3,666 Reviews
 (2,787)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for auto collisions! Who knew?
Published 3 months ago by QC20203

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Protection; Coloration Off
Published 8 months ago by Mitch

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for auto collisions! Who knew?, September 25, 2014
QC20203 (Charlotte, NC, US) - See all my reviews
So I wasn't going to write a review but I was in an auto collision yesterday. My phone was in this case on the center console. I got t-boned on the passenger side. My side wall air bags deployed and I was pushed across a couple lanes of traffic. After the accident I could not find my phone. It wasn't by my feet or in the back or next to my seat. I later found my phone had gone through the closed passenger side window and I found it in the street about 10 feet behind my car, face down. My phone was completely functional without a scratch or crack. The case has a couple small scuffs on it. Oh, I'm ok too! But I had to come back and vouch for this phone case!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, April 11, 2014
The case fits the phone very well and seems like it will protect the phone well. I was very impressed when I received an email from the manufacturer. They stated they had updated the design of the internal layer and that I would be receiving a new one soon. I never expected that level of service and support for such a relatively inexpensive phone case. I'm very pleased with this purchase and would strongly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Protection without Bulkiness, June 17, 2014
This review is from: Galaxy S5 Case, Spigen Tough Armor Case for Galaxy S5 - Retail Packaging - Smooth Black (SGP10761) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
When I got my new Samsung S5 at the retailer's store, rather than pick a case from their limited selection, I opted to spend a bit more time searching online, and I came across the Spigen line. I love the Tough Armor Case. It's protective without being bulky. It's easy to take off and put back on as well. I have accidentally dropped my phone from kitchen counter height several times onto hardwood flooring and the case absorbed the impact with just one or two small bounces. The slim profile allows me to slip the phone in and out of the little pocket inside my handbag with ease. A lot of other brand's cases have those huge rubber corner bumpers that are so big that the phone would not fit into that same pocket. The case is easy to wipe clean of grease and fingerprints with a soft damp cloth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough, Durable and Almost Perfect, July 21, 2014
Note: I did find a good slim case that I like a lot. You might want to check this one out if you don't like bulky cases: S5 Slim Indestructible Black Case.

This is a pretty tough case indeed. I'm often in the field for my job and can tell you this is durable and keeps your phone safe, even in some rough conditions. If it didn't LOOK bulky, I think it would be absolutely perfect. Don't get me wrong, it isn't too much onto the phone. It's simply the design that gives it the illusion that it's large. That may be your thing, though.

If you complain about the colors, I guess I can see that - I like to keep it simple and am very satisfied with what options are available for this specific case. They aren't messing around with frou frou! Ha.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case., April 22, 2014
I received this today in the mail. Great looking case. I picked up the Gun Metal colored case. I upgraded from an GS3 with the armor series from Otterbox. I have used Otterbox since my very first Galaxy Vibrant and have been happy, only downside was the price. Between my wife and I we have tried the Commuter, Defender, Armor series. The Armor series was the last I had for the SG3 and my wife basically laughed at its size. I decided to give Spigen a chance and Im glad I did!

The buttons are a LOT easier to press compared to an Otterbox. I also had no trouble using the heart rate scanner after putting the case on. Comparing this to an Otterbox I would say its in between the Commuter case and the Defender series. Its tougher then the commuter but maybe not as much cushion of the Defender. As far as aesthetics though its a great looking case. I think it looks better then an Otterbox imo. Its very well constructed and does fit exactly.

The PRICE is nice. I always wondered why Otterbox cases were so spendy.

If I could change anything I might make the lip of the case go out a little further from the face to give it just a tad more protection from a face plant, but that's about it. Great quality case for the price. Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Protection; Coloration Off, April 28, 2014
I bought this case because I wanted something that would protect the phone. The fit is great - not bulky but not too dinky, either, and I think that it does its job at protecting quite well. The biggest problem in terms of protection that I have is that the case is extremely slippery, and you will - without doubt - drop it once in a while if you use one hand to hold it. It does get quite annoying that the bevel near the charging port is so extreme and close, so it's quite tricky to uncover the port when you go to charge it.

The most disappointing part of this product is that the color is not as advertised. I bought the gunmetal grey case because I liked the color shown in the picture. However, the color pictured is not the color of the case. The grey has a sort of yellowish/goldish tint, and it looks a lot more pewter than it does grey. In some lights, it looks grey, but in the sunlight and in most other lights, it looks pewter. I'm not a fan of pewter, by the way, so I'm currently shopping for a different case. I have uploaded a photo for those who wish to see what it looks like in real life to see if the coloration is a deciding factor. It may not be for everyone else, but it was for me. [...]

So, if you're looking for a case that protects your phone and don't mind the hassle of struggling to open the charging port once in a while, then go for this case. However, if you're looking at buying grey, I would suggest you look at a different color because what you'll get is a dark pewter instead of gunmetal grey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Might be the best phone case I've ever had, April 21, 2014
Mark Fenix (St. Louis, MO USA) - See all my reviews
I was wary when I read many of these reviews. But I figured for $20, it's worth a shot. The biggest problems I feared I would encounter were:

1. The heart rate sensor would be unusable. This is not the case. Gently placing my (large, adult man proportioned) finger over the sensor did the trick, and had no more or less trouble being read than without the case.

2. That the charging door would be difficult to access. As a chronic nail-biter, it obviously did make it slightly mroe difficult. But my tiny nails can squeeze in.

3. The case wouldn't fit well. This couldn't be further from the truth. I've gone through many cases, and this one is the most perfectly-fitting one I've ever seen. Looking at the back of the phone with the case on, it seems like the phone was designed to fit in the case as much as the other way around. My only (very minor) peeve is that you can make out a sliver of silver on the front, around the edges. This seems intentional, and thus is really just personal preference.

As was mentioned in another review, the only thing that could make this case any better is a kick-stand. Granted, that might detract from how slim and sexy the case is, but I'd drop another $20-$40 for a kickstand case based on this one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sleek, attractive, no protection., September 23, 2014
I got this case after trying a few others for the S5. My fiance and I both had the slim armor cases by Spigen for our S5's. I was very happy with these - they seemed to protect moderately, while still maintaining a slim profile. This changed when my Fiance broke her screen with the case on at a measly 1-foot drop to pavement (from her lap). I tried the Ballistic Tough Jacket/MAXX series. I was very happy with the protection that these cases offered, however, they were incredibly bulky, and the rubbery edges tended to attract all sorts of cling, and made it impossible to put the phone in my pocket. I left this case on her phone for ultimate protection, and went back to my Slim Armor.

While I love the Slim Armor's feel and functionality, I'm not sure how well it would survive a drop. I decided to try this case - The Tough Armor. I opted for the Slate color just because I liked that it was less bland - And the gold is just not my taste. I did pay extra for this color but I don't mind as the case was still relatively inexpensive compared to a lot of the other quality case brands on the market.

Needless to say, this case is everything I wanted it to be. It seems like it will protect quite well - Somewhere between the Slim Armor and the Ballistic case that I had prior. It is also at a fraction of the profile of the Ballistic, not to mention cheaper than the MAXX.

Best of all, this case is attractive and slides into and out of the pocket with ease. I am a pocket user and I don't see that ever changing. I tried to use the hollster clip with other cases, and I just can't do it. I prefer the hard plastic/TPU cases with a slim profile like this one, since it makes pocket use very easy, and it doesn't attract lint etc.

Another very strong point I like about this case is that while it *IS* two pieces (some people may review claiming it is one piece, they just have not removed the inside from the shell), it functions like one. It is very easy to take off if you need to clean it, or get access to the battery compartment. I do a lot of battery swapping, and this case makes that easy. The Ballistic case took a good minute to get back on and aligned properly. The Spigen Tough Armor goes back on in about 2 seconds, aligns perfectly, and hugs the phone tightly. No play or looseness in the case.

Lastly, Spigen warranties all of their products. While I did complain about the Slim Armor and got nowhere with customer service, I believe it is more of a fault of the damage that occurred rather than the case. Cases can't protect against everything, nor are they necessarily designed to, but I believe that the Tough Armor is the best of all worlds - Slim Profile, attractive, and protective.

Edit: 10/15/14 - As you can see, I was very happy with this case. It's slim, attractive, and doesn't hurt functionality. Today, I dropped my phone for the first time with the case on it. About 3 feet from my pocket to the ground, landed face or corner-first. Screen shattered. This is the second drop I've had with a Spigen case, both of which resulted in screen shatters (the other was my fiance's S5 with the Slim Armor). I've lost faith in this brand to protect, although their cases are attractive and pocket friendly. I believe they are to protect from nothing more than scratches. If you're going to use the S5 without insurance, do not use a Spigen case unless you plan to replace the phone. I'll still leave 3 stars on the review because of the good features of the case.

4.0 out of 5 stars Outer plastic shell makes the phone more slippery [Update April 19, 2014 buy the Smooth Black], April 13, 2014
Rob (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
Purchased the Gunmetal Grey option.

Coming from the SGS3 one thing I was surprised when I first took out the SGS5 is the back cover is not a glossy plastic finish but a faux leather like on the Galaxy Note 3 which grips amazingly in my hand.

I don't know if say the dotted pattern and the solid color version has a difference in grip, but putting on this case though reduces the grip of the phone with it's outer plastic shell which I think can become an issue with more accidental drops than without using the case. Even holding the phone with the glass to my palm grips better than the outer plastic shell.

Spigen, if you are reading our reviews. Will there be grippy version of the outer shell? An example is the Incipio DualPro cases where the hard outer shell is rubberized but the downside to that case is the silicone layer which on my SGS3, made removing and putting the phone in my pants pocket harder than it should.

Pros:
-Rigid TPU inner layer that doesn't attract lint and dust like silicone versions.
-Lips and raised feet on the front and rear of the case.
-Fits tight around the phone.

Cons:
-Flush buttons makes it harder to find and press without looking. This can be fixed eventually with spending more time with the phone and case.
-Plastic outer shell makes the phone more slippery than just the phone alone! This is will probably be the factor for people who are looking for a case. The faux leather cover Samsung has is amazing. It would be great to have this reproduced for the hard outer shell or just have some rubberized layer coated on top.

Other notes:
For the early purchasers I was greeted by an email from Spigen with a revised inner TPU that they will be sending out for free to help improve access to the USB 3.0 cover.

"Our dedicated production team has made some small adjustments to the Galaxy S5 Tough Armor TPU (the rubber-like body with the amazing air-cushion technology) to better fit your needs and convenience. We have improved the data port for easier access. Your new TPU body of the case will be shipped separately.

This is going to make this great case even greater!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE April 19, 2014. 4 star adjusted

Upon browsing and not getting a straight answer from asking the Speigen Amazon reps. I was able to find out the Smooth Black version is the one I want and probably the one everyone wants to get. It does in fact have a rubberized "SF" soft feel coating that makes the outer hard sell not slippery at all compared to at least the Gunmetal Grey color. I'll be submitting a picture comparing the two outer shells with some reflection of daylight to the user submitted photos.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best S5 case!, July 21, 2014
This case is amazing! My dad got me this case and I am very impressed! The case features a two-piece construction with the colored outer piece which is a hard plastic shell and a TPU rubber inner case. The rubber is pretty hard and a bit stiff which will wear in with time. The edges of the rubber case are a bit rough but it gives the case a good grip. The openings for the IR blaster, mics, charging port, and auxiliary jacks are nice and open so there is no interference with mic quality, auxiliary jack fit, and ability to flip open the charging port cover. All buttons (Power button and volume rocker) are covered with the TPU rubber so they won't get scuffed. There is a rubber lip on the screen side to prevent the screen getting scratched and it is raised enough to accompany a screen protector. There is 4 rubber risers on the back also to help the case and phone not slide around and to keep the camera and heart rate monitor raised to keep them from getting scratched. The risers also prevent the back of the case from getting scratched. The speaker of the phone has holes cut out for it and sound quality is not hindered. The finger print scanner is also fully accessible and there aren't any problems with it with the case on the phone. The rubber around the heart rate monitor is also chamfered so your finger fits into it closely and comfortably. The angled design is not only aesthetically pleasing but it is also very comfortable to hold and it provides grip. All in all this is a very good looking case this is very thin, considering its level of protection for your phone, and is very cheap yet high in quality. This case is a must have!