5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Great
Well considering I went from a radeon 6450 to this. It is beyond a stunning difference in performance. i wouldn't pay $100 for the product but well worth it for $60 or less. I bought from ocean reef electronics and they have great customer service and i will buy from them and this product again.

I had to Overclock it and I am pleased
+127 core offset above...
Published 16 months ago by Dave

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, but don't trust the VGA out port if using Linux xorg drivers on old LCD monitors
I ordered 2 of these, used from different suppliers. I'm not certain it is the card's fault, but for some reason, on one of the cards, the VGA-out port burned out 3 older LCD monitors, before I figured out what was going on. This probably is not be the fault of the manufacturer, and is likely the fault of the experimental xorg drivers that I was using while running LINUX,...
Published 14 months ago by student

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Great, July 11, 2013
This review is from: Galaxy GeForce GT 640 GC 1 GB DDR3 PCI Express 3.0 HDMI/DVI/VGA Graphics Card, 64TGF8HX6FTZ, 384 CUDA Cores (Personal Computers)

I had to Overclock it and I am pleased
+127 core offset above galaxy OC
+99 memory offset as well
voltage at 1.075 and it is working perfectly
never goes above 45C

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent Video Card, January 15, 2013
B. Sauer (Sacramento, CA) - See all my reviews
So far so good on this video card. No problems thus far. I have not tried any games or anything of that nature but it does the job I need to. I mainly watch movies and surf the web online and eventually going to download some games and play them. Nvidia is a great company and finally they came out with a notification that a NEW upgrade is available without me having to go to the website and search for one ever other month.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good budget GPU for Linux, October 14, 2013
I was trying to make the jump to Linux, but my older AMD card just wasnt cutting it, even though some of the apps in Windows works fine with it.
I knew I couldnt afford something like the GTX 660 or higher, but wanted something where I could play most games on OK settings without having too much problems. Linux also is "friendlier" to Nvidia cards too overall.

This card is great for the price. Have not had any issues with it. Great price for the value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked great!, March 18, 2013
Bought it used for $45! And it came factory overlocked, that made it really good when I was gaming! Worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing card under a budget, February 5, 2014
I bought this card and it performs very well for under $100 here are the games I have and what I can run them on:

All games ran in 1080p

Call of duty 4: Everything on extra (as high as the game lets you) 90 fps
GTA 4: Everything on very high except shadows has to be on high. 60fps
Call of duty Ghosts: Everything on high 60 fps... Very high works but only pull 25-30 fps
Call of duty WAW: Everything on extra 90 fps
1080p videos and movies plays flawlessly on media player

I use the HDMI port and the VGA port at the same time. All heavy graphics are ran on my 1080p monitor through HDMI

Computer specs:
8 GB GSkill Ripjaws RAM
AMD AthlonII 3.1 Ghz. Quad core
600 watt power supply

5.0 out of 5 stars Great card for the price!, November 6, 2013
If you're el cheapo, like me, then this is a great option. It has the high quality of NVIDIA graphics, works brilliantly in Linux with the NVIDIA drivers, unlike AMD/ATI cards that have drivers for Linux that are not Scottish (They're CRAP!).

Plays the games I play on the highest resolution and quality settings. I'm not playing the latest and greatest ultra graphic intensive games, but for someone who is kinda average video game player, it's great!

You also can't beat the CUDA cores for ripping, re-encoding, etc. your favorite movies. (Don't steal - only do this legally.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Work great and runs quiet., January 28, 2014
If you anyone looking for a entry level graphics card under $100 then this is the one to get. I'm able to run PlanetSide 2 on max settings. How ever I play one medium settings to increase frame rates. However my computer only has 4Gb of ram and a 2.4 GHz Quad Core Processor so I'm shore this card is bottlenecked on my system being that this graphics card is built to run on an Intel i7 3.4 GHz processor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily one of, if not the best GPU for this price range., July 23, 2013
Having only paid 40$ for this card easily worth 80$, I was blown away by the results it produced. It runs modern games easily on medium settings, and some games even at the higher settings! This is definitely a good buy for someone building a budget gaming desktop.

4.0 out of 5 stars awesome video card, May 20, 2013
Im Able to play most new games on Medium-Low with this my cpu is def holding me back(amd athlon ii x2 250 at 3.0ghz) once i update my cpu im sure ill easily be able to play current games on medium-high. I baught it used like new for $40 i dont recommend paying the $80+ for a new version either get used version for cheap or buy a better card (radeon hd 7750 only cost about $95 and is way faster,Geforce gtx 650 is abound $110)

5.0 out of 5 stars Big boost for an old computer, March 28, 2014
I own a 4 year old HP computer with the graphics card built onto the motherboard. I'd been having performance issues running graphics and video editing software. My graphics rating was a 4.2. After the simple install of this graphics card, the rating jumped to a 7.1 and I've had a very noticeable improvement with the graphic heavy software. I don't know what it would do to help on-line gaming, but it's a huge improvement over the base computer I got off the shelf. Very highly recommended for someone in that situation who wants to spend less than $100 for a substantial fix.