Boy bunny and centerfold. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Mr M
Don't write this film off just because it has flaws. Galaxina contains thematic elements similar to Metropolis, Forbidden Planet, Pygmalion, Bicentennial Man, Artificial... Read morePublished 21 months ago by K&D
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > Special Editions
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Robots & Androids
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials